Problem with asking vagner for help in better save soul

evar110

I'm at the point, where you tell euric you need the pride of the bishop (or whatever) and that you need vagner's help, but since I've finished the main game already, he's gone. I've read that you should be able to talk to him with the box next to the church, but I don't see an option there. Idk what to do, I'd hate to start over again. Could there be something I'm missing? Playing on the ps5 btw.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

It could be a Backwards Compatibility problem - do you have a PS4 you can test it on?

Tried to go to the royal services box on ps4, but still nothing. I also don't have a previous save, where I hadn't spoken to euric, so can't try it that way :/

On 27/04/2023 at 6:04 PM, evar110 said:

Tried to go to the royal services box on ps4, but still nothing. I also don't have a previous save, where I hadn't spoken to euric, so can't try it that way :/

Any solve on this issue? I’ve just come across this myself 

5 hours ago, evar110 said:

You can try waiting for a patch. I just made a new save, just for the dlc. Took me about a day.

Ah damn not ideal. I have my cloud save from before starting the DLC, but do you think it’s because of finishing the story that’s caused this?!

I thought maybe it could be that I learnt all the new techs before starting that mission so could try again 

5 hours ago, mikem192 said:

Ah damn not ideal. I have my cloud save from before starting the DLC, but do you think it’s because of finishing the story that’s caused this?!

I thought maybe it could be that I learnt all the new techs before starting that mission so could try again 

I have no idea, though I too learned all the new tech as soon as I could, so there might be a chance that that's the reason.

17 hours ago, NieSwiety said:

Guys, no bug here.

In order to get him, use Royal Services box in the Graveyard if you finished Vagner's quest line already.

Remember to have pen and ink with you. 

Cheers! :)

There’s no option at the Royal service box, just the base game choices. I’ve checked there every day/night available and nothing 

I have checked every night up at the mountain fort too just incase, nothing. And in the Inn, nothing. He’s gone, it’s a bug 

• 1 month later...

I also ran into the issue of Vagnar not being either in the inn nor the royal service box, the solution to talk to him is to get outside the normal playing map. This has allowed me to get to the next step (will update with if this allows me to proceed normally through the dlc)

Update: yup this enabled me to finish the dlc just fine. One note, on the step for cleaning up the village, the game will tell you to clean rubbish on the southern border of the village......there is a second piece needed and it is up north west of the church graveyard along the river. Took me ages to find this one. 

The following link has a video guide for how to get outside the map and talk to him.

Edited by Symudtry
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It happened to me too, but I solved playing normally. I just can't remember what I did. The option to talk to him throught royal service wasn't available at first. I think the option becomes abailable only if you have pen and ink with you, but can't remember correctly.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

had the same issue he vanishes if you complete the quest he is involved in during the main game thankfully this out of bounds still works and it saved me from restarting the game.

btw while i was searching online for an answer i came across people telling others that you can speak to the mail box outside of the church to communicate with him if you have completed his quest and like many others pointed out this doesn't work the only known way atm to complete this step of the dlc if you have already done the main campaign is to perform this glitch.