Is jump script method even possible these days?

Silver-I-Chariot

To anyone trying this, do not try it late game in the steeple, especially with Eiko. For whatever reason I could only get past 200 once and the rest I'd fail before 50, usually at 21. Create a new save and take 2 minutes to get Vivi to the first location, took me 3 attempts, getting past 200 the first 2 fails too.

Also I needed to use 210 latency.

I got the trophy last night (2am) over a wifi connection. My modem is on the main floor and laptop/PS5 are in the basement.

I went with the older 4.1 ver PS Remote Play based on kennyFF92 guide BUT I did NOT use the patcher. I used AutoHotkey 1.1. 

I messed around with the latency a few times, went from 710 -> 640 -> 690 (lines 19 & 88). I made about 3 attempts on each latency and after about 10 attempts I managed to get 1113 with 690 latency.

As mentioned by stewartw0wI also got an error installing Remote Play so I had to use the .MSI instead of the .exe file.

In my PS Remote Play settings I used 360p and HIGH refresh rate and left my laptop resolution on it's default setting.

Once everything was ready, I followed step 5.b on kennyFF92 guide "Start FF9, start the jump rope minigame, let Vivi LOSE on purpose and return to the position in which you can start a new try (i.e. Vivi/Zidane having the ! on its head)"

Lastly I also used this YT video (embedded below) as a visual guide.  

Edited by DHAMI87
additional info

On 26/05/2023 at 7:21 PM, BlakeWade said:

Okay, so I've now done it!

The issue was,

1) not doing it on disk 1 at the beginning

2) you don't start the conversation then run the script (as per some other guides i read), you run the script to start the whole sequence ie vivi starts talking to the girls with the script

Got it 5th try once I realised this

My lord I was getting so frustrated and then saw your comment - I too was starting with Vivi ready to jump. which was creating the issue of not even getting the first jump right.
But yeah once i started it from the position of Vivi still being "able" to walk around, but facing the jump ropers with the girl currently jumping it started counting jumps.
Didn't take too much latency tinkering after that. 620 was my golden number after changing both lines 17 and 88.
Setup was wired PS5, wifi PC, latest version of remote play as of 22 july 2023. autohotkey version 1.1  just googled "scite4autohotkey" and it was the first result. 
Also the file from github, initially when I tried copy-pasting the text into the app it would never save with the "H" marked file - and never ran correctly. But by clicking the "download raw file" button it seemed to arrive ready for use. I was then able to open that with either the autohotkey launcher (or editor for latency adjustments) 

Thank you so much everyone that contributed!

On 7/22/2023 at 2:46 PM, DHAMI87 said:

I went with the older 4.1 ver PS Remote Play based on kennyFF92 guide BUT I did NOT use the patcher. I used AutoHotkey 1.1. 

I followed this route and didn't run the patcher. I got it on the first try with a latency of 643 on both lines. Also had it on 360p plus High frames.

If you are having issues still, try not running the patcher.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 8:08 AM, lbadplaay said:

Thank you so much !!!! It worked like a charm with the base latency for me too.

Just for clarification, you have to start the script when you're in front of the girls and you can still see the excalamation mark on your head.

I did the steps but it doesn't link to my ps5, am I doing something wrong?

image.png?width=820&height=439

On 25/07/2023 at 1:20 AM, Shadow_Xros said:

I followed this route and didn't run the patcher. I got it on the first try with a latency of 643 on both lines. Also had it on 360p plus High frames.

If you are having issues still, try not running the patcher.

When you say that you're using the 4.1 remote play. How are you getting past the pop-up.

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Package.

I'm struggling so hard to get this to work, but everything I'm trying doesn't seem to work ?

9 hours ago, MetroCore said:

When you say that you're using the 4.1 remote play. How are you getting past the pop-up.

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Package.

I'm struggling so hard to get this to work, but everything I'm trying doesn't seem to work ?

When I downloaded the old patcher there was an exe installation file and msi. It worked when I ran the msi file, not exe.

So I'm getting everything to run, but I'm getting super inconsistent results. Like, at latency 690 I've gotten 100 jumps and then the next attempt 17, and it seems weird for an automated script to have that different of results. Everything is wired, so it shouldn't be fluctuations in the wifi.Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?

