online DLC 2 & DLC 5

Mustafa_Ad121

1: Only if you have the Original Retail release with Diamond Steve on the cover but even then, you may still have to use various exploits to force the game to give the Legacy Edition option.

2: No, only public ranked matches count since they patched out trophy support for custom lobbies a few years ago.

3: 2 if I remember right.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, tomdzi30 said:

@HuntingFever Hey i already have the original retail release ,what to do next?

Boot up the game after installing the latest patch and see if the Legacy Version button appears on the main menu. If it's there, you're good to go but if it isn't, be prepared to spend a lot of frustrating hours trying to force it to appear.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 3 weeks later...

I literally did this a few days ago on the digital PS4 version on the current update.

it's very simple and straightforward, just select the edition button on the main menu.

Most trophies won't unlock in private matches.

I connected a second controller and had a friend join my public lobby for a few trophies too.

If anyone has more questions, I'll try answer them.

12 hours ago, Jameseven said:

it's very simple and straightforward, just select the edition button on the main menu.

That's fine if you're one of the lucky people who has the Editions Buttons but many people don't, because of a douchebag move by the devs a few years ago to intentionally block access to it for certain players :(.

13 hours ago, Jameseven said:

How can only some people have it if I just have the regular digital version from the store?

Shouldn't anybody be able to download it?

Is it a region thing? I'm in the UK.

Nope, it's global but it all stems from when the Bedrock Edition patch was released and the uneven/buggy application of the version block the devs implemented at the time. I was lucky, because I own the OG retail version with Diamond Armour Steve on the cover and played it before the patch came out so my legacy access was guaranteed but many people weren't so lucky. I wish I could find the dev quote again where they admit to gimping the game on purpose but haven't been able to find it :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.