Positive Glitch

LukeTheGooner

8 hours ago, A1rPun said:

Awesome work for finding a guaranteed method! I can confirm the glitch works on PS4 but only a different flavor, replace step 2-5 with "get invited by another player and accept the invitation" but maybe there is a better way.

The following trophies will unlock using the "Instant Golden Run" glitch:

:silver: Made It - Finish peaks boss jump.

:silver: The Golden Run - Full session without bails.

:gold: True Descender - Start to finish run.

On Career+:

:gold: What a legend - Finish Career+ in one session.

Wowww so you can basically just cheese all the actual challenging stuff with this exploit, and then just sit back and relax and enjoy the game while you clean up the rest of the trophy list? Holy moly. RIP plat rarity. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

completing all the bonus worlds looks pretty tough, that's one trophy you can't cheese

Using unlimited lives makes it a joke. There's only 1-2 hard tricks / jumps on the bonus stages that eat a lot of lives but you'll be able to get them eventually with unlimited lives even with much less experience.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OzaXD said:

Using unlimited lives makes it a joke. There's only 1-2 hard tricks / jumps on the bonus stages that eat a lot of lives but you'll be able to get them eventually with unlimited lives even with much less experience.

it's the construction site level I'm not looking forward to, that's the only bonus level I've actually ever come across so far

• Like 2

On 18/05/2023 at 7:08 AM, OzaXD said:

I hopped on to experiment with the instant golden run completion and found out the working solution pretty quickly with also nets 10k rep instantly!

Simply do my method I showed in the video by creating a game and joining the descenders PSN party in order to get booted and put into the glitched state however when creating the multiplayer session be sure to select a "BIKE PARK" I used the BikeOut. I believe this tricks the game into expecting a single level completion == the end of the run much like tricking it into a casual session.

Step by Step Guide for single stage Golden Run:
1) Create a new "Bike Park" multiplayer session and select "BIKEOUT"
2) Once the first map loads open up the PLAYSTAITON DASHBOARD.
3) On the dashboard you will see a party created by Descenders, hit square on this party to "join it" (you see me do this @ 0:22).
4) Once you've joined the party tab back into the game and press circle to close the menus. This will remove you from the current session.
5) When you load back into the hub you will now be in a glitched state. Wait for the multiplayer menu to reappear.
6) Once the menu reappears hit circle to go back and create a career session. 
7) Once the game loads in you can tell if it's worked if you see the "Waiting for Others" text in the middle of the screen. From here finish the first stage and you will instantly gain 10k rep + golden run trophy. 

Video:

which button i had to press to open ''Playstation dashboard''?

6 hours ago, KingFortunatoo said:

Cheers man!! Let me ask you, theres a way to use the glitch to complete the whole game? Because I always got ''kicked'' to main menu after the first level

For what I understood you got kicked after 1 race because you selected the bike park which is a 1 race session. That is how you unlock the trophies in 1 race.

if you want to play the whole game, I believe you have to choose “career” when you create the multiplayer game.

• Like 1

anyone found a way to trick the game into thinking the construction site bonus world in freeroam is in career mode? I say this because I've beat this bonus level in freeroam using my own checkpoint markers but it doesn't count as it has to be finished in career mode where you can't use the checkpoint markers

I could probably do it but I can't even get close to making it up the first jump

46 minutes ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

Is there a way to use this exploit for the True Descenders challenge as part of the RageSquid Pro Tour DLC trophy? This is the last hurdle between me and the 100%.

I don't think there is, since entering the multiplayer section will disable the glitch, so that's the one challenge you'll need to do legit if going for the 100%. I've finished this challenge in the 2nd stack today and it wasn't that bad actually, getting to the final jump is not that hard if you take it slow and avoid every obstacle possible, you can sometimes ride on very steep walls to completely avoid some risky jumps in the final area.

Edited by LucasDiasC
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

I don't think there is, since entering the multiplayer section will disable the glitch, so that's the one challenge you'll need to do legit if going for the 100%. I've finished this challenge in the 2nd stack today and it wasn't that bad actually, getting to the final jump is not that hard if you take it slow and avoid every obstacle possible, you can sometimes ride on very steep walls to completely avoid some risky jumps in the final area.

where even are these rage squid tour trophies?

