0 to Plat in 2023

Thermopyle2

6 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

One question. I just saw people getting the platinum in 2-4 days and my questions is, if there is a daily faction restriction to get polychrons (and the faction trophy), how is it possible to get the platinum that fast if you need would need 640 polys for the the upgrade trophy and you get only 20-22 per day? or am I missing something?

If you look at that guy's trophy pops, you'll see that he somehow popped 250 hero levels as his second trophy, and he has a bunch of suspect timestamps. He somehow got 250 character levels before getting to 5 characters with level 5, as another example. Pretty sure he cheated, but I can't report him since I didn't play the PS4 version.

The #2 fastest, white-lucid, did it in 4d2h, and has pretty legitimate-looking trophies.

One thing I didn't really talk about in my roadmap is that you could open hero chests and have polychrons as part of the reward. It was a very low percentage of the time for me, but I believe for a while the chests were more static for a day, or something, so you could just open a chest with a polychron reward over and over and build them up quickly that way. I believe the chests went away along with that currency type when that update hit at the end of March, though.

For faction XP I'm not sure how that was done. I assume it was a combination of a XP bonus weekend and perhaps doing some of the higher-level quests that reward faction XP (the late end-game stuff.) The reason I suspect white-lucid was doing those quests was because of reaching power level 150 a couple hours before getting the trophy for maxing out a major artifact. The only way I'm aware of for getting to PL150 and beyond without the +10 from a major artifact is doing the late-game stuff, which rewards gear up to 175 or something.

17 hours ago, Thermopyle2 said:

If you look at that guy's trophy pops, you'll see that he somehow popped 250 hero levels as his second trophy, and he has a bunch of suspect timestamps. He somehow got 250 character levels before getting to 5 characters with level 5, as another example. Pretty sure he cheated, but I can't report him since I didn't play the PS4 version.

The #2 fastest, white-lucid, did it in 4d2h, and has pretty legitimate-looking trophies.

One thing I didn't really talk about in my roadmap is that you could open hero chests and have polychrons as part of the reward. It was a very low percentage of the time for me, but I believe for a while the chests were more static for a day, or something, so you could just open a chest with a polychron reward over and over and build them up quickly that way. I believe the chests went away along with that currency type when that update hit at the end of March, though.

For faction XP I'm not sure how that was done. I assume it was a combination of a XP bonus weekend and perhaps doing some of the higher-level quests that reward faction XP (the late end-game stuff.) The reason I suspect white-lucid was doing those quests was because of reaching power level 150 a couple hours before getting the trophy for maxing out a major artifact. The only way I'm aware of for getting to PL150 and beyond without the +10 from a major artifact is doing the late-game stuff, which rewards gear up to 175 or something.

Thank you! I guess that makes sense. So, still around 29 days if I can't get polys from random chests.

(Btw, sorry for the huge amount of typos on my last post, it was very late at night :( )

8 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

Thank you! I guess that makes sense. So, still around 29 days if I can't get polys from random chests.

(Btw, sorry for the huge amount of typos on my last post, it was very late at night :( )

I haven't tested it, but I believe that March update made it so you can play offline entirely, whereas before even if you played solo you were connecting to servers when you did so, and being offline would cause the faction stuff not to populate properly with a new day. It might be worth checking to see if the move to offline lets you change your date and generate new factions. To do that, just go into your internet settings, disconnect from the internet, and then manually set your date 1 day ahead in the date settings. Restart Avengers, and see if it gives you a new set of faction quests.

If it does, that'd be a quick way to grind up the faction XP and also the polychrons. 

If you test that, let me know your results and I can update the original post with that info.

Edited by Thermopyle2
  • Like 1

On 30/4/2023 at 4:22 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

I haven't tested it, but I believe that March update made it so you can play offline entirely, whereas before even if you played solo you were connecting to servers when you did so, and being offline would cause the faction stuff not to populate properly with a new day. It might be worth checking to see if the move to offline lets you change your date and generate new factions. To do that, just go into your internet settings, disconnect from the internet, and then manually set your date 1 day ahead in the date settings. Restart Avengers, and see if it gives you a new set of faction quests.

If it does, that'd be a quick way to grind up the faction XP and also the polychrons. 

If you test that, let me know your results and I can update the original post with that info.

Sorry, it took me a bit to get to the point where you have both factions.

I can confirm that I was able to change the date and the 16 assignments + the 2 faction missions were reset :D.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2023 at 3:43 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

Added, thanks.

No problem. Just one last question, after the first two missions for each faction, Villains Sector missions don't appear on the map, do I need to finish the story for them to be shown on the map? I was hoping to start doing these ones early.

4 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

No problem. Just one last question, after the first two missions for each faction, Villains Sector missions don't appear on the map, do I need to finish the story for them to be shown on the map? I was hoping to start doing these ones early.

