How do you even play multiplayer in this game?

I’m debating whether or not I should grind to level 55 in multiplayer. The problem is everybody I fight is pretty much max prestige or very good at this game lmao.

Obviously it doesn’t play the exact same as MW2, but how the hell do I even get good at the multiplayer in this game? Just keep dying against sweats and tryhards? :/

• Like 1

Just keep playing and you will get it. It will take a few hours, but even if you have a terrible game, it is progress toward 55. Also try to mainly play a team mode instead of free for all for the chance your team helps get a win. I also think you get bonus xp for finishing a match all the way and you definitely get more for winning a match. (Can't win them all though so just try to have fun.)

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, sibsama said:

There is a simple glitch to farm for xp. Basically, you're tricking the game into thinking that a custom game is a multiplayer game. You do this by entering the custom games menu at the exact same frame you're entering a multiplayer lobby.

You can set the score bonus to 5x in the custom game so every kill you get of the AFK 2nd controller is worth 500 xp. I did this 3 days ago and got to level 55 within 1 hour (playing on PS5) so it 100% works. 

It can be done solo (I did) but it's much easier if you have a friend just sitting in an empty multiplayer lobby so you can attempt to perform the glitch over and over again until you get the timing down. Good luck!

Interesting, reminds me of the days of custom mutation glitch.

• 3 months later...

Black Ops 3 was the game i purchased my PS4 for, so i wanted to try to get the platinum with some friends, but we just can't play the multiplayer at all...

My friend stays in the loading screen for so long he gets kicked for inactivity and i don't find lobbies at all, and when i did find one, i got stuck in the loading screen too...

This just happens in Multiplayer... is there a way to get the multiplayer trophies in custom game somehow?

9 hours ago, HaserPL said:

You don't get any rewards/XP from custom games so trophy-wise it won't help much. But yeah, I wanted to play online for fun and I wasn't able to play a single match for like 3 days straight.

I've been trying this entire year now, i don't know if no one is playing BO3 Multiplayer anymore or if the matchmaking is broken, Zombies public matches i find with no problems at all. which is surprising

The BO3 Multiplayer is still alive for US servers at least. When I joined a boosting session for the game, it seems to be a problem with other countries not playing the game. People from the UK and India were not getting any sessions, but It could also be the internet connection as well. I had a buddy who had a moderate/strict Nat type who had to refresh their router. It ended up working for them and picked up a lobby (the buddy was from the UK). Now, I only know two ways of doing the multiplayer level 55 at this point. You either play with someone from the US and bare with the internet connection being complete trash or boosting with a glitch that still works since 2+ years ago. I linked it, just in case. The XP glitch is pretty hard to do and you have to manipulate custom to multiplayer lobby. Some guy in the boosting chat told me about it and I ended up helping him with it. Sadly enough, I was too high enough level and didn't bother trying because I was Lvl 52 by the time I heard about it. So, if you want to do that. It's a lot quicker than playing 5 days straight and getting lucky with the first result.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 12:11 PM, sibsama said:

There is a simple glitch to farm for xp. Basically, you're tricking the game into thinking that a custom game is a multiplayer game. You do this by entering the custom games menu at the exact same frame you're entering a multiplayer lobby.

You can set the score bonus to 5x in the custom game so every kill you get of the AFK 2nd controller is worth 500 xp. I did this 3 days ago and got to level 55 within 1 hour (playing on PS5) so it 100% works. 

It can be done solo (I did) but it's much easier if you have a friend just sitting in an empty multiplayer lobby so you can attempt to perform the glitch over and over again until you get the timing down. Good luck!

I tried finding a game for a week straigt without finding a single lobby. Thank you for this, me and some friends were able to set it up and I already got one of the two mutiplayer trophies I was missing :^)

• 2 weeks later...

This multiplayer is complete trash. Full of bumper jumping losers, no sound and shit spawns. The only way I get kills is by shooting people in the back, while I simultaneously, get shot in the back. That's all this game is, getting shot in the back.  Fuck this game and it's weak ass Crypto Key/Loot Box bullshit.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/28/2023 at 11:11 AM, sibsama said:

I can't get this to work, has anyone ever done it?