Is jump script method even possible these days?

Silver-I-Chariot

1 hour ago, lbadplaay said:

I never played this game, but could you tell me what's the minimum hours of gameplay you need to have to be able to do this ? Can I really do this trophy in early game as it is suggested by you ?

The first instance of the jump rope game is about 10-15 minutes into the game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lbadplaay said:

Oh, thanks !! So I could try and get all the trophies tied to it using the script directly at the start of the game ?

I assume so. Once you get control of Vivi, you can go into the town square and the jump rope mini game is right there.

• Like 1

I've owned the game for years, but never had the time to get into the series; I own 7, 8 and 9 original remasters and remember playing one of the games on PS ONE; don't recall which.  I will probably start this series when the Pixel series comes to console in the coming times, with games 1 - 6 in pixel wonder, all remastered.  I'l give this a try when the time comes :)

Thanks for the diligent information gathering and collation of it.  I've downloaded all the necessary files, and I guess will add them all to a GitHub page myself for future people to fetch.

45cb292073.png

Edited by J-S_93
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lbadplaay said:

I never played this game, but could you tell me what's the minimum hours of gameplay you need to have to be able to do this ? Can I really do this trophy in early game as it is suggested by you ?

It takes 5-10 minutes to get there, you can do it as soon as you get control of the character.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2023 at 7:22 PM, kennyFF92 said:

Sorry if it took me a while, here's the promised recap of what I did to get the trophy :) (@ReegTheTrophyGuy @StanPortrBridges)

I got the jump rope trophy last week and I'm currently using another script to farm the 10k kills. At the beginning Vivi didn't jump at all, the script I used only maximixed my window and printed some numbers but nothing was happening. After searching a bit online I thought that it might be a problem with the current version of Remote Play app and it took a full morning of research and tries but in the end I made it.

Here's what you need:

1. PS Remote Play: <6.0 (or even 5.0, I'm not sure)
  2. remoteplay-version-patcher: it's needed to not force the update of Remote Play
  3. AutoHotkey: <2.0
  4. SciTE4AutoHotkey: this is optional since any text editor is good for editing the .AHK file (i.e. the script)

1) Install Old PS Remote Play
After many many tries I found a working 4.1 version thanks to this Reddit comment. Download the zip, after downloading extract the zip and run RemotePlayInstaller.exe inside the extracted folder.

2) Block force update of Remote Play
Download the tool from this GitHub repository, click on Release.zip to start the download. Extract the zip and run remoteplay-version-patcher.exe, it should do everything by itself.

3) Install AutoHotkey
You can download version 1.1 of the software from here. Be sure to not use version 2.0 and you're good.

3b) (Optional) Install SciTE4AutoHotkey
Download the installer from here and run it.

4) Prepare the script to be run as Administrator (thanks to Haycobbe from GitHub for this solution)
a - Find the AutoHotkey installation folder (it should be C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\v1.1.36.02), inside it you should find the file AutohotkeyU64.exe
b - Copy AutohotkeyU64.exe (just to keep a backup) and rename the new copy as Autohotkey.exe
c - Create in the same folder a file named Autohotkey.ahk
d - Open the newly created file with a text editor (e.g. SciTE4AutoHotkey)

e - Copy the official script of septomor, to easily copy it click the "Raw" button on this page

f - Paste the script in the .AHK file and save

5) Run the script
a - Open the PS Remote Play and connect it to your PS4/PS5
b - Start FF9, start the jump rope minigame, let Vivi lose on purpose and return to the position in wich you can start a new try (i.e. Vivi/Zidane having the ! on its head)
c - Run Autohotkey.exe as administrator (right click and "Run as Administrator"), it will automatically start the script since it has the same name as the .EXE file
d - Choose septomor in the new dialog and press "Start"

6) Now the hell starts:
If everything worked fine the minigame will start automatically and hopefully Vivi should get at least some jumps right. To get to 1000 jump you need to calibrate the script (i.e. change the latency parameter), the latency value depends on many factors (internet connection, PC performance, etc.), for me the value that made the trick was 690 but it took a lot of tries to understand it (about 2 hours of tries so don't surrender 1f643.png).

To change the latency you have to to change the number at lines 19 and 88 of the script (using the text editor).

As final details:

• I did it on PS5 with both PS5 and PC connected with ethernet cables to the modem/router, but I think it only affects latency and it shouldn't be a problem if you use wireless connections
  • I was on Disc 4, so you can enjoy the game and think about this infamous trophy later ;)
  • Remote Play setting was 360p with higher FPS
  • PC resolution was 1440x900 (but I think it shouldn't matter, it's just that at the end I was trying everything)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know how to run as admin, it simply didn't work. Also last version of Remote Play didn't do the job for me, I don't know why :)

Thank you so much !!!! It worked like a charm with the base latency for me too.

