Which MGS is harder to Plat?

crashban96

I heard this and MGS2 are hard to plat. I'm going to get back into MGS and do my backlog, but after I finish MGS5 I was wondering between MGS4 and MGS2 which is harder? I'd personally want to get the easier one done first. I finished MGRR with not much hassle but obviously they are completely different experiences. So anyone who has done both, which would be the better game to do first?

I personally haven't got any MGS Platinum. They are lenghty games with hard Platinums. I feel the general consensus is MGS5 and MGRR are the easiest Platinums of the saga. While MGS4 is the toughest one, as you need to play the campaign multiple times with a perfect score. MGS3 and MGS2 are still hard Platinums but far more doable. We don't mention MGS Survival beacuse that game doesn't exist

• Like 2

Personally I think MGS2 is a bit harder, MGS4 has big boss difficulty and there are a few moments where I really struggled but the first two acts were probably the most worrying parts about it in terms of screwing up. 
MGS2 needing to be played on all difficulties, getting all the nametags while doing it, and all the VR missions (probably the worst part). I felt like I struggled to platinum MSG2 a lot more than 4.
You'll be playing each of the games like 5+ times anyway so you'll probably end up getting good enough to do them without much stress, whichever you pick.

• Like 1

Im going to say MGS2 is the hardest. It will demand skill and good strategies on Extreme level. This isnt DMC or anything like that but it will require your full attention and knowledge of the bosses and terrain.
Its worth mentioning that MGS4 wont be easy either, on extreme difficulty bosses and bullets hit like a truck BUT you have more recovery items to your favor.

Theres one particular trophy where you need to spend a lot of time but the amount of options given will be enough for you to complete all requirements and get the shiny platinum first.

Once you get to MGS2, a much simpler game (but awesome in every sense), just focus on collectibles and learning the environment.

• Like 1

MGS2 is harder. You have to collect alot of dog tags on all difficulties(Exclude European Extreme) and finishing all VR Mission ain't a joke.

MGS4 really has only one hard part for the platinum and that's the Big Boss Rank, which requires you too finish the game in under 5 hours, 0 alerts, 0 enemies killed, 0 healing items used(That instantly gains life), 0 continues(If you de or fail, exit and reload last save). special items like stealth suit(Invisibility) and Bandana(Infinite ammo) aren't alllowed either too be used.

And all that on the highest difficulty too.

Rest of the MGS4 plat is just lotta grind and knowing some secrets/easter eggs for some trophys.

• 1 month later...

A bit late but here are my 2 cents about the plats for this series:

MGS3 is the easiest by a wide margin. You just need to get all the collectibles. Not to mention that you can get everything done on the easiest difficulty (it gives you a tranquilizer gun with infinite ammo). If you follow a give while playing, you don't get spotted and don't kill anyone, you can get the plat in a day.

MGS2 is not as bad as it seems. It's very time consuming and has some hard VR missions, but that's all. Extreme is a cake walk with the invisibility camo (you get it by getting dog tags on the other difficulties l).

MGS PW is grindy but that's all, once you get the weapons needed to beat certain bosses at a high enough level, the items needed to complete certain side ops(and s rank them all, including main missions) , most of the list will be done. The only thing left will be the MP, which can be boosted afk.

MGS5 is more of the same: s ranks, collectibles, grinding, etc. Time consuming. No MP trophies.

I didn't play MGS GZ yet, but it seems pretty simple and straightforward, the game is pretty short after all and doesn't have a platinum.

MGS4: I think is the most time consuming and the hardest for what it has been said above by someone else.

MGR is the one that requires a good amount of practice to beat, but it's very fun and not very long. The VR missions are tough.

Edited by LorenzoLame
MGSV does have online trophies. Nothing PvP though (you can invade a base without the player being around). Thanks xSeydoux for reminding me.

On 5/13/2023 at 1:42 PM, LorenzoLame said:

A bit late but here are my 2 cents about the plats for this series:

MGS3 is the easiest by a wide margin. You just need to get all the collectibles. Not to mention that you can get everything done on the easiest difficulty (it gives you a tranquilizer gun with infinite ammo). If you follow a give while playing, you don't get spotted and don't kill anyone, you can get the plat in a day.

MGS2 is not as bad as it seems. It's very time consuming and has some hard VR missions, but that's all. Extreme is a cake walk with the invisibility camo (you get it by getting dog tags on the other difficulties l).

MGS PW is grindy but that's all, once you get the weapons needed to beat certain bosses at a high enough level, the items needed to complete certain side ops(and s rank them all, including main missions) , most of the list will be done. The only thing left will be the MP, which can be boosted afk.

MGS5 is more of the same: s ranks, collectibles, grinding, etc. Time consuming. No MP trophies.

I didn't play MGS GZ yet, but it seems pretty simple and straightforward, the game is pretty short after all and doesn't have a platinum.

MGS4: I think is the most time consuming and the hardest for what it has been said above by someone else.

MGR is the one that requires a good amount of practice to beat, but it's very fun and not very long. The VR missions are tough.

MGSV has online trophies.

• Like 1

Agreed. I remember in my PS2 days how I tried to 100% MGS2. It’s excruciating, and I never did manage to do it.

MGS4 on the other hand, with more modern controls and some practice, patience, memorization, and trial and error, was a VERY doable platinum for me.

Still probably my favourite Metal Gear I’ve played to date too. The journey is just as fulfilling as the platinum in my opinion.

• Like 1