Did this need to be the same price as big budget game?

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight was a game I enjoyed on my PS4... however it has a lot of problems that make me wonder why it's priced at a full $80.

In fact I made an entire video about it.

Tell me what you think of my arguments? Do they hold up? Let me know in this thread.

49 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It was a better deal with the bundle that had P3/4/5 all in one package for 99.99

I still think that price is kinda steep but it is the better deal.

21 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Well Atlus is pretty out of touch when it comes to pricing and other consumer related stuff, about these games they are often on sale for a fraction of the original price.

It's not just Atlus. I'm finding a lot of publishers are pricing their titles at a ridiculous markup just because everyone else is doing it.

1 hour ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Well Atlus is pretty out of touch when it comes to pricing and other consumer related stuff, about these games they are often on sale for a fraction of the original price.

The "Atlus tax" as their fanbase has dubbed it over a decade ago.

1 hour ago, SonicMTD said:

I still think that price is kinda steep but it is the better deal.

It's not just Atlus. I'm finding a lot of publishers are pricing their titles at a ridiculous markup just because everyone else is doing it.

It would have been better if they included a story mode like persona 4 dancing has

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

The "Atlus tax" as their fanbase has dubbed it over a decade ago.

I love their games but they are kinda scummy with business practices, I mean Persona 5 Royal the supposedly complete version of the game has paid DLCs, SMT Nocturne costs the same as a brand new game and its simply a port of a PS2 game (the added features doesn't make it worth all the cash imho), content locked behind paywall at launch with Soul Hacker's 2...I mean c'mon.

Surprised P3 and P4 ports didn't cost 50$ buck each lol

• Like 1

all this just to get some views for some stupid youtube video. there's some real big alpha male energy in this thread. the base games are $30, by the way, but sure, we love misinformation.

@DesmaBR: then why tf are you even here?

Edited by seiyuuki

On 5/27/2023 at 2:15 AM, seiyuuki said:

The base games are $30, by the way, but sure, we love misinformation.

Currently these games are $40CAD each, however both dancing games launched at $60USD ($80CAD) back in 2018. I mention the launch price and actually cite it in the video.

My main focus of this video (Cause I'm assuming you didn't watch it) is that we're paying too much for these games. Players aren't given enough content to justify a release that costs the same as Persona 5. Not to mention (as I say in the video) that the plot for both games is so hastily written that it feels like a cash grab.

Edited by SonicMTD
Adding more for clarity

16 minutes ago, SonicMTD said:

Currently these games are $40CAD each, however both dancing games launched at $70USD ($80CAD) back in 2018. I mention the launch price and actually cite it in the video.

My main focus of this video (Cause I'm assuming you didn't watch it) is that we're paying too much for these games. Players aren't given enough content to justify a release that costs the same as Persona 5. Not to mention (as I say in the video) that the plot for both games is so hastily written that it feels like a cash grab.

This is incorrect. They launched at $59.99 USD

https://personacentral.com/persona-3-dancing-in-moonlight-and-persona-5-dancing-in-starlight-announced-for-december-4-2018-in-west/

15 minutes ago, SonicMTD said:

Players aren't given enough content to justify a release that costs the same as Persona 5. Not to mention (as I say in the video) that the plot for both games is so hastily written that it feels like a cash grab.

Rhythm games are supposed to be made for their replayability but with so few songs and how easy the games are I can't imagine many people playing these for long. Though, there certainly are people who have gotten at least 50 hours from each game I'm betting. Also, I'm sure no one is primarily playing a rhythm game for it's plot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Ah I got the exchange rate for American Money wrong. I have edited the statement.

Here is the pricing in Canadian Dollars for the endless night collection in CAD:

https://psprices.com/region-ca/game/2566301/persona-dancing-endless-night-collection

Here is the pricing of P3D in CAD:

https://psprices.com/region-ca/game/2566299/persona-3-dancing-in-moonlight

Here is the pricing of P5D in CAD:

https://psprices.com/region-ca/game/2566300/persona-5-dancing-in-starlight