Elite Racer

samy002

3 hours ago, loudar22 said:

I contacted ea help with the following message: In order to 100% complete all trophies on F1 23 you are required to reach gold and elite division in F1 ranked. I am contacting to ask about the chance of the trophy requirements being changed, the reason for this is it is pretty much impossible to reach elite Division, this is due to needing to play the game non stop all week for roughly 4 weeks to gain enough points to move up. Playing all week just isn’t possible due to other parts of players lives. Not only is it a long process to reach elite but you also have to be lucky as other players constantly crash into people which results in them retiring from races and losing points. For an idea of how difficult the process is only 35 people have earned the trophy since the games release around 4 months ago. This also means only 35 people have been able to earn the platinum trophy. This is why I am asking for consideration to change the trophies to something much more obtainable so players aren’t locked out of 100%. I hope this issue isn’t looked over and ignored and hopefully action will take place. Thank you for hearing me out on my concern and I hope to hear back from you soon!

I got a response along the lines of ‘The in-game features are designed by the developers and can not be changed’ however they said they would forward my concern to the relevant channel and team however I highly doubt anything will come of it so I’m guessing it will never be changed. 

Bahaha lmfao. Hey give me a free trophy and make it easy for me 😂

Edited by Tominator8490

14 hours ago, Joepelus said:

No need to change the trophy, they could tie the rank to singleplayer objectives in F1 World or make more people promote to a higher division etc etc

i agree it should promote more people per week.. the elite promotion numbers are a joke, every group should have at the top 20% of the lobby promoted..

even then it still would be a challenge. plus if you DNF due to someone taking you out your shouldn't lose all your points

Sorry I'm new to this so still have many questions (so sorry if any sound stupid)

1) I started yesterday (friday) and got a group of 59/100. There are only slots for Silver 1 it seems, so even if I was #1 in this group, there's no chance of getting to Silver 2 this week?

2) Do you get a new group every week or do you keep the same one the whole season?

3) Following on from that, and from all the talks of starting later in the week (thursday/friday), is it better to only open up the game every thursday/friday, or is that only relevant for getting your first initial group in bronze?

Edited by willmill97

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

Sorry I'm new to this so still have many questions (so sorry if any sound stupid)

1) I started yesterday (friday) and got a group of 59/100. There are only slots for Silver 1 it seems, so even if I was #1 in this group, there's no chance of getting to Silver 2 this week?

2) Do you get a new group every week or do you keep the same one the whole season?

3) Following on from that, and from all the talks of starting later in the week (thursday/friday), is it better to only open up the game every thursday/friday, or is that only relevant for getting your first initial group in bronze?

I think you must hit a above average treshhold to reach silver 2, so lets say if the first guy in the group has 150-200 points, you'll probably need to hit above 300 to hit silver 2. I was very lucky when i started off on a sunday and got put into a group with 1 guy.

You get a new group every week.

Personally, yes if you really want to reach elite division you should start up the game on a saturday personally for me. I started on Monday this week and I really regret it i got put into a group of 60+ people and the above average i need to hit is atleast 400 points to go towards gold 1, so yes start off on weekends i'd personally start off on saturday ideally and grind out as much points as you can. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joepelus said:

6 points for a P5 finish (19 players) this trophy sucks so hard lol

I can confirm that with the new update, track limits are far more severe and getting a lot of penalties makes you earn so few points even if you finish in a good position.

Edited by SrFrost-PS

6 hours ago, SrFrost-PS said:

I can confirm that with the new update, track limits are far more severe and getting a lot of penalties makes you earn so few points even if you finish in a good position.

I'm hitting track limits often, but you have to to finish high.

If you don't people who are cutting will be faster since there is no penalty for track limits

10 hours ago, SrFrost-PS said:

Hopefully this means all the shithouses in higher rankings are going to get less points now 

20 hours ago, SrFrost-PS said:

So you mean track limits reduce the amount of ranked points you get?

Any source on that?

I did notice my engineer complaining alot

2 hours ago, Joepelus said:

Any source on that?

