How safe is it to go for the platinum right now?

MW 2 is offline only trophies, so should have no problem there.

Cold War and Vanguard have about 4/5 multiplayer trophies each (as all zombies trophies could be done offline or in a solo match). Servers for both game are still active, so it will just be how populated the matches are. I had no problem with Vanguard last year, and servers have not shut yet as far as I know. I logged into Cold War recently (as I also have the platinum to get) and found matches no bother.

1 minute ago, Pbpth said:

Cold War and Vanguard have about 4/5 multiplayer trophies each (as all zombies trophies could be done offline or in a solo match). Servers for both game are still active, so it will just be how populated the matches are. I had no problem with Vanguard last year, and servers have not shut yet as far as I know. I logged into Cold War recently (as I also have the platinum to get) and found matches no bother.

Thanks, but I mean less on the side of trophies being unobtainible, and more of the servers being hacked to hell and back. Where people are booked off lobbies, IP adress theft etc... It affect PC and consoles and it's rather recent event. So... can anyone confirm if it's safe to go for them now?

34 minutes ago, bogaards1997 said:

Thanks, but I mean less on the side of trophies being unobtainible, and more of the servers being hacked to hell and back. Where people are booked off lobbies, IP adress theft etc... It affect PC and consoles and it's rather recent event. So... can anyone confirm if it's safe to go for them now?

This has been an issue for years but only now it seems trendy to talk about it, perhaps related to all the cease and desist letters being sent and to push the narrative against those. You have to understand it's the common cod cycle now, players are in the trashing their own game phase now so in a month or two they can go into the hype phase about that new cod that will solve all the franchise problems and the cycle repeats on an endless loop.

You're very unlikely to run into that issue yourself, I would be more worried about finding people in Cold War fireteam mode as I keep hearing the mode is dead on certain time zones, much like BF2042 hazard. Other than that they all should be a breeze, good luck.

Within the past week or two there have been hackers pulling IPs and booting people offline in Cold War it’s a big risk. As for the others, few people had problems but since Cold War Vanguard is connected you might not be safe I know MWII is fine but I’d definitely stay off of Cold War currently or you can take the risk if you want it’s up to you. There are videos from MrDalekJD & NerosCinema and more on YT. 

Edited by CodGodFlame
Addeed links

58 minutes ago, CodGodFlame said:

Within the past week or two there have been hackers pulling IPs and booting people offline in Cold War it’s a big risk. As for the others, few people had problems but since Cold War Vanguard is connected you might not be safe I know MWII is fine but I’d definitely stay off of Cold War currently or you can take the risk if you want it’s up to you. There are videos from MrDalekJD & NerosCinema and more on YT. 

They're the reason I made this thread, but I just wanted to know if just going for the few trophies I may get hacked/ get my console bricked.

2 hours ago, Pbpth said:

That's definetly not true. MW2 (2022) has a few online trophies which are based on coop mode to be more specific.MW1 (2019) has no online trophies at all.  As for Vanguard - i've recently (i mean one week ago) platinumed this game and did that without any trouble. However, like any other CoD game, it has it's own issues like lagging servers etc.Although you can pick this game safely if u want to, but i have to mention that this game sucks in multiplayer. This is why it's not as populated like MW series.

52 minutes ago, Crusad3rp said:

That's definetly not true. MW2 (2022) has a few online trophies which are based on coop mode to be more specific.MW1 (2019) has no online trophies at all.  As for Vanguard - i've recently (i mean one week ago) platinumed this game and did that without any trouble. However, like any other CoD game, it has it's own issues like lagging servers etc.Although you can pick this game safely if u want to, but i have to mention that this game sucks in multiplayer. This is why it's not as populated like MW series.

And CW. I only play those games for the plat and never come back.

2 hours ago, Aodir said:

This has been an issue for years but only now it seems trendy to talk about it, perhaps related to all the cease and desist letters being sent and to push the narrative against those. You have to understand it's the common cod cycle now, players are in the trashing their own game phase now so in a month or two they can go into the hype phase about that new cod that will solve all the franchise problems and the cycle repeats on an endless loop.

You're very unlikely to run into that issue yourself, I would be more worried about finding people in Cold War fireteam mode as I keep hearing the mode is dead on certain time zones, much like BF2042 hazard. Other than that they all should be a breeze, good luck.

How does this have anything to do with the COD cycle? It's a reasonable concern to have, even if it's probably a little overblown.

From what I remember, the COD cycle refers to people hyping the new entry up then shitting on it during its lifecycle, only to come back around years later with video essays like "Call of Duty: X was underrated". This isn't that.

45 minutes ago, shipper321 said:

How does this have anything to do with the COD cycle? It's a reasonable concern to have, even if it's probably a little overblown.

From what I remember, the COD cycle refers to people hyping the new entry up then shitting on it during its lifecycle, only to come back around years later with video essays like "Call of Duty: X was underrated". This isn't that.

> People leave COD in droves for older cods (cycle)

> Creators pick up on COD mods that let you play cod on PC safely making them way more popular (cycle)
> C&D letters get sent out left and right to the most popular mods (they gotta be desperate)

> Suddenly the issue that's been around for a while gets trendy to talk about among creators & influencers, likely in protest to those C&Ds

In other words, had COD remained popular Activision would not care to take action against those mods and the vocal cod community that's making this issue "a little overblown" as you say would keep ignoring it completely cause they'd be on said mods. Go back a couple weeks before the C&Ds and I bet you didn't hear a word about it even though the issue was as much as thing as it is now. Could even argue "cod cycle" made it worse by making it popular.. but hey whatever gives them view$.. it's all related. 

10 hours ago, bogaards1997 said:

They're the reason I made this thread, but I just wanted to know if just going for the few trophies I may get hacked/ get my console bricked.

I mean it all depends if someone decides to hack you. there's a possibility no matter how small so its up to you if you wanna take the chance.

3 minutes ago, CodGodFlame said:

I mean it all depends if someone decides to hack you. there's a possibility no matter how small so its up to you if you wanna take the chance.

Not much more than anyone on their computer/internet device at any time. I've put in well over 1K hours into zombies, and I've only seen 1 modder, and all he did was drop a shit ton of high level guns for us. I'm sure you can turn off cross play and avoid the PC people anyway. 

On 6/4/2023 at 5:04 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

Not much more than anyone on their computer/internet device at any time. I've put in well over 1K hours into zombies, and I've only seen 1 modder, and all he did was drop a shit ton of high level guns for us. I'm sure you can turn off cross play and avoid the PC people anyway. 

I do too I've put like 4.5k hours into Cold War and sure things weren't bad then but within the past few weeks it's gotten really bad for some, especially in MP there are people getting kicked off for just crapping on people in pubs and there's a way higher chance then your average joe on his computer.

Edited by CodGodFlame

On 6/4/2023 at 1:44 PM, bogaards1997 said:

Well I hope I won't encounter any problems when I get to the game.

I just thought of this but if you are definitely playing at least turn off crossplay so you don't match with PC. it should decrease the risk some most hackers are on PC.

On 6-6-2023 at 1:01 AM, CodGodFlame said:

I just thought of this but if you are definitely playing at least turn off crossplay so you don't match with PC. it should decrease the risk some most hackers are on PC.

Will do. There's no one on PC that I know who's gonna boost with me.