On 12/06/2023 at 4:34 PM, AGN_shinobie972 said:

hello to you I know that several people are struggling to get a trophy if you need if your script does not work and if you do not arrive I can help you just have a good connection and I will do that to you in shareplay my ID and AGN_shinobie972

hi! I’ve tried to search your user on the PSN friends search but I can’t find you. I’d really appreciate some help.

I’ve been trying the following:

Psremote play 4.1 (360p high)

remote play patch applied

AutoHotkey (both U32 and U64)

latencies 710, 690, 620

I'm at the very beginning of the game (first point you can try) and all I’ve got is 100 jumps in a row.

thanks in advance 

Not sure if this will help others or not, but I was just able to get the trophy after fiddling with the latency for awhile by editing the script slightly. I noticed that the script was detecting a failed attempt sometimes falsely before actually tripping on the rope, so I commented out the lines (224-234) in the script that looked at the pixels for failures and immediately saw an improvement of getting at best sub-200 scores to over 700. From there I just had to try 2 more times with slightly different latency values to get it to work (670 ultimately was my winning number using a LAN connection)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just did that achievment, the main issue that I had - script that detecting false attempt. 

As @nukejrdstated, deleting script for detecting false attempt can help a lot (got the trophy on second try after script was deleted)

Spoiler

; Detect if failed and back at the start to retry
    PixelSearch, x, y, 644, 535, 644, 535, %failColor%, 20, Fast RGB
        If (ErrorLevel != 0) { ; reset
        ToolTip, failed, 400, 400
        sleep, 3000
        ControlSend,, {%buttonToPress% down}, ahk_id %id%  ; Press down the %buttonToPress% key.
        DllCall("Sleep", "Uint", 100)
        ControlSend,, {%buttonToPress% up}, ahk_id %id%  ; Release %buttonToPress% key.
        sleep, 2000
        gosub, GrabRemotePlay
        break
    }

I have no idea what I am doing wrong or how you guys are making it work.

I can't get the keyboard or the ps5 remote to work on windows 11 and the PlayStation Remote Play app.

Plugged in or via Bluetooth, it's all the same.

I looked up ver 4.1 as some people have stated but the results I've gotten are not installable on Windows, something about Installer not valid or something.

I have DS4, I can see the remote is recognized but again, Remote Play doesn't respond to it, at all.

Is anyone able provide any advise?

Thanks,

Edit: I manage to get the keyboard working. I hit Enter, it does one jump but the script keeps failing.

Edited by chaggitto

56 minutes ago, chaggitto said:

I can't get the keyboard or the ps5 remote to work on windows 11 and the PlayStation Remote Play app.

I looked up ver 4.1 as some people have stated but the results I've gotten are not installable on Windows, something about Installer not valid or something.

I have DS4, I can see the remote is recognized but again, Remote Play doesn't respond to it, at all.

Thanks,

Edit: I manage to get the keyboard working. I hit Enter, it does one jump but the script keeps failing.

Someone posted a guide as well as a link to an old working version in this thread, try that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 4:43 AM, chaggitto said:

Thanks,

make sure to start script in right time, script just need you put vivi next to the girl and start, it will auto accept the challenge and go in, not when you accept the challenge and then start script

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I followed @kennyFF92 ‘s step by step guide and got the script to run and work on the ps5 my latency magic number was 640 with the ps5 connected by ethernet and laptop running wireless. I didn’t need to erase any of the script like some people reported either.

On 4/3/2023 at 1:22 PM, kennyFF92 said:

Sorry if it took me a while, here's the promised recap of what I did to get the trophy :) (@ReegTheTrophyGuy @StanPortrBridges)

I got the jump rope trophy last week and I'm currently using another script to farm the 10k kills. At the beginning Vivi didn't jump at all, the script I used only maximixed my window and printed some numbers but nothing was happening. After searching a bit online I thought that it might be a problem with the current version of Remote Play app and it took a full morning of research and tries but in the end I made it.

Here's what you need:

1. PS Remote Play: <6.0 (or even 5.0, I'm not sure)
  2. remoteplay-version-patcher: it's needed to not force the update of Remote Play
  3. AutoHotkey: <2.0
  4. SciTE4AutoHotkey: this is optional since any text editor is good for editing the .AHK file (i.e. the script)

1) Install Old PS Remote Play
After many many tries I found a working 4.1 version thanks to this Reddit comment. Download the zip, after downloading extract the zip and run RemotePlayInstaller.exe inside the extracted folder.

2) Block force update of Remote Play
Download the tool from this GitHub repository, click on Release.zip to start the download. Extract the zip and run remoteplay-version-patcher.exe, it should do everything by itself.

