How Much Time Do You Spend Reading News, Previews & Reviews For A Game Before Buying It?

Goro

How Much Time Do You Spend Reading News, Previews & Reviews About A Game Before Buying It?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Time Do You Spend Reading News, Previews & Reviews About A Game Before Buying It?

• Hours, I thoroughly research the game before i purchase it.
    • Around half an hour, I make sure I'll like it in advance.
    • A few minutes, it's just a game, it's not a big decision.
    • Less than a minute, just review scores or a short video.
    • None at all, I'll buy a game if the box looks interesting.

Probably around an hour at most.  I'm quite clear on what kind of games I'll enjoy so I usually just look at some screenshots and get a feel for how people are rating a game (if it's released already).  If I'm interested in the game in the first place, most of the time I'll end up buying it though :P

Being a gamer since before the birth of PCs or consoles (home micros, 1985) I have really come to think that the most important aspect of a game is gameplay. So, I tend to read a couple of online reviews concerning the game I think of buying, with special weight given to gameplay references. I also visit the game's official webpage for particular details concerning novelty, story and game modes. If I like what I read, I watch a HD gameplay video of the game on YouTube to decide if I also like what I see. The whole process usually takes me about 1 hour.

It completely depends on the game. Some games I'm sold after just a preview or screenshot, others after a gameplay video, and some I only pick up once it's been recommended to me by multiple people and I've spent a while reading multiple reviews and watching gameplay videos and/or playing a demo.

its mostly like an hour or two looking at different reviews trying to get a feel for it and look if there are discounts, if its too high and I have a probability that I wont like it then I wont buy it unless its at a discounted price

Edited by razizo41

• 2 weeks later...

I spend a good amount of time to make sure I really like it but not too much so I don't spoil the story and parts of the game. I see some reviews and sometimes I see the trophies for that game, 'cause it's a good way of seeing what you can do in the game.

fran_the_crusher.png

It does depend to be honest. I could spend hours researching a game like Watch_Dogs as want to know all the features etc... but then I will only spend like 30 mins checking if the new FIFA game going to be another purchase from me or not.

• 1 month later...