Batman Telltale

LDN-Legend

If I remember correctly, physicals for Telltale games don't have any actual data on them. The disc is a DLC pass. The first episode is the games loader and is already free, so you're prompted to download it on disc load.

Now, perhaps what you've got there is different, I don't know. Cloudflare is doing another round of 'gonna block this IP range lol' in my area for the umpteenth time.

Edited by Jelly Soup

5 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

If I remember correctly, physicals for Telltale games don't have any actual data on them. The disc is a DLC pass. The first episode is the games loader and is already free, so you're prompted to download it on disc load.

Now, perhaps what you've got there is different, I don't know. Cloudflare is doing another round of 'gonna block this IP range lol' in my area for the umpteenth time.

That's true for most of the TTG retail releases but there are some which have everything on the disc except for potentially the latest patch e.g. Minecraft Story Mode 1, Tales from the Borderlands and the Wolf Among Us :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please provide some clarification on whether this disc copy will allow me to download the DLC for free or not? The whole thing seems quite contradictory, it's labelled explicitly  as Episode 1 only however the case exclaims that the DLC is included :S. 

Should i just buy it and see? 

1 minute ago, LDN-Legend said:

Can anyone please provide some clarification on whether this disc copy will allow me to download the DLC for free or not? The whole thing seems quite contradictory, it's labelled explicitly  as Episode 1 only however the case exclaims that the DLC is included :S. 

The Season Pass Discs ALWAYS give you the other episodes for free via the in-game store :).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LDN-Legend said:

Yes, 

They just need to be installed in game, no code or anything, The discs were released before all the episodes were out.

I have no idea why CEX does the "no dlc included" thing anyway, I bought several things from them which included a DLC code which was unused, and it still said no dlc was in there.

• Like 3

On 27.04.2023 at 3:41 PM, breakingthegreen said:

I have no idea why CEX does the "no dlc included" thing anyway, I bought several things from them which included a DLC code which was unused, and it still said no dlc was in there.

If I had used-game store i would also do this just to cover myself up.

If you don't promise you don't underdeliver.

They even put it in games thet don't have any dlc or codes to use AFAIK 

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 2

On 27/04/2023 at 2:35 PM, LDN-Legend said:

You might have already picked it up since it's been a few days, but episode 4 seemingly isn't available via the season pass disc. I technically own it, since it's listed as purchased, but I can't download it at all. Very odd, not sure if it's something to do with the fact there's a complete edition on the store.

Edit: Found it in my addons section, but I'd still be wary, especially if you don't own all the episodes.

Edited by shipper321

12 hours ago, shipper321 said:

You might have already picked it up since it's been a few days, but episode 4 seemingly isn't available via the season pass disc. I technically own it, since it's listed as purchased, but I can't download it at all. Very odd, not sure if it's something to do with the fact there's a complete edition on the store.

Edit: Found it in my addons section, but I'd still be wary, especially if you don't own all the episodes.

Thanks for the reply, I haven't bought it yet because still unsure tbh. So ultimately you still found all the DLC from owning the disc?

30 minutes ago, LDN-Legend said:

Thanks for the reply, I haven't bought it yet because still unsure tbh. So ultimately you still found all the DLC from owning the disc?

Just buy it. When you put it in it will have episode one on it. Then if you scroll over to episode 2 3 4 5 it will say download. It will let you download them for free. Ive beaten every telltale game for ps3 ps4 psv. Trust it you are fine. The only way youd ever have to buy other eposodes is if you downloaded season 1 free from ps store itd make you pay for the others. Disk however covers everything. Guaranteed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Camokidd87 said:

Just buy it. When you put it in it will have episode one on it. Then if you scroll over to episode 2 3 4 5 it will say download. It will let you download them for free. Ive beaten every telltale game for ps3 ps4 psv. Trust it you are fine. The only way youd ever have to buy other eposodes is if you downloaded season 1 free from ps store itd make you pay for the others. Disk however covers everything. Guaranteed.

I did download Episode 1 from PS store ;) Wanted to use the disc to avoid paying the for the DLC

2 hours ago, LDN-Legend said:

I did download Episode 1 from PS store ;) Wanted to use the disc to avoid paying the for the DLC

Yes thatll work. Id just delete the game off of your ps3 but save the save data. Then put in the disk and download the rest of the episodes. Then pick episode 2. 

3 hours ago, LDN-Legend said:

Episode 1 is on the disc, and I could download 2, 3 and 5, on PS4 at least. I haven't checked the PS3 one  but when I finished it off a year or so ago I could redeem and download all the necessary episodes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s great that after I wrote a post they made a huge sale for this season pass after 18 months since the last sale.

They must be following here.

You have to make sales on many telltale games, batman enemy within and walking dead games too, a wolf among us also.. :) 

Edited by thesahinonur