3) Install AutoHotkey
You can download version 1.1 of the software from here. Be sure to not use version 2.0 and you're good.

3b) (Optional) Install SciTE4AutoHotkey
Download the installer from here and run it.

4) Prepare the script to be run as Administrator (thanks to Haycobbe from GitHub for this solution)
a - Find the AutoHotkey installation folder (it should be C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\v1.1.36.02), inside it you should find the file AutohotkeyU64.exe
b - Copy AutohotkeyU64.exe (just to keep a backup) and rename the new copy as Autohotkey.exe
c - Create in the same folder a file named Autohotkey.ahk
d - Open the newly created file with a text editor (e.g. SciTE4AutoHotkey)

e - Copy the official script of septomor, to easily copy it click the "Raw" button on this page

f - Paste the script in the .AHK file and save

5) Run the script
a - Open the PS Remote Play and connect it to your PS4/PS5
b - Start FF9, start the jump rope minigame, let Vivi lose on purpose and return to the position in wich you can start a new try (i.e. Vivi/Zidane having the ! on its head)
c - Run Autohotkey.exe as administrator (right click and "Run as Administrator"), it will automatically start the script since it has the same name as the .EXE file
d - Choose septomor in the new dialog and press "Start"

6) Now the hell starts:
If everything worked fine the minigame will start automatically and hopefully Vivi should get at least some jumps right. To get to 1000 jump you need to calibrate the script (i.e. change the latency parameter), the latency value depends on many factors (internet connection, PC performance, etc.), for me the value that made the trick was 690 but it took a lot of tries to understand it (about 2 hours of tries so don't surrender ?).

To change the latency you have to to change the number at lines 19 and 88 of the script (using the text editor).

As final details:

• I did it on PS5 with both PS5 and PC connected with ethernet cables to the modem/router, but I think it only affects latency and it shouldn't be a problem if you use wireless connections
  • I was on Disc 4, so you can enjoy the game and think about this infamous trophy later ;)
  • Remote Play setting was 360p with higher FPS
  • PC resolution was 1440x900 (but I think it shouldn't matter, it's just that at the end I was trying everything)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know how to run as admin, it simply didn't work. Also last version of Remote Play didn't do the job for me, I don't know why :)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mr_Slfdestruct said:

I followed @kennyFF92 ‘s step by step guide and got the script to run and work on the ps5 my latency magic number was 640 with the ps5 connected by ethernet and laptop running wireless. I didn’t need to erase any of the script like some people reported either.

Thanks for let us know it still works. I do have this game on my backlog and didn't started it because of this trophy... I loved this game when it first came out and Would love to get the platinum.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 10:52 PM, kennyFF92 said:

Sorry if it took me a while, here's the promised recap of what I did to get the trophy :) (@ReegTheTrophyGuy @StanPortrBridges)

I got the jump rope trophy last week and I'm currently using another script to farm the 10k kills. At the beginning Vivi didn't jump at all, the script I used only maximixed my window and printed some numbers but nothing was happening. After searching a bit online I thought that it might be a problem with the current version of Remote Play app and it took a full morning of research and tries but in the end I made it.

Here's what you need:

1. PS Remote Play: <6.0 (or even 5.0, I'm not sure)
  2. remoteplay-version-patcher: it's needed to not force the update of Remote Play
  3. AutoHotkey: <2.0
  4. SciTE4AutoHotkey: this is optional since any text editor is good for editing the .AHK file (i.e. the script)

After many many tries I found a working 4.1 version thanks to this Reddit comment. Download the zip, after downloading extract the zip and run RemotePlayInstaller.exe inside the extracted folder.

2) Block force update of Remote Play
Download the tool from this GitHub repository, click on Release.zip to start the download. Extract the zip and run remoteplay-version-patcher.exe, it should do everything by itself.

3) Install AutoHotkey
You can download version 1.1 of the software from here. Be sure to not use version 2.0 and you're good.

3b) (Optional) Install SciTE4AutoHotkey
Download the installer from here and run it.

