Positive Glitch

LukeTheGooner

1 hour ago, C_Trophs said:

Interesting, I’ve had the same experience as you’ve described. I’m just unsure if I’m better off with keeping on with trying the glitch or getting good and doing it legit. Because the game has soft locked me after Ridges multiple times with the glitch, and I’ve never been given credit for the challenge. And yes, I’ve had the challenge active the whole time.

As others said, it turns out it was quite easy to do True Descenders without any glitch. I’ve done it 2 times in 3 attempts and I died at the peak jump when I failed.

For the ridges challenge, the glitch worked fine for me on both stacks. I wasn’t aware you didn’t have to jump the boss rings. I’ve jumped them myself and as others described you’ll get stuck in an “undefined” map after finishing ridge (dont have to do the boss jump there) but the challenge will still unlock. To save you some time, you can do 4/5 challenges for the tour right before this one keeping the one for beating glacier as your 5th and then unlock both this challenge and ridges in the same run.

It is odd its not working for you… It might have glitched… :( 

5 minutes ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

As others said, it turns out it was quite easy to do True Descenders without any glitch. I’ve done it 2 times in 3 attempts and I died at the peak jump when I failed.

For the ridges challenge, the glitch worked fine for me on both stacks. I wasn’t aware you didn’t have to jump the boss rings. I’ve jumped them myself and as others described you’ll get stuck in an “undefined” map after finishing ridge (dont have to do the boss jump there) but the challenge will still unlock. To save you some time, you can do 4/5 challenges for the tour right before this one keeping the one for beating glacier as your 5th and then unlock both this challenge and ridges in the same run.

It is odd its not working for you… It might have glitched… :( 

Just to clarify, you got the challenge done without doing the fire boss jumps? And it didn’t soft lock you?

So i read most of the comments in this thread and if I may wanted to ask what is the platinum difficulty as someone who isn't that much into racing/ bikes games and stuff? Is thhe infinite life glitch makes the platinum easier and more doable?

what trophies can be earned with the glitch and what rely on pure skill and cannot be cheesed?

Edited by MohameDina9192
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, MohameDina9192 said:

So i read most of the comments in this thread and if I may wanted to ask what is the platinum difficulty as someone who isn't that much into racing/ bikes games and stuff? Is thhe infinite life glitch makes the platinum easier and more doable?

what trophies can be earned with the glitch and what rely on pure skill and cannot be cheesed?

36 minutes ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

I did the fire rings to unlock ridge but didnt’t do the boss ring at all for ridge. The game will get stuck on an “undefined” map loading screen after finishing ridge but the challenge will still grt marked as complete

Well I got the “Ridge Over Troubled Water” done. I used the glitch, didn’t do any fire boss jumps, finished Ridges, and it gave me the challenge on the locked loading screen. I have no idea if this method solved my problem, or if I was just unlucky before lol. Every time I did the fire boss jumps, it never worked. Interesting, I guess.

14 hours ago, MohameDina9192 said:

I am also not really into into biking games, but I actually really enjoyed this game due to it be quite different from other biking games in the genre. While I didn't use the glitch personally to complete the game, the infinite life glitch essentially makes the most difficult trophies in the game incredibly easy, since having infinite lives means you have infinite number of tries to do the difficult jumps such as the fire ring jumps to get to volcano world.

Plus the hardest trophy in the game "The Golden Run" can be completed after beating only a single level in the highlands. Making the hardest trophy in the game, become one of the easiest if you use the instant run glitch. However you will still need to have the skill and practice doing the difficult fire boss jumps to reach volcano level, even if you have infinite lives you can still fail to do them if you don't know how to properly jump them and practice them.

If you do decide to play the game, I would highly recommend not to use the glitch, since in my opinion from a person who hardly ever plays biking games it was not as difficult as I thought it would be. The reason being is that you can easily farm loads of lives at a beginning of a run and throughout so that you can have 20+ lives when going for the run to volcano. While "The Golden run" trophy is the most difficult if not using the glitch, (since the number of lives doesn't make a difference), you can take it as slow and safe as you want to, since the only mandatory jumps are the last 2 boss jumps, every other jump or difficult part throughout the run can be entirely skipped to be safe. I was able to get most trophies on my first attempt, with the exception being "The Golden Run" trophy which I got on my third attempt (due to a damn rock in the forest on the 1st attempt, and falling off the edge in peaks on the 2nd attempt). I found it more enjoyable to do it without using the glitch, but it's up to you if you decide to use it or not. Have fun descending and crashing... a lot. 

Edited by KON007
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KON007 said:

I am also not really into into biking games, but I actually really enjoyed this game due to it be quite different from other biking games in the genre. While I didn't use the glitch personally to complete the game, the infinite life glitch essentially makes the most difficult trophies in the game incredibly easy, since having infinite lives means you have infinite number of tries to do the difficult jumps fire ring jumps to get to volcano world.

