How do I buy this game with the DLC in 2023?

32 minutes ago, zemiguelreis said:

Hello! I am interested in playing this game but I want to get 100%. I am from Europe. What should I do to be able to play the DLC? 

if you got the disc it has the first alice game on there as a download kind of like how dead space 2 limited edition had the rail shooter dead space and medal of honor 2010 reboot had on the limited edition of that game the frontline game on there too.

• Like 1

i bought the digital version of the base on game on the psn store, the dlc was free. I think i even "bought" the DLC before i had the main game, so i think that it is always free to add to your library.

Edited by Vern3r0z

48 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

if you got the disc it has the first alice game on there as a download kind of like how dead space 2 limited edition had the rail shooter dead space and medal of honor 2010 reboot had on the limited edition of that game the frontline game on there too.

It's not on disc like the other 2, it needs to be unlocked. You purchase it free through the game.

22 minutes ago, Vern3r0z said:

i bought the digital version of the base on game on the psn store, the dlc was free. I think i even "bought" the DLC before i had the main game, so i think that it is always free to add to your library.

It wasn't always free, you used to have to either have a new copy of the game with a download code, or you had to buy it from the store. It did become free for all quite some time ago. A lot of people were mad because this is a single player game that basically had an online pass (Content needing a new copy or extra online purchase). Especially since you can't get the platinum without it. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

It's not on disc like the other 2, it needs to be unlocked. You purchase it free through the game.

As far as I remember i didnt get far on the ps3 one of alice but it was on the bonus of the disc so not sure what one you have that needs you to unlock it/ buy it off psn

1 minute ago, Lonemankane said:

As far as I remember i didnt get far on the ps3 one of alice but it was on the bonus of the disc so not sure what one you have that needs you to unlock it/ buy it off psn

Read the 2nd part of my response. It used to be available via a download code. The code was disabled at some point and the content was made free, but you had to go into the store (via the game) and unlock it. You didn't unlock it though gameplay. Dead Space 2 and MOH offer the content on the disc, this does not. 

7 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Read the 2nd part of my response. It used to be available via a download code. The code was disabled at some point and the content was made free, but you had to go into the store (via the game) and unlock it. You didn't unlock it though gameplay. Dead Space 2 and MOH offer the content on the disc, this does not. 

hmm your right then, i didn't read the second part as i thought it was aimed to someone else not just me and so on. plus i put the disc in to check as well i was sure it was on the disc.

Edited by Lonemankane

12 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

pretty sure nowadays you don't need to go to the store via the game, it can be done separately, since i did when i didn't have the game yet.

13 minutes ago, Vern3r0z said:

pretty sure nowadays you don't need to go to the store via the game, it can be done separately, since i did when i didn't have the game yet.

Yes, it was still on the store after it was made free, so your right, you could get it before owning the game. 

29 minutes ago, zemiguelreis said:

So let me see if I understood...I can just buy the digital version in the PS3 store and get the DLC for free right? 

Correct

5 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

It wasn't always free, you used to have to either have a new copy of the game with a download code, or you had to buy it from the store. It did become free for all quite some time ago. A lot of people were mad because this is a single player game that basically had an online pass (Content needing a new copy or extra online purchase). Especially since you can't get the platinum without it. 

As far as I know this is not true, the platinum was always available on Madness Returns without the original game DLC.

• Like 3

You can't get the 100% without it is probably what they meant to say. Even if you guy the digital version of the game I don't think that auto-unlocks it, you will probably still have to look for the addon "Alice: Madness Returns American Mcgee's Alice" and purchase it for free. Then you can launch it from within Alice: Madness Returns.

Bought it from Amazon a few years ago, physical PS3 copy. It then allowed me to download the DLC (the first game in the series) for free from inside the Main Menu selections.

Wonderfully twisted set of games, absolutely worth the trouble to find and play. Hope you're able to find a copy!

53 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

You can't get the 100% without it is probably what they meant to say. Even if you guy the digital version of the game I don't think that auto-unlocks it, you will probably still have to look for the addon "Alice: Madness Returns American Mcgee's Alice" and purchase it for free. Then you can launch it from within Alice: Madness Returns.

Yeah, that's what I meant. It was like 530am when I wrote that lol. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

To the OP: I do not know if you have bought the Alice games yet, but I recently checked on the US PS3 PSN Store on one of the alternate accounts, and the complete Alice game collection is still available for purchase (though need to load your account with $$$ on another platform to actually purchase it). Complete as is the base game, plus the DLC original Alice game and the clothing outfits (and one of which can be highly beneficial to you, from what I understand).

7 hours ago, COREqi said:

To the OP: I do not know if you have bought the Alice games yet, but I recently checked on the US PS3 PSN Store on one of the alternate accounts, and the complete Alice game collection is still available for purchase (though need to load your account with $$$ on another platform to actually purchase it). Complete as is the base game, plus the DLC original Alice game and the clothing outfits (and one of which can be highly beneficial to you, from what I understand).

Hey! Yes I already bought the normal digital version and then I was able to download the DLC for free just like the other users said. I am from Europe and I don't remember seeing the complete edition there, but thank you for the information.