FREE upgrade to PS5 for PS Plus Essential Users

I know this is more appropriate for the PS5 forum, but I wanted as many PS4 users to be able to see this post.
If you claimed Man of Medan in July 2022 on PS Plus Essential, the PS5 version is now also free to download. Previously, only the PS4 version was offered for the Essential tier last year.
If at any point in time you have also been a PS Plus Extra / Premium subscriber, then this trick may not work.
I imagine this will work for some and not for others, but worth checking. Let me know your results!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Djeheuty said:

Never been extra member and doesn’t work for me.

Same here.

I've never had a PS+ tier above "Essential"; not getting the option for a free upgrade. I also couldn't find Man of Medan in the store, so had to resort to PlatPrices.com to provide a link to the game's page on the PS store.

Are you sure you did not claim this via PS+ Extra? This is part of the catalogue and it shows as that for me. The upgrade was supposed to be free for PS+ Essential members months ago but it never happened. [1]

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkPicturesAnthology/comments/xq8tpq/28092022_updates_for_man_of_medan_little_hope/iqovcdf/

57 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Are you sure you did not claim this via PS+ Extra? This is part of the catalogue and it shows as that for me. The upgrade was supposed to be free for PS+ Essential members months ago but it never happened. [1]

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkPicturesAnthology/comments/xq8tpq/28092022_updates_for_man_of_medan_little_hope/iqovcdf/

Very sure. I despise the Extra / Premium models as it's just PS Now rebooted in disguise, so would never subscribe to anything other than Essential. The reason why I suggested upgraded PS Plus members may not be eligible is because it's currently a free game in the Extra tier.

• 4 months later...

I've tried downloading this game today but can't even grab the ps4-version. Only trials are available. 

I checked my previous buys from last year in July and it says I added the demo of man of medan. Fucking great..

Might be the same mistake others did who cant download the game.