Plus the hardest trophy in the game "The Golden Run" can be completed after beating only a single level in the highlands. Making the the trophy from the hardest trophy in the game, to the easiest if you use the instant run glitch. However you will still need to have the skill and practice doing the difficult fire boss jumps to reach volcano level, even if you have infinite lives you can still fail to do them if you don't know how to properly jump them and practice them.

If you do decide to play the game, I would highly recommend not to use the glitch, since in my opinion from a person who hardly ever plays biking games it was not as difficult as I thought it would be. The reason being is that you can easily farm loads of lives at a beginning of a run and throughout so that you can have 20+ lives when going for the run to volcano. While "The Golden run" trophy is the most difficult if not using the glitch, (since the number of lives doesn't make a difference), you can take it as slow and safe as you want to, since the only mandatory jumps are the last 2 boss jumps, every other jump or difficult part throughout the run can be entirely skipped to be safe. I was able to get most trophies on my first attempt, with the exception being "The Golden Run" trophy which I got on my third attempt (due to a damn rock in the forest on the 1st attempt, and falling off the edge in peaks on the 2nd attempt). I found it more enjoyable to do it without using the glitch, but it's up to you if you decide to use it or not. Have fun descending and crashing... a lot. 

Thank you so much for your reply, I will for sure take another look at this game and think about whether to use the glitch or not
and if I may send u again if I have other questions mate.
Thanks again

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MohameDina9192 said:

Thank you so much for your reply, I will for sure take another look at this game and think about whether to use the glitch or not
and if I may send u again if I have other questions mate.
Thanks again

No problem, I should also mention that the game has a steep learning curve. The game doesn't really teach you about the more advanced mechanics and techniques of the game, which become essential when going for the more difficult trophies even if you decide to use the glitch. Such as Pumping, Counter Pumping, Moon Jumps and Long/Far Jumps. So I would recommend looking at tutorials and explanations on YouTube, and practicing them before going for the harder trophies if you decide to play the game. 

This video mainly the section "How to Jump" gives a good tutorial on how jumping off a ramp works, and explains how to do some of the advanced mechanics.

Edited by KON007
  • Like 1

So I just wanted to come here and say thank you, guys, for all this effort! It's incredible how fast you broke the game lol

I had done everything legit except the bonus worlds, but when I got to Kid's room at Volcano I missed the last doll and died. I was raging haha so yeah, imagine my surprise when I saw that you guys found an infinite life glitch! I was able to redeem myself and get that last freaking doll and the Go the extra mile trophy.

Anyway, like I said, thanks!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, timpurnat said:

it works, it's actually the only patch this works on as you need to use online features to do it

Yeah, I should have known that. Thanks for confirming anyway.

On 18/05/2023 at 6:48 PM, JakeCoopz said:

You need to beat the level in each world with the fire picture on the map. That will unlock a fire ring to jump through at each boss jump. If you jump through all four fire rings, you go to the volcano world instead of the credits. It probably explains it better in the trophy guide. @LukeTheGooner

It's not in the trophy guide, but this has to be done in the same run.

I used the shortcut to start in the Forest and continued from there and still went to the credits.

I had done the Highlands fire boss jump in a previous run...

I'll have to do another full run.

Edited by CyborgFoxPT

• 2 weeks later...

i think it's important to mention that for the Ridge Over Troubled Water challenge for the RageSquid Pro Tour trophy, you can indeed just start at the glaciers shortcut + ignore all the fire node races, and you'll still get the challenge completed upon finishing the ridges region (you can skip the boss jump by cycling around the ramp).

Essentially, use the unlimited lives glitch in career +, start at glaciers shortcut, finish glaciers, then you'll be taken straight to ridges even without doing any fire nodes races, then finish ridges, challenge will complete upon finishing the ridges boss jump. 

Do note that after you finish the ridges boss, you game will be in a glitched state and you'll be sent back to ridges, however the challenge should be completed before this occurs. 

Edited by InfamousDooMZ
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the help here guys. Has made it pretty trivial overall. 

Is there a way to successfully exploit a full career run with no lives lost? I tried the "Career" multiplayer lobby but it gives you health and also soft locks on the crew member screen (not allowing you to advance). 

• Like 1

On 07/07/2023 at 3:48 PM, Flynnerigan said:

Is there a way to successfully exploit a full career run with no lives lost? I tried the "Career" multiplayer lobby but it gives you health and also soft locks on the crew member screen (not allowing you to advance). 

To get full career with no lives lost, start a BIKE PARK multiplayer game. Then when you activate the glitch and start a career run, completing the first track counts as a full career run (because bike parks are just one track). This is how you get the full run with no lives lost.

The infinite lives glitch requires you to start a CASUAL multiplayer game, because casual mode has infinite lives. When you use the glitch and start career, you have those infinite lives. This is how you get all the other career trophies.

Career multiplayer lobby doesn't do anything useful.

