[SAO:Hollow Fragment] Taiwanese version gets Chinese/English subs!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/23-1/taiwanese-version-of-sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-game-includes-english-subtitles

Importers take note: In the event that Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment never makes it to the west, there's always the Taiwanese version to fall back on. Namco Bandai Games Taiwan announced that their version will have Japanese voiceovers and subtitles in both Traditional Chinese and English.

f0c9d045cfd590011fdfbb7126f4840213956029

All i can say is; YESSSSS. This game has been on the#1 spot of my vita wishlist of 2014 and being able to play it fully in english is just... too amazing!

Altough i'm not too sure it's going to be in full english(looking at the screenshot, it could be chinese/english combined) i'm still very pleased with this news!

Edited by xZoneHunter

"... in the event that word Art Online: Hollow Fragment never makes it to the west..."

There is no such thing as NEVER when it comes to SAO. It must make it to the west.

It just feels like it can happen. Especially since they've practically made (minus a few UI menus) an english version of the game. Sony also needs to put that 'third party production studios' to work and localize more games. Sony said those guys could do it. They're using them to port Borderlands 2 to the Vita.

• 4 weeks later...

And it is official no one will see me for about a year. my Vita will never get unplugged. plus I love that the vita shows so much love for us JRPG crowd  

What is your pickup list looking like for the rest of the year? For me it's:

Akiba's Trip

Danganronpa 2:Goodbye Despair

Sword Art Online:Hollow Fragment

Tales of Hearts

Freedom Wars

Debating some of the collections coming out, but all of these are guaranteed purchases for me.

• 1 month later...

New information about SAO:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/14/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-coming-ps-vita-july/

I think I'll get the Taiwanese version, since it seems to be a digital release for EU region. Has anybody heard if the US will get a physical copy?

Edit: Nevermind, EU and US digital release only. Oh yeah, and this topic belongs in the PS Vita "Other" category.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

I hope EU gets it as well...

I would prefer physical copy, though :/

If I can have that game it doesn't matter if it is physical or digital. I have it and that's good enough.

Now I saw the end of this forum.

It will be for Europe. Oh I will get it.  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:

Edited by BrunoBomb

Kinda late, PS Blog =D

I'm not gonna be picking up Taiwanese version as this seems to have multiplayer and I don't really want to rely on not region-locking MP so... I'll get the European digital version.

There's no multiplayer in this game in the sense you're thinking of, it's just adhoc play. Maybe sometime down the line, but at least nothing yet, even in the major July update, nothing about it mentioned.

There are "online" trophies.  As in you connect into multiplayer mode (which is just ad hoc) but you can play by yourself and set the rest of the characters as AI.  In other words, you can get all the "online" trophies yourself.

I see. That's good. These pseudo online trophies are much better than full fledged online trophies =D

Still, They decided to include an HD remaster of Infinity Moment for NA/EU. I don't think that game was even translated to English.

Yea it wasn't. And iirc it also didn't have the Taiwanese version (not sure about this).

And... is it even in Taiwanese version now?

Edited by SatoshiOokami

I really think there's a mistake about that HD remaster of Infinity Moment piece of news.  Because essentially.. SAO Hollow Fragment IS the HD remaster of Infinity Moment + new Hollow Story Arc.  I don't see why you would want to play through the same game twice... especially when SAO Hollow Fragment has the upgraded and enhanced battle system. There's really no point in playing Infinity Moment... everything in that game is in Hollow Fragment already ^^;;;

I have the game in Japanese version, but I haven't been able to play it due to my backlog of other vita games, and also because I have very little knowledge of Japanese language. Have they released a date as to when the NA version comes out?

Edited by GarciaFever