On 23/5/2023 at 5:37 AM, Thropy_Croissant said:

Is there a way to use this exploit for the True Descenders challenge as part of the RageSquid Pro Tour DLC trophy? This is the last hurdle between me and the 100%.

No. I tried a few different way with the exploit and I ended running through the game from Highlands to Peaks like 3 times. At that point, I decided to do the challenge True Descenders myself.

On 23/5/2023 at 6:23 AM, LucasDiasC said:

I read your post and that gave me all the confidence.  I started co-op lobby (no one joined, just me was enough for challenge) and did the full run first try. Stockpiled health, as I was only worried about Peaks jump. Canyon was easy enough. And both highlands and forest boss jumps I skipped. Thank you ! :D

tldr- the "True Descenders" challenge on the RageSquid Pro Tour only requires you start a co-op lobby in career mode and finish the run. I got the challenge done yesterday without anyone ever joining the co-op session.

• Like 3

On 5/22/2023 at 5:07 PM, Thropy_Croissant said:

The True Descenders challenge was easy. You don’t even need another person, just play it safe and complete the run in a multiplayer lobby. Maybe practice the Peaks boss jump beforehand. But I have a similar question to yours regarding the Rage Squid Pro Tour trophy. The challenge “Ridge Over Troubled Water”, which requires jumping through all 4 fire node boss jump rings and finishing a run in Ridges. I tried using the infinite lives glitch, completed all the fire ring boss jumps, and completed Ridges, but the challenge was not given to me. We’re you able to use the glitch to finish that challenge? Because as someone who did a legit Golden Run, that challenge seems extremely daunting to do without the glitch.

On 29/05/2023 at 6:20 PM, C_Trophs said:

The True Descenders challenge was easy. You don’t even need another person, just play it safe and complete the run in a multiplayer lobby. Maybe practice the Peaks boss jump beforehand. But I have a similar question to yours regarding the Rage Squid Pro Tour trophy. The challenge “Ridge Over Troubled Water”, which requires jumping through all 4 fire node boss jump rings and finishing a run in Ridges. I tried using the infinite lives glitch, completed all the fire ring boss jumps, and completed Ridges, but the challenge was not given to me. We’re you able to use the glitch to finish that challenge? Because as someone who did a legit Golden Run, that challenge seems extremely daunting to do without the glitch.

Yes it should work, but iirc it's not a retroactive challenge, you'll need to do it again if it wasn't an active mission when you first did it.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but the glitch actually makes getting to the Ridges region much easier, because you can just ignore the requirements.

The thing is when you have infinite lives (only in NG+), for some reason the game doesn't know when to end the run, you will be sent to Ridges even if you ignore every fire ring on the way, it just puts you there because it cannot end the run. Even after beating the Ridges region, you'll be sent to the same map, but the game will be stuck in the next load screen, because apparently it's trying to load an "undefined" region, as it says at the top of the screen. Luckly, your challenge progress should still update and save before the softlock.

Edited by LucasDiasC
specified that it only works on NG+

30 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

Yes it should work, but iirc it's not a retroactive challenge, you'll need to do it again if it wasn't an active mission when you first did it.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but the glitch actually makes getting to the Ridges region much easier, because you can just ignore the requirements.

The thing is when you have infinite lives, for some reason the game doesn't know when to end the run, you will be sent to Ridges even if you ignore every fire ring on the way, it just puts you there because it cannot end the run. Even after beating the Ridges region, you'll be sent to the same map, but the game will be stuck in the next load screen, because apparently it's trying to load an "undefined" region, as it says at the top of the screen. Luckly, your challenge progress should still update and save before the softlock.

Interesting, I’ve had the same experience as you’ve described. I’m just unsure if I’m better off with keeping on with trying the glitch or getting good and doing it legit. Because the game has soft locked me after Ridges multiple times with the glitch, and I’ve never been given credit for the challenge. And yes, I’ve had the challenge active the whole time.