Edited by Guppeth
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Guppeth said:

To get full career with no lives lost, start a BIKE PARK multiplayer game. Then when you activate the glitch and start a career run, completing the first track counts as a full career run (because bike parks are just one track). This is how you get the full run with no lives lost.

The infinite lives glitch requires you to start a CASUAL multiplayer game, because casual mode has infinite lives. When you use the glitch and start career, you have those infinite lives. This is how you get all the other career trophies.

Career multiplayer lobby doesn't do anything useful.

Much appreciated. I ended up figuring it out although it took a bit of messing around to get it right. 

All I have left now are the dailies and final DLC trophy. 

On 7/6/2023 at 2:35 PM, A1rPun said:

Just for the record I want to document all possible ways to trigger this glitch. Once the game loads in you can tell if it's worked if you see the "Waiting for Others" text in the middle of the screen. Taken from @OzaXD and my notes:

For PS5, solo method

1. Create a new "Bike Park" multiplayer session and select "BIKEOUT" or "Casual Session"
  2. Once the first map loads open up the Playstation Dashboard with :ps:
  3. On the dashboard you will see a party created by Descenders, hit square on this party to join your own session
  4. Once you've joined the party tab back into the game and press circle to close the menus. This will remove you from the current session
  5. When you load back into the hub you will now be in a glitched state. Wait for the multiplayer menu to reappear
  6. Hit circle to go back and create a career session
  7. From here finish the first stage and you will instantly gain 10k rep + golden run trophy or have infinite lives for the rest of the run

For PS4 and PS5, 2 player method

1. Create a new "Bike Park" multiplayer session and select "BIKEOUT" or "Casual Session"
  2. Let someone invite you to another multiplayer session (doesn't matter which mode) and accept the invitation
  3. The game shouldn't let you join the session, instead you'll get an empty server screen
  4. Hit circle to go back and create a career session
  5. From here finish the first stage and you will instantly gain 10k rep + golden run trophy or have infinite lives for the rest of the run

For PS4 and PS5, solo method (not recommended)

1. Try to join a multiplayer lobby that has "BIKEOUT" or "Casual Session" selected
  2. You want to get a specific "Connection Timed-out" error to continue to step 3
    1. A better way to force a connection timed-out error is to enter a random session and back out, this will make it so the list of multiplayer lobbies won't refresh automatically
    2. Wait for a bit and try to select a "BIKEOUT" or "Casual Session" which is hopefully abandoned around the time you join
  3. Hit circle to go back and create a career session
  4. From here finish the first stage and you will instantly gain 10k rep + golden run trophy or have infinite lives for the rest of the run

On Steam you can use this method.

I never get the Connection Timed Out message, only "this game has finished".

Edited by Stevieboy

6 hours ago, vdmarel_NL said:

I never get the Connection Timed Out message, only "this game has finished".

That's why that method is not really recommended. If you accidentally join a game or end up in queue, just try again. Join lobbies without waiting if you only get that one message.

I tested these methods on PS5, PS4 and Steam and only on Steam there isn't a "Connection Timed-out" message.

You can try creating a gaming session and use the guaranteed PS4 method to save some frustrations.

Edited by A1rPun

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 3:35 PM, A1rPun said:

Just for the record I want to document all possible ways to trigger this glitch. Once the game loads in you can tell if it's worked if you see the "Waiting for Others" text in the middle of the screen. Taken from @OzaXD and my notes:

For PS5, solo method

3. On the dashboard you will see a party created by Descenders, hit square on this party to join your own session
  4. Once you've joined the party tab back into the game and press circle to close the menus. This will remove you from the current session
  5. When you load back into the hub you will now be in a glitched state. Wait for the multiplayer menu to reappear
  7. From here finish the first stage and you will instantly gain 10k rep + golden run trophy or have infinite lives for the rest of the run

2. Let someone invite you to another multiplayer session (doesn't matter which mode) and accept the invitation
  3. The game shouldn't let you join the session, instead you'll get an empty server screen
  5. From here finish the first stage and you will instantly gain 10k rep + golden run trophy or have infinite lives for the rest of the run

1. Try to join a multiplayer lobby that has "BIKEOUT" or "Casual Session" selected
  2. You want to get a specific "Connection Timed-out" error to continue to step 3
    1. A better way to force a connection timed-out error is to enter a random session and back out, this will make it so the list of multiplayer lobbies won't refresh automatically
    2. Wait for a bit and try to select a "BIKEOUT" or "Casual Session" which is hopefully abandoned around the time you join
  4. From here finish the first stage and you will instantly gain 10k rep + golden run trophy or have infinite lives for the rest of the run

I just cannot open the PlayStation Dashboard. If I press the PS button it opens the menu or the home.

Have I to do something different?

(I'm on PS5).

On 7/6/2023 at 9:35 AM, A1rPun said:

For PS5, solo method

Does this still work? Not seeing the party tike pop up for me....it there like a video I can watch to see where I'm going wrong?