Classic mode on first playthrough?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would definitely just play the game on classic mode and save yourself another playthrough, i did it myself too. The race is definitely the most annoying part of the game, but it is surely doable. I was actually able to complete it via shareplay for someone else in about 1h30m of trying in the span of 2 days.

I would have just done classic if I knew the actual difficulty, the guides really over estimate how hard it is. Apart from the race it's fine. Couple of points where you will die a couple of times but nothing major at all. I'm just finishing up the collectibles, think I have 3 comics left, then need to get the Bolt Ace to 50mph then I'm done. Good luck whichever route you choose. 

Just do the classic play through. Although I would follow a collectables guide while doing classic. I didn't and regretted it as it took many hours to clean up after and I ended being bored with game. Took me 31 hours altogether (according to the PS5 dashboard) but a good 6 hours was of that was spent on that trying to win the race.

There's no value in a 2 playthrough approach. The guide is really just wrong - assuming you're going for the platinum. If you just want to enjoy the game and get most of the trophies but no interest in the plat, then certainly playing the game on an easier setting and getting most of the trophies is fine.

But if you want the plat, you have to play the entire came on Classic. Nothing carries over, this isn't a NG+ type situation, so really there is no value in an easier playthrough, apart from adding 10 hours or so to your total platinum run time.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, beating the classic on the first run is what I did. But I genuinely think the worst thing about this plat is the awful collectibles, and how boring is the gameplay of this game. I probably will just do the miscellaneous trophies and deleting this game. At least for now..

• 2 months later...

I didn't do Classic mode for my first playthrough and I'm kind of glad I didn't, I heard loads of people quit once they got to the race mission as it was too hard to beat. I remember having difficulty with it on Normal and that's going back to 2020. I'm hoping to have Classic mode beaten as it's the only trophy I need for the platinum. This'll be my first Mafia game to platinum as well, I feel like it's a good choice to work on them in order as well. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I just plat the game.

My work plan:

-First Step just play the story on classic dificulty. Dont focus on collectibles. Enjoy the game, pacience, its a little hard but nothing impossible.

-Once you beat the game on classic, turn on easy dificulty, free roam, and go for the collectibles and miscelaneous trophys. A lot of grind but in one day-two days, its possible.

-Finally, repeat chapters for the collectibles that only appears "only in specific chapters" turn on "skip travel" skip cinematics and in 1-2 hours, you have all of them.

I dont know whats the point on repeat the entire story on classic dificulty at the end.

Edited by El_Aitor_Koh

• 3 months later...

Classic as the only playthrough is the way. It's not even hard, the game gives you plenty of checkpoints during missions. Only the race could be considered troublesome, but to me it doesn't justify doing two playthroughs.

• 1 month later...

If you're going for platinum, you're going to have to finish the game on Classic eventually anyway.

The only hard thing about it is the race. Once you're done with that, it's not bad at all. Just get used to either checking when to change the clip or do what I did and not manually reload.

On 4/30/2023 at 3:49 PM, Starship_Pooper said:

Just do the classic play through. Although I would follow a collectables guide while doing classic. I didn't and regretted it as it took many hours to clean up after and I ended being bored with game. Took me 31 hours altogether (according to the PS5 dashboard) but a good 6 hours was of that was spent on that trying to win the race.

I didn't check beforehand how many collectibles there are in the game and I expect to get a little bored eventually. In my Classic playthrough, I got at least one of each type of collectibles without a guide except a Fox. And I think I found about half of the cigarette cards and the comic books. I just snooped around every area before proceeding to the objective.

While I might get bored on cleanup, I think it's best to do the first playthrough without getting too hanged about it. That might distract you from the great story. And it's bothersome anyway  if you keep checking the guide while playing through the chapters. You'll save time, sure. But personally I think it's not the ideal way to experience the story.

I don't consider this one of those games you have to hurry to plat. There's no server deadline and you're going to be doing a lot of fetching for the collectibles anyway.

Edited by Antiristus