Just for clarification, you have to start the script when you're in front of the girls and you can still see the excalamation mark on your head.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lbadplaay said:

10 minutes. Unskippable intro cutscene, then you basically run straight to the kids.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/04/2023 at 6:22 PM, kennyFF92 said:

Sorry if it took me a while, here's the promised recap of what I did to get the trophy :) (@ReegTheTrophyGuy @StanPortrBridges)

I got the jump rope trophy last week and I'm currently using another script to farm the 10k kills. At the beginning Vivi didn't jump at all, the script I used only maximixed my window and printed some numbers but nothing was happening. After searching a bit online I thought that it might be a problem with the current version of Remote Play app and it took a full morning of research and tries but in the end I made it.

Here's what you need:

2. remoteplay-version-patcher: it's needed to not force the update of Remote Play
  4. SciTE4AutoHotkey: this is optional since any text editor is good for editing the .AHK file (i.e. the script)

After many many tries I found a working 4.1 version thanks to this Reddit comment. Download the zip, after downloading extract the zip and run RemotePlayInstaller.exe inside the extracted folder.

Download the tool from this GitHub repository, click on Release.zip to start the download. Extract the zip and run remoteplay-version-patcher.exe, it should do everything by itself.

3) Install AutoHotkey
You can download version 1.1 of the software from here. Be sure to not use version 2.0 and you're good.

4) Prepare the script to be run as Administrator (thanks to Haycobbe from GitHub for this solution)
a - Find the AutoHotkey installation folder (it should be C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\v1.1.36.02), inside it you should find the file AutohotkeyU64.exe
b - Copy AutohotkeyU64.exe (just to keep a backup) and rename the new copy as Autohotkey.exe

e - Copy the official script of septomor, to easily copy it click the "Raw" button on this page

5) Run the script
b - Start FF9, start the jump rope minigame, let Vivi lose on purpose and return to the position in wich you can start a new try (i.e. Vivi/Zidane having the ! on its head)
c - Run Autohotkey.exe as administrator (right click and "Run as Administrator"), it will automatically start the script since it has the same name as the .EXE file

6) Now the hell starts:
If everything worked fine the minigame will start automatically and hopefully Vivi should get at least some jumps right. To get to 1000 jump you need to calibrate the script (i.e. change the latency parameter), the latency value depends on many factors (internet connection, PC performance, etc.), for me the value that made the trick was 690 but it took a lot of tries to understand it (about 2 hours of tries so don't surrender ?).

To change the latency you have to to change the number at lines 19 and 88 of the script (using the text editor).

As final details:

• I did it on PS5 with both PS5 and PC connected with ethernet cables to the modem/router, but I think it only affects latency and it shouldn't be a problem if you use wireless connections
  • I was on Disc 4, so you can enjoy the game and think about this infamous trophy later ;)
  • PC resolution was 1440x900 (but I think it shouldn't matter, it's just that at the end I was trying everything)

I know how to run as admin, it simply didn't work. Also last version of Remote Play didn't do the job for me, I don't know why :)

Good sir, you are a legend

• Like 1

On 03/04/2023 at 6:22 PM, kennyFF92 said:

Here's what you need:

3) Install AutoHotkey

5) Run the script

6) Now the hell starts:
If everything worked fine the minigame will start automatically and hopefully Vivi should get at least some jumps right. To get to 1000 jump you need to calibrate the script (i.e. change the latency parameter), the latency value depends on many factors (internet connection, PC performance, etc.), for me the value that made the trick was 690 but it took a lot of tries to understand it (about 2 hours of tries so don't surrender ?).

As final details:

Thanks. This helped a lot. Some things I'd note though:

If you get an error installing Remote Play, use the .MSI instead of the .exe file.

The instructions about AHK are a little confusing. If you try and rename the x64 version, it'll conflict with autohotkey.exe. You need to rename the x32 (the default) before trying to replace it with the x64 version (e.g. change the suffix to exe.bak)

Line 88 in the file isn't used beyond a variable declaration, both scripts use the latency variable at line 19.

Also I used 360p/standard instead of high in remote play, and set remote play to real-time priority in task manager. I also set field text speed to maximum in game. 640 was the latency that worked for me on ethernet, but it took ~10 attempts to get 1000.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2023 at 1:22 PM, kennyFF92 said:

Here's what you need:

3) Install AutoHotkey

5) Run the script

6) Now the hell starts:
If everything worked fine the minigame will start automatically and hopefully Vivi should get at least some jumps right. To get to 1000 jump you need to calibrate the script (i.e. change the latency parameter), the latency value depends on many factors (internet connection, PC performance, etc.), for me the value that made the trick was 690 but it took a lot of tries to understand it (about 2 hours of tries so don't surrender 1f643.png).