You can switch to the War Zones campaign in the War Table (or back out to the main menu and do it there.) That will cause a number of missions to always be available no matter how many times you've completed them (that's why I specify doing that in Roadmap step 2-4.)

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 1:59 PM, NicholasMondiale said:

So there are no online required trophies?

As in playing with other people? I played completely solo while getting the plat, but at the time it was an always online deal so I still needed to stay connected. Now supposedly as of the patch at the end of March it's 100% playable offline. angelbless45 confirmed you can now manipulate your local clock to force the faction stuff to skip days, which was a major timegate previous to the patch (I tried it in earlier March and it didn't work at that point.) I think you're fine if you want to play it offline.

Now, if you do care about any of the endgame content you would need to do co-op for that for the higher-level stuff, but there are no trophies associated with it.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2023 at 5:12 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

Main thing is still to focus on the daily faction stuff and the 50 hives (be sure to run them in challenge mode 3 until that trophy pops.) The 250 character levels was a decent grind and probably would have popped after the 50 hives at the time of my post, but now there's a permanent 1.5x XP so the levels might come first.

Why challenge mode 3, I’m currently on 40+ hives also is treasure hove bugged 

4 hours ago, BIGBERNARDOB said:

Why challenge mode 3, I’m currently on 40+ hives also is treasure hove bugged 

For the Holding it Down trophy. Once you've completed 30 war zones at challenge III you can run everything else at challenge I (except for a single IV 100% rating for The Best Around.)
I didn't have any trouble with Treasure Trove, but make sure you understand what the cache strongboxes are and which of them count towards that. They're the ones inside the underground bunkers, and the Days of the Remains is an easy mission to run to get a couple of those vaults in just a few minutes per run as specified in 2-2 of the roadmap.

On 10/5/2023 at 11:51 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

For the Holding it Down trophy. Once you've completed 30 war zones at challenge III you can run everything else at challenge I (except for a single IV 100% rating for The Best Around.)
I didn't have any trouble with Treasure Trove, but make sure you understand what the cache strongboxes are and which of them count towards that. They're the ones inside the underground bunkers, and the Days of the Remains is an easy mission to run to get a couple of those vaults in just a few minutes per run as specified in 2-2 of the roadmap.

Day of the Remains was an amazing mission to get the Treasure Trove and 100 AIM Prisoners, but also Gear. I was able to hit Power level 140 quickly and since I was farming faction assignments while repeating the mission, I was able to max the artifact very early into the game. Also, i was a bit scared about the glitched trophies but thankfully both trophies were unlocked exactly when supposed to. The roadmap has been perfect so far! Thank you!

My only real problem so far was that the Inhuman Villain Sector Faction Assignment doesn't show up at the war table, so I wasn't able to get its xp, however, luckily there are more than enough Villain Sectors to go for.

Edited by angelbless45

19 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

Day of the Remains was an amazing mission to get the Treasure Trove and 100 AIM Prisoners, but also Gear. I was able to hit Power level 140 quickly and since I was farming faction assignments while repeating the mission, I was able to max the artifact very early into the game. Also, i was a bit scared about the glitched trophies but thankfully both trophies were unlocked exactly when supposed to. The roadmap has been perfect so far! Thank you!

My only real problem so far was that the Inhuman Villain Sector Faction Assignment doesn't show up at the war table, so I wasn't able to get its xp, however, luckily there are more than enough Villain Sectors to go for.

Are you in the War Zones mode or in one of the campaigns? The campaigns limit what is available based on story progression, so for example if there's a villain sector that is part of the War for Wakanda campaign it won't appear if you're in Reassembled or in the Kate Bishop campaign.

• Like 1

On 15/5/2023 at 9:33 AM, Thermopyle2 said:

Are you in the War Zones mode or in one of the campaigns? The campaigns limit what is available based on story progression, so for example if there's a villain sector that is part of the War for Wakanda campaign it won't appear if you're in Reassembled or in the Kate Bishop campaign.

Oh, I actually didnt know there were different modes. :S. I guess I am at the Main Missions hub, as i always enter there. 

I have a question for getting 2 platinum trophies for this game. I initially started playing on the PS5 and all I did was complete the campaign once and deleted the game. Just a few days ago I downloaded the PS4 version and I see that I have the campaign completed but all of my characters are of level 1 and it seems that no trophies auto popped from the PS5 version. I do not have the ability to replay the campaign anymore nor do I see any option to reset my progress. So with that said, am I locked out of all of the trophies that I've already unlocked in the PS5 version or is there a workaround to at least re-acquiring the trophies on PS4 and then I can do a save migration to PS5 for the autopop.

20 hours ago, angelbless45 said:

Oh, I actually didnt know there were different modes. :S. I guess I am at the Main Missions hub, as i always enter there. 