Yes, they already reduced the amount of points before last update but the main diference is that before, maybe you got 1-3 penalties each race if you played well but now it’s so far more severe that you can get more than 10 penalties each race. If that wasn’t enough, I’ve also noticed that doing the same amount of penalties as before the update had a huge impact on points too! The same race with similar positions and lets say 3 penalties, last week was ~ 50 pts now I barely get ~10 pts so having clean race is a lot more important now. If they are going this route, they should add time penalty each 5 penalties because I got 10 on France (I don’t know the circuit) and no time penalty for me 🤷🏻

Edited by SrFrost-PS

2 hours ago, Joepelus said:

Any source on that?

Yes it does reduce the amount of points, this is just speculation but i heard someone say each track limit warning -12 points 

14 hours ago, Joepelus said:

Any source on that?

I did 2 races with 19 player lobbies, in the first race I finished 13th with only a couple of clean laps to secure 10 points

the next race I finished lower in 14th but had 12 clean laps in a row and got 24 points 

so clean laps and races are essential to score more points 

On 9/2/2023 at 1:29 PM, willmill97 said:

From bronze you can only go to Silver I AFAIK.

Then, Silver I to either Silver II or Gold I

Then Silver II to Gold I or II

(OR Gold I to Gold II or Gold III)

Only Gold II and Gold III to Elite

On 9/3/2023 at 12:20 AM, SrFrost-PS said:

Good. Strict track limits are a NEEDED change and can finally benefit cleaner racers.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that players who rack up a lot of penalties just decide before rage quitting they might as well just take someone out for fun. Always be careful trying to pass people with penalties.

12 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

From bronze you can only go to Silver I AFAIK.

Then, Silver I to either Silver II or Gold I

Then Silver II to Gold I or II

(OR Gold I to Gold II or Gold III)

Only Gold II and Gold III to Elite

My plan is getting to S1 this monday, then G1 on the 11th, then G3 on the 18th, then Elite all done by the reset on the 25th. Just before the season finish on the 2nd Oct, as it seems like the last day is glitchy. I'm cutting it a bit short but I think I might just manage it

Edited by willmill97

35 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

My plan is getting to S1 this monday, then G1 on the 11th, then G3 on the 18th, then Elite all done by the reset on the 25th. Just before the season finish on the 2nd Oct, as it seems like the last day is glitchy. I'm cutting it a bit short but I think I might just manage it

make sure that your rank up to Elite is not when the season reset also happens. The trophy is bugged and myself and many others got fucked over last time. Supposedly they are working on a fix....

Edit: If you are not already Silver I as of today you are not getting to Elite before season reset I think

Edited by CosmoWolf_

1 hour ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

make sure that your rank up to Elite is not when the season reset also happens. The trophy is bugged and myself and many others got fucked over last time. Supposedly they are working on a fix....

Edit: If you are not already Silver I as of today you are not getting to Elite before season reset I think

Yeah I will be Silver 1 today, aiming for elite on the 25th with the season reset the week after.

Is it 100% safe to check I ranked up now, while waiting until saturday to be put into a group?

Edited by willmill97

42 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Yeah I will be Silver 1 today, aiming for elite on the 25th with the season reset the week after.

Is it 100% safe to check I ranked up now, while waiting until saturday to be put into a group?

I'm in silver 2, but i was in a group with 60 People and I joined on a monday, which i regret so much I got about 250 points and it wasnt enough for gold 1 the average treshhold for G1 was above 300 Points.. & You can check your rank if you click on Ranked 

Edited by N1ELS96-

57 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Yes at the start of each week you can view the multiplayer screens without being placed into a group. You can check your mail anyway to confirm it.

I've been reading this post in order to decide to buy or skip this...
Main problem is the same faced on F1 2017 and F1 2019: Ranked system works with no justice. The game criteria to "rank" you is whatever based on your final positions and sometimes even if you're not the culprit for a crash, you're ruled out.
Good luck to everyone. 

• Like 1