Dragons dogma has me lost, I need pointers.

vaultinvader

Hey everyone, I'm new lol I just signed up to ask for some help, 

I've just started playing dragons dogma and I've managed to get up to the point where you beat the troll/cyclops thing and I've gotten the pawn, now I'm lost, this is my first RPG adventure whatever game you wanna call it and I'm have no F'n clue. Any pointers or tips you can give me will be much appreciated. 

For starters where the hell do I go? >.< the map is blank and the mini map is -_- and I don't have any quests to choose from; this is the third time I've tried to get into this game and so far I've had no luck, it's pretty obvious I'm absolutely awful, I've never been so lost in a game before haha. 

Try talking to one of the trainers with the green "?" over their head so you can get some XP. One of them should have talked to you after you got back from killing the cyclops. Or you can head back to the starting town like Rook suggests. I'm not sure what happens if you do since I haven't done that yet. Assuming it's the same way as the demo, try sleeping in that one tent for the night and then an event happens.

I haven't gotten too far in it myself, but that's all I know so far. Hope it helps somewhat.

• Like 1

If you just killed the cyclops and made your main pawn, look for a woman in armor with a green ? above her head. Her name is Mercedes and she'll start your next main quest.

Always look for anyone with a green ? above their heads. Some will be side quests and some will be main quests. Also listen to your pawns, sometimes they'll remind you what you're supposed to be doing next.

There are a few side quests available that will be locked out, if you speak to Mercedes and begin the 'A Rude Awakening' quest. Go back to Cassardis and speak with Benita, just to the east of Pablos' Inn. Father Clemente in the church to the south on top of the hill, and Madeleine in Pablos' Inn. Leave her to last as she involves travelling to the Encampment.

Bear in mind you need to finish them before 'A Rude Awakening' or they will be cancelled. Check out the Notice Board in Pablos' Inn whilst you're there, and the other Notice Board in north-east corner of the Encampment. Notice Board quests can't be cancelled like NPC quests, they can be completed anytime. 

EDIT:

Forgot Elvar's short quest. He should be sitting in the church during the day.

Edited by ScreechingOwl

You can always go into the Main Menu and the Quests sub-menu and pick a particular quest as "active".  Doing so will put quest markers on your map (if applicable) and will also prompt your pawns to chatter about the quest if they have knowledge about it.  Characters with colored question marks above their heads are related to quests.  Green are for new quests that you haven't accepted.  Yellow are for quests you have accepted but aren't currently the "active" quest, and red are for "active" quests.  You can also pick up quests/bounties from message boards -- you'll find one in the Encampment and one back in Cassardis (the town where you started) and you'll find more as you progress.

At your current spot in the story, you can either continue the plot by talking to people at the Encampment or you can head back to Cassardis and pick up some quests there.  You can also wander around the map a little bit if you feel like exploring, but you'll be blocked from some areas for the time being for plot-progression reasons and you may find certain other spots to be very challenging at your level.

• 1 month later...

Looks like we need to summon Dragon-Archon. He's the master at this game.

Dragon-Archon, by the name of thy, I summon you!

Hahahaha, loved this!! :)

Sorry for the bump after 2 months but I just saw this and it's priceless. I'm going to play this game again and start my second playthrough trough. Great weekend guys.

• Like 2