As final details:

Is anybody having the issue with this where they can barely get past 20-30 no matter what latency they put? I've made a spreadsheet and found the range in which I can get past 1-2, but it very rarely makes it further than 20 and the very first speed up.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/04/2023 at 5:04 AM, ShadowChas said:

Is anybody having the issue with this where they can barely get past 20-30 no matter what latency they put? I've made a spreadsheet and found the range in which I can get past 1-2, but it very rarely makes it further than 20 and the very first speed up.

I can only get the script to do the first jump for me :(

It's definitely firing correctly initially, just not even getting a second jump :(

For those having problems. You need to be using a wired connection.

I don't normally support "cheating" like this. But in this case it's impossible to do without what with the input lag and everything.

I can do it quite easily on the original hardware on a CRT.

Edited by RedDevil757

45 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

For those having problems. You need to be using a wired connection.

I don't normally support "cheating" like this. But in this case it's impossible to do without what with the input lag and everything.

I can do it quite easily on the original hardware on a CRT.

Correct, your PC and your PS4/PS5 need to be wired to your router in order for the script to work. WiFi does not work

Then its just a matter of slightly adjust the latency if needed at all. Its still possible, I did it like 3 days ago :) 

On 4/3/2023 at 6:22 PM, kennyFF92 said:

Thank you for guide! I just got it on 3nd attempt. My monitor is 3440x1440 and used WiFi -- no problem! Now I can less worry about that lol!

Happy Hunting & Gaming!

Edited by SirSephiroth

On 24.5.2023 at 6:57 PM, BlakeWade said:

So, I've got the laptop and PS5 both wired - I'm still getting 1 jump only.

Out of about 50 attempts, I've only once gotten two jumps hah!

Video to show you what I'm doing:

https://www.berrycast.com/conversations/f937e6ab-3c24-5edb-bdbc-d9f4c1e136ae

You are at the wrong location. You are supposed to do it with vivi at the start of the game. I'm not sure if it's possible to do it wherever you are right now.

I can confirm that its possible (but very frustrating) on current Remote Play 6.0.0.2240. I spent all last night and few hours this afternoon to get it to work. I was able to get to low 600s but then it desynced and I never got over 200 again. At that point both my laptop and my PS4 were connected via WiFi.

I went back and forth between latency of 710 and 690. There was no rime or reason to the results. I ended up closing in to 700 and that got me to the win. I ended up at 1070 before the desync and at that point my PS4 was connected via an Ethernet cable and my laptop via a WiFi 6 connection. Both were near the Router.

The settings on my laptop that I changed: turning off bluetooth and setting my resolution to 1920x1080 with a 150% scaling.

I would not recommend this to anyone. Please do yourself a favor and use the older remote play version

21 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

You are at the wrong location. You are supposed to do it with vivi at the start of the game. I'm not sure if it's possible to do it wherever you are right now.

Same result for me I'm afraid, can only get the first jump to work.

1 hour ago, BlakeWade said:

Same result for me I'm afraid, can only get the first jump to work.

Okay, so I've now done it!

The issue was,

1) not doing it on disk 1 at the beginning

2) you don't start the conversation then run the script (as per some other guides i read), you run the script to start the whole sequence ie vivi starts talking to the girls with the script

Got it 5th try once I realised this

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/04/2023 at 2:22 PM, kennyFF92 said:

Here's what you need:

3) Install AutoHotkey

5) Run the script

6) Now the hell starts:

As final details:

bro u are a lifesaver! i've watched several videos on youtube and couldnt make the script work in anyway, got it first try following your guide!

Thank You!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably the most aggravating trophy I've ever done, and boy am I glad I'm finally done with it. Wasted about 2 hours being obstinate with using wifi before I gave up and dug around for an ethernet cable. 640 latency was the charm for me, and Vivi made it to like 1160 jumps before he finally tripped; I admittedly sort of panicked when the counter reached 1000 and the trophy didn't pop immediately since I forgot that doesn't happen until after Vivi trips past 1000.

I should point out I downloaded the desktop Remote Play today and didn't have to downgrade it or anything; only AutoHotkey at 1.3 and the jump.ahk file ran as admin which automatically resized my Remote Play window. I wouldn't know why or how I didn't need to downgrade Remote Play like others in this thread, but others might find themselves in the same boat and save some steps and headache with the setup.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Shadow_Xros said:

I just don't know, why this is a trophy I don't under stand, and how anyone can do this legit, they must have god fingers because I can't make it far into the first speed up section.

The problem is modern TVs and wireless controllers that introduce latency. If you was to try this on original hardware with a CRT then it's a lot easier. Square Enix could have fixed it and made it possible now but it was just another lazy remaster by them.