Positive Glitch

GoonerLukeThe

1 hour ago, LukeTheGooner said:

I thought I should share this information as this game is part of the free games for this month and a few people willl be playing it, I've found a glitch that lets you play through the game on career mode where deaths (bails) don't actually add up and count, so basically I joined an online match and got kicked straight away (for no reason) so I just decided to start the career mode and I could die as many times as I wanted without losing lives, infact the lives counter wasn't even showing :) I even got it to work a second time to because I wanted to see if it was only a one time thing

Hmm interesting... And still you haven't earned 'The Golden Run'.. how come? Didn't it unlock, or didn't you finish a run? ?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Hmm interesting... And still you haven't earned 'The Golden Run'.. how come? Didn't it unlock, or didn't you finish a run? 1f914.png

in the mountain levels (the last area) I got stuck on this one level and just couldn't beat it, so I ended my run but hopefully when I go again I won't have to play that one

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 2:23 AM, LukeTheGooner said:

...infact the lives counter wasn't even showing :)

14 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

I haven't been able to replicate this again

Perhaps the online game has to be a casual session in order to replicate this? Either that or you just started a casual game hence the lives being hidden... seemds odd it's never been mentioned on any platform due to how easy it is to replicate.

Edited by OzaXD
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, A1rPun said:

This glitch has multiple variants to it, the ones I saw today are:

1. You have infinite lives for the whole run, I suggest doing the first three bonus levels in this state because it tends to softlock in Peaks (research needed)
  2. Completing one level completes a whole run from Highlands to Peaks (video soon2122.png). This is crazy because you'll only have to no-death 1 level for :silver: The Golden Run

will have another look at trying this again at some point soon, the number 2 part sounds crazy

1 hour ago, A1rPun said:

A few ways you know how you got the glitch:

1. You have to manually select the first node in every world
  2. The life counter is absent when you are in a level, on the map it's visible
  3. "Waiting for players..." is constantly on your screen
  4. More minor stuff that isn't worth mentioning

yep, all these things happened when I go it working

1 hour ago, A1rPun said:

Did you fell through the ground? I got softlocked in Peaks using this glitch by falling through the ground. I couldn't get out  of the softlock using :circle:, Touchpad or :l3: + :r3: +:l2: + :r2:.

When I made it to the peaks I just got stuck on this downhill level with no checkpoints and my guy was just going way to fast to control so I quit out

• Like 4

Just the infinite lives won't make the platinum easier tho, because bailing still voids the hardest trophy. I tested it for some few hours already but never managed to get an early ending upon finishing just one level. That's what needs to be uncovered to actually make the plat a joke.

Edited by LucasDiasC
  • Like 2

This is a cool find, it’s always nice to see a positive glitch instead of the usual kind that kicks my ass. Nice timing too ngl as I was planning to play this one in the very near future. I’ve noodled around with this game on my alt for a bit and it seems super fun. Looking at the trophy list though, I was a bit worried about What A Legend, True Descender, and Golden Run due to the rogue like nature of the game. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

...bailing still voids the hardest trophy.

Ah my mistake. I had already earned the trophy and doing some minor testing on a dummy account I earned the "reach the forest" trophy which you're unable to unlock playing casual, hence I assumed it would unlock the golden run. At least this method can be used for completing the volcano boss jump and all the bonus stages without worrying, and maybe @A1rPun could use this party method in order to do some more consistent experimenting with the instant campaign finish.

Another way to easily get the disconnect message is to just pull the internet cable for a second or so, and quickly trying to join a lobby, the first one you try to join will almost always get a timeout.

Also, I never got softlocked on Peaks or anywhere at all, managed to finish the game every time with no problems, you guys might've gotten unlucky I guess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OzaXD said:

I hopped on to experiment with the instant completion and found out the working solution pretty quickly!

Simply do my method I showed in the video by creating a game and joining the descenders PSN party in order to get booted and put into the glitched state however when creating the multiplayer session be sure to select a "BIKE PARK" I used the BikeOut. I believe this tricks the game into expecting a single level completion == the end of the run much like tricking it into a casual session.

ok now this is epic, just got the no death trophy first try lmao

I was purposefully joining career mode sessions because it looked like the only way to get the timeout instead of being queued before joining, but since you're now creating the session it's not a problem. Really well thought, thanks!

Edited by LucasDiasC
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

I was purposefully joining career mode sessions...

Yeah I was thinking what would trigger a 1 stage completion. I originally tried peak bossjump "single seed" which softlocked the game when the run finished before moving onto a bikepark which ended up netting the trophy even on a dummy account that hadnt even completed forest!

Can someone let me know if the party method works on PS4? :) 

Insane work on finding that originally @A1rPun <3. rip descenders i guess lmao.

Edited by OzaXD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OzaXD said:

Can someone let me know if the party method works on PS4? :) 

Awesome work for finding a guaranteed method! I can confirm the glitch works on PS4 but only a different flavor, replace step 2-5 with "get invited by another player and accept the invitation" but maybe there is a better way.

The following trophies will unlock using the "Instant Golden Run" glitch:

:silver: Made It - Finish peaks boss jump.

:silver: The Golden Run - Full session without bails.

:gold: True Descender - Start to finish run.

On Career+:

:gold: What a legend - Finish Career+ in one session.

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

…but maybe there is a better way.

I assume any bike park multiplayer session will work doing the timeout method you were using originally for PS4 players, but it’s great you found a replacement method if there’s no bike park sessions active.

I also believe this could be used in career+ for “What a Legend” trophy, substituting a single highlands map for a dessert map, although someone would need to test and confirm this pops on an account with it unlocked. :) 

Edited by OzaXD

On 5/18/2023 at 4:18 PM, OzaXD said:

I assume any bike park multiplayer session will work doing the timeout method you were using originally for PS4 players, but it’s great you find a replacement method if there’s no bike park sessions.

I also believe this could be used in career+ for “What a Legend” trophy, substituting a single highlands map for a dessert map, although someone would need to test and confirm this pops on an account with it unlocked. :) 

You might misunderstand me or I wasn't clear ?. My timeout method is unreliable and your method is better to set up.

So what you can to do on PS4 (and PS5):

1. Create a new "Bike Park" multiplayer session and select "BIKEOUT"
  2. Let someone invite you to another multiplayer session (doesn't matter which mode) and accept the invitation
  3. The game won't let you join the session, instead you'll get an empty server screen
  4. Hit circle to go back and create a career session
  5. Once the game loads in you can tell if it's worked if you see the "Waiting for Others" text in the middle of the screen. From here finish the first stage and you will instantly gain 10k rep + golden run trophy.

The glitch also unlocks in Career+ I already confirmed this with a friend, I'll add it to the list of trophies.

EDIT: Oh and you can also use the full run glitch for dailies :o so this might be patched in the future.

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

…My timeout method is unreliable and your method is better to set up.

Ahh wasn’t sure how difficult it was as I had never tried :) I just assumed it was fairly consistent. At least PS4 players have some different ways of setting this up though!

32 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

EDIT: Oh and you can also use the full run glitch for dailies :o so this might be patched in the future.

Wait that’s actually so helpful, great find.

• Like 1