Cant login

poker_1987

38 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Turn your PS3 completely off and disconnect the power for 30 seconds, then generate a new console password and try it. I feel like the PS3 sometimes caches a console password and doesn’t accept the newly generated and entered password. 

I'll try that next time.

Got pissed  off with it.  Not got the patience to be messed around again just yet

You can turn off 2FA as soon as you sign in though, do it through the website. Sign in on console, save the generated password and then disable 2FA. 

Though tbh I don't know why you wouldn't want 2FA on your main. It stops outsiders being able to log into your account 

1 hour ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

You can turn off 2FA as soon as you sign in though, do it through the website. Sign in on console, save the generated password and then disable 2FA. 

Though tbh I don't know why you wouldn't want 2FA on your main. It stops outsiders being able to log into your account 

And then have to enable it again later when it kicks me out again for no reason?

That's what my password should be for

3 hours ago, StarWolf3000 said:

You don't need 2FA. You just need a Device Setup Password for login in place of your regular account password.

For most it seems you do as it will not work unless it's activated. 

26 minutes ago, poker_1987 said:

And then have to enable it again later when it kicks me out again for no reason?

That's what my password should be for

I remember my friend moaning about 2step and me telling him it should always be on, but he disabled it, got hacked and lost his account. If you care about your account I don't understand why anyone wouldn't activate every security step possible. If you're not that bothered fair enough. I have 2step activated on my PSN and Email for it and the Email is used for nothing else. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StarWolf3000 said:

You don't need 2FA. You just need a Device Setup Password for login in place of your regular account password.

I needed to use the 2FA before I could get this to work on a vita, the device setup password just kept regenerating the same crap. I was in Tokyo Japan and couldn't log in, now home? no problem. I'm sorry but Sony can go and eat a dick as far as I'm concerned, this is a massive fucking problem and particularly while you are away. Just don't disable your 2FA or you'll have to start again which may or may not work.

2 hours ago, StarWolf3000 said:

I find it just strange, that I can easily use the Device Passwords on both Vita and PS3 without every having 2FA enabled (and I also have never been logged out forcefully, which would require to regenerate them, since they're basically OTP, one-time passwords).

You probably have it activated