When you go to the War Table it shows an option to switch campaigns. You can also get to it from the main menu before you launch in. Each campaign is locked down to missions within that campaign and most of that stuff disappears once you've played it. There's another section (War Zones) that has a bunch of stuff to play that isn't campaign-specific. It's in the roadmap to switch to that after the initial campaign is done for all those story-mode trophies (section 2-4.)

19 hours ago, SuperGodfatherZ said:

I have a question for getting 2 platinum trophies for this game. I initially started playing on the PS5 and all I did was complete the campaign once and deleted the game. Just a few days ago I downloaded the PS4 version and I see that I have the campaign completed but all of my characters are of level 1 and it seems that no trophies auto popped from the PS5 version. I do not have the ability to replay the campaign anymore nor do I see any option to reset my progress. So with that said, am I locked out of all of the trophies that I've already unlocked in the PS5 version or is there a workaround to at least re-acquiring the trophies on PS4 and then I can do a save migration to PS5 for the autopop.

https://www.gamepur.com/guides/how-to-start-the-reassemble-campaign-replay-in-marvels-avengers

Thanks for the roadmap. Faction missions (Day of the Remains, Bad Blood) on Challange III counts for 30 Warzones on Challange III or it has to be Drop Zones, Villain Sectors, etc? Not gameplay related but I'm getting Earth Mightiest Heroes Thor Iconic Mission Chain completed popup every time the game loads for the first time (got the trophy just fine). Is anyone else having issues like these? Thanks in advance.

Edited by johncnstntn__

13 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Thanks for the roadmap. Faction missions (Day of the Remains, Bad Blood) on Challange III counts for 30 Warzones on Challange III or it has to be Drop Zones, Villain Sectors, etc? Not gameplay related but I'm getting Earth Mightiest Heroes Thor Iconic Mission Chain completed popup every time the game loads for the first time (got the trophy just fine). Is anyone else having issues like these? Thanks in advance.

All of the missions you can do count as War Zones, yes. I don't think the game explains it very well and had the same question for quite a while. If you're doing Day of the Remains for the easy misc trophy progress then you wouldn't be finishing it anyway, unless there's some way to make it let you run it repeatedly.

I suspect if you played the campaign missions in Challenge III those would count towards it as well, but I've not tested it and couldn't find any comments one way or the other about it.

I didn't have any issues with the mission chains, once I finished them they were gone. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, petrus_hendrikus said:

Question, I read on several guides platinum is unobtainable but I guess this info is outdated with recent patches? I wanna start this game from 0 but won't be able to play it a lot coming months. I don't wanna be locked out of this game eventually. I can do this 100% offline now?

I’m currently going for the plat and have matchmaking disabled and I have gotten every trophy. Only ones I’m missing are 50 hives (currently at 35), 250 hero levels, and Iconic Avengers missions (saving that for last). I’ve turned off my Wi-Fi to advance time to refresh missions and store items. Do note that the game will be delisted from the psn store in September so you’ll need to buy it prior to that. But the Platinum is 100% obtainable as I’ve seen others get it within the last month. 

Edited by Winker2009
Typo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Winker2009 said:

I’m currently going for the plat and have matchmaking disabled and I have gotten every trophy. Only ones I’m missing are 50 hives (currently at 35), 250 hero levels, and Iconic Avengers missions (saving that for last). I’ve turned off my Wi-Fi to advance time to refresh missions and store items. Do note that the game will be delisted from the psn store in September so you’ll need to buy it prior to that. But the Platinum is 100% obtainable as I’ve seen others get it within the last month. 

OK thanks! I already got it in a sale but haven't started it yet.

On 6/12/2023 at 7:11 PM, Winker2009 said:

Good to know. I've platted it on my main account when it came out via coop. Been wanting to go through the game again on my second acc, but the server shut down had me worried.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, so i've been grinding the hell out of Day of the Remains mission to get the strongboxes, prisoners, etc; none of the trophies have popped. Does this method actually work? Do I have to finish the mission after I have grinded it all to have the trophies pop?

4 hours ago, GiffTrophies said:

Hey, so i've been grinding the hell out of Day of the Remains mission to get the strongboxes, prisoners, etc; none of the trophies have popped. Does this method actually work? Do I have to finish the mission after I have grinded it all to have the trophies pop?

It worked prior to the patch in March, yes, though it does feel like it drags forever. Quite a few people here have commented on the roadmap and nobody has said anything about it not working, so I expect it should still be viable. The trophies should pop just as you complete the objectives, not at the end of the level. If you finish the mission it will disappear from your list and you'll need to work on the achievements elsewhere, so I don't recommend it.

It's been a while, but I recall there being somewhere in-game where you could see your progress for at least some of those objectives. You can check to make sure the numbers are going up.