State of servers in 2023

I am having a very terrible experience with it. When trying to do the ranked wins, multiple times, the "match found" would appear and then nothing happened for next 10 minutes. Even private mode doesn't work like it should. I could try to start a match and then it errors out and tells me that it couldn't find one (IN A PRIVATE MATCH). And lots of disconnections as a bonus.

Anyone's experience was similar to this?

4 hours ago, auroranaut said:

I am considering going after these trophies.  Are the servers semi-reliable enough to get the needed matches done with some patience or is it a fool's errand?

If you have the patience of several saints, then yes they can be done in a few days. Personally, I would skip this game outright, because the single player is boring enough as it is but the MP will have you reaching for several mugs of coffee to keep you awake.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2023 at 2:32 PM, auroranaut said:

I am considering going after these trophies.  Are the servers semi-reliable enough to get the needed matches done with some patience or is it a fool's errand?

To try and get these trophies without a boosting group would be like trying to pull your own teeth out with just your fingers. If the game interests you just set up a session and you should be able to get most trophies in a few hours. You will need 4 for ranked matches as the servers are all but dead. Most of the other trophies you can boost with 2 players. Level 60 is a grind but you can boost that solo. 

Edited by Bobhidharma
  • Like 4

That was the most pointless multiplayer in history. Literally why an online competitive mode in a... Tomb Raider????

I appreciate all the responses!  You've all given very solid advice.  I've found a group of people to boost with and the servers so far have been fairly steady.  All in all, not terrible yet though I've yet to complete the xp grind.  I will report back when I'm done with the online regarding the full experience as it is in 2023.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2023 at 10:22 PM, auroranaut said:

4 Player Trophies: Adventurer,  I'm all that!

These trophies are not difficult, and you can complete all 4 matches in about 15 mins.  Your only difficulty will be finding a group.

I haven't started the game yet. Are there modes you can only start with 4 players to require it? I've been told 3 were enough and the guide doesn't really confirm or disprove this. Also wondering if that can be earned in private or not?

4 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

I haven't started the game yet. Are there modes you can only start with 4 players to require it? I've been told 3 were enough and the guide doesn't really confirm or disprove this. Also wondering if that can be earned in private or not?

You need to play ranked for 2 trophies and all ranked modes require 4 players to start. The rest can be done in private with less people, I think 1 requires 3, the rest only 2 or they are even possible solo

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

On 10/07/2023 at 5:22 PM, auroranaut said:

I cannot imagine how long the solo strategy would take.

I made the mistake of boosting XP solo. 

It took forever and was absolutely mind-numbing, even while listening to podcasts while playing.

I'm really glad the sequels dropped this uninspired MP. Endurance coop in Rise was a much better experience.

• Like 1

Just now, GabrielMS13 said:

I made the mistake of boosting XP solo. 

It took forever and was absolutely mind-numbing, even while listening to podcasts while playing.

I'm really glad the sequels dropped this uninspired MP. Endurance coop in Rise was a much better experience.

Oof.  I can't imagine.  I'm tackling Rise next.  Glad to hear the coop is better in that one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, auroranaut said:

Glad to hear the coop is better in that one.

I used text chat to communicate with my boosting partner and it worked fine. I bet voice chat would be even better.

And just a heads up, the trophy "Adventure besties" seems to be bugged. Only the host unlocks it instead of both players at the end of the match.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 6:03 PM, kevao97 said:

That was the most pointless multiplayer in history. Literally why an online competitive mode in a... Tomb Raider????

Perhaps a brave soul put it in there to warn people off from playing the even worse single-player campaign.

• 6 months later...

I recently decided to get the platinum. I was on psnprofiles and found a groups boosting all the multiplayer trophies. It took us about 3 hours to boost 7 people. All I have left level 60 and the buy all characters. Both can be done solo so I'm not worried.