4) Prepare the script to be run as Administrator (thanks to Haycobbe from GitHub for this solution)
a - Find the AutoHotkey installation folder (it should be C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\v1.1.36.02), inside it you should find the file AutohotkeyU64.exe
b - Copy AutohotkeyU64.exe (just to keep a backup) and rename the new copy as Autohotkey.exe
c - Create in the same folder a file named Autohotkey.ahk
d - Open the newly created file with a text editor (e.g. SciTE4AutoHotkey)

e - Copy the official script of septomor, to easily copy it click the "Raw" button on this page

f - Paste the script in the .AHK file and save

5) Run the script
a - Open the PS Remote Play and connect it to your PS4/PS5
b - Start FF9, start the jump rope minigame, let Vivi lose on purpose and return to the position in wich you can start a new try (i.e. Vivi/Zidane having the ! on its head)
c - Run Autohotkey.exe as administrator (right click and "Run as Administrator"), it will automatically start the script since it has the same name as the .EXE file
d - Choose septomor in the new dialog and press "Start"

6) Now the hell starts:
If everything worked fine the minigame will start automatically and hopefully Vivi should get at least some jumps right. To get to 1000 jump you need to calibrate the script (i.e. change the latency parameter), the latency value depends on many factors (internet connection, PC performance, etc.), for me the value that made the trick was 690 but it took a lot of tries to understand it (about 2 hours of tries so don't surrender ?).

To change the latency you have to to change the number at lines 19 and 88 of the script (using the text editor).

As final details:

• I did it on PS5 with both PS5 and PC connected with ethernet cables to the modem/router, but I think it only affects latency and it shouldn't be a problem if you use wireless connections
  • I was on Disc 4, so you can enjoy the game and think about this infamous trophy later ;)
  • Remote Play setting was 360p with higher FPS
  • PC resolution was 1440x900 (but I think it shouldn't matter, it's just that at the end I was trying everything)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know how to run as admin, it simply didn't work. Also last version of Remote Play didn't do the job for me, I don't know why :)

Thank you for this detailed post. Got it without much fuss. Magic number 640 on wifi. Your turn now @Unlucky_Thir13en

Edited by SethHulc
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As of 01/06/2024, obtaining the trophy using the script continues to work. It is possible to use this procedure on Windows 11 and the latest version of PS Remote Play, currently version 6.5.0.
On the AutoHotkey website, there are two options to download: the most recent, version 2.0.11, and an older version, version 1.1.37. You must download and use the old version.
The SciTE4AHK program must also be downloaded and is used to edit the script, especially the line related to latency.
It is not even necessary to have a controller connected to the PC, as long as your character is already correctly positioned when starting the Remote Play.
Tips for anyone having trouble getting the PS Remote Play window to interact with AutoHotkey:
You must select the “Septomor” script option, which is time-based.
Even using the version of AutoHotkey indicated above, it may happen that the character does not interact with the girls, but you will still see a small line on the screen indicating “start” and then a jump counter. This means that the program is working, but the input is not being read in the Remote Play window.
I wasted several hours looking for a solution to this. I downloaded old versions of PS Remote Play, which didn't even install, and AutoHotkey, which didn't make any difference.
What solved it for me was the following: right-click on the script file and then select “Run with UI Acess”. If this option is not available, select the AutoHotkey program (not SciTE4AHK) as the default program for opening .ahk files, which will make the option appear.
Once you know that AutoHotkey is interacting with the Remote Play window, it is necessary to adjust the latency value until the character keeps jumping for a long period of time. For me, the value that worked best was 660, granting 1122 jumps and, consequently, the desired trophy.

Edited by MarcioAP1
  • Like 1

Seeing how many issues cropped up due to the updates makes me glad I got it done years ago. I'm even more glad to see that it's still doable for others, I've done the jump rope normally only once. That was more than enough for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

MarciaAP1,  I have exactly the same issue you. The program displays start, and a counter. It even detects failed. But Vivi doesn't move.
It's like there's no commands transferred.

I could not find te run with UI access, can you explain is some more detail plz?

On 4/3/2023 at 6:22 PM, kennyFF92 said:

This link doesn't work for me, I get the option to download the file but it just takes me to a blank page. Does anyone else have a updated link i could use?

I just tried this out because I was bored and it worked fine for me. I was using a laptop running Windows 11 connected to my PS5, Remote Play v6.5 (the latest one), AHK v1.1.37.01, and SciTE4 v.3.1.0. I only got 330 jumps when the latency was set to 640, but I got 1100 when I set it to 644, so you'll have to tinker with the .ahk script based on how good your connection is. Also, both my PS5 and laptop were connected to my router with LAN cables, which could definitely help.

Now I can platinum this game one day...

Edited by Ssharif0402