Report: Far Cry 4 set in Himalayas, coming in early 2015

IntenseFATE98

Ubisoft's next Far Cry game will take place in a locale with much lower temperatures and much higher elevation than the jungle settings of the existing titles in the franchise: the Himalayas, according to a report from Eurogamer.

Citing "people familiar with the project," Eurogamer reports that the new setting will feature a variety of environments aside from snow-capped mountains, and will allow for new types of gameplay like riding elephants. Gaming industry sleuth Superannuation initially reported the Himalayan setting last month; that tweet also mentioned the possibility of monsters in the game. The mythical yeti is said to roam around the world's highest mountains.

According to Eurogamer, Far Cry 4 will feature similar gameplay to the action in the most recent entries in the Far Cry franchise, 2012's Far Cry 3 and 2013's Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon: a large world map with outposts for the player to liberate. Eurogamer's sources indicate that Far Cry 4 is in development on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One, and that Ubisoft plans to reveal the game at E3 this June. In addition, says Eurogamer, Ubisoft is aiming to release Far Cry 4 during the company's next fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2015.

We've reached out to Ubisoft for comment, and will update this article with any information we receive.

Update: A Ubisoft spokesperson told Polygon, "We have no comments on rumors or speculation."

Source : Polygon

If the rumours are true, this game could be awesome. I have never played a Far Cry game before but I might buy this one :hmm:

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

I liked far cry 3! Much better than far cry 2 imo.

But riding elephants?? What's the fun in that! I can't imagine elephants

Moving very quickly!

Also do elephants exist in cold, mountain terrains???

Edited by ANTIOX_

Moving very quickly!

We had one up here in a zoo but I think it got sent back down to the states. No way one could live in the wild in Alaska. I am sure the Himalayas are even worse. Maybe it's a Woolly Mammoth clone or something. 

• Like 1

I had been anticipating Far Cry 3 since it was announced at E3 2011 and it lived up to my expectations, well...the single player at least.

This is another game for my 2015 list along with The Witcher 3 & Persona 5.

Hell yeah

Source : Polygon

If the rumours are true, this game could be awesome. I have never played a Far Cry game before but I might buy this one :hmm:

You should give FC3 a try. I was hesitant after not liking FC2, but was glad when I finally got it. Don't like co-op, but the single player was pretty damn fun. I got into liberating camps fast as hell.

Moving very quickly!

Forget about elephants, I want to hunt down me some Yetis! :)

Himalayas is very different from sunny beaches, sounds like an interesting setting