Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 winner: Banana_Sausage47!

Yeah battle trophies are the worse part but you can do them on any playthrough and any difficulty. Battle trophies also carry over BUT stats towards battle trophies don't carry over so of you have like 7,000 kills then start a new playthrough your stat would reset to 0 kills so it is best to do any stat related battle trophies before moving on. Honestly though it is just best to do the battle trophies on Earth difficulty especially the god awful "Defeat the Ethereal Queen in 10 minutes with Lymle battle trophy" dood

I take it the Ethereal Queen is overpowered or spams cheap attacks?

I take it the Ethereal Queen is overpowered or spams cheap attacks?

She does spam her strongest attack when her health is low and it has a huge AoE. Defeating her in general isn't that difficult though but that particular battle trophy I mentioned is a pain for a number of reasons dood:

1. You have to get the killshot with Lymle. Problem is Lymle is a spellcaster whose most powerful attacks are elemental but Ethereal Queen is resistant to all of them so you can't defeat her with Lymle alone. The strategy is getting the others characters to bring her health low then letting Lymle get the final attacks in all within 10 mins.
  2. Strategy above sounds simple but the problem is in Star Ocean games you don't see bosses health bars even with the ability scan so knowing when to get your other characters to stop attacking and switch in Lymle is really tricky. There are ways to kind of tell what percentage her health is at but it is still tough to exactly know when to make the switch. If you switch too early Lymle won't be able to kill her within the time limit, if you switch too late one of your other characters will kill her instead of Lymle
  3. Her 2 wing form (her 1st form) is the best to do it on but if you fail to do it you would have to reload your save and go through the lengthy Wandering Dungeon again to get back to her. You can continue on in the dungeon, if you fail to defeat her 2 wing, and fight her again since she is on every even number floor afterwards. Thing is she will be stronger and more powerful than her 1st form which makes it even more difficult.
The battle trophy is such a pain but this is really the only difficult task in the game though. I actually jumped out of my seat and did a dance when I finally did it dood.

Well, I think the last day boosted my score by a good amount, 6x  :silver:  & 1x  :gold:. I might have another platinum next fixture, depends on my luck on Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f, since I only need   :gold: Module Collector (Buy all Modules) &  :bronze: Art Collection (Complete the Art Gallery by seeing all loading screens).

I know what my result will be, yet I don't feel overly good about it, there's something about beating someone who doesn't even try that doesn't sit right with me.

Edited by Lady Blanc

She does spam her strongest attack when her health is low and it has a huge AoE. Defeating her in general isn't that difficult though but that particular battle trophy I mentioned is a pain for a number of reasons dood:

1. You have to get the killshot with Lymle. Problem is Lymle is a spellcaster whose most powerful attacks are elemental but Ethereal Queen is resistant to all of them so you can't defeat her with Lymle alone. The strategy is getting the others characters to bring her health low then letting Lymle get the final attacks in all within 10 mins.
  2. Strategy above sounds simple but the problem is in Star Ocean games you don't see bosses health bars even with the ability scan so knowing when to get your other characters to stop attacking and switch in Lymle is really tricky. There are ways to kind of tell what percentage her health is at but it is still tough to exactly know when to make the switch. If you switch too early Lymle won't be able to kill her within the time limit, if you switch too late one of your other characters will kill her instead of Lymle
  3. Her 2 wing form (her 1st form) is the best to do it on but if you fail to do it you would have to reload your save and go through the lengthy Wandering Dungeon again to get back to her. You can continue on in the dungeon, if you fail to defeat her 2 wing, and fight her again since she is on every even number floor afterwards. Thing is she will be stronger and more powerful than her 1st form which makes it even more difficult.
The battle trophy is such a pain but this is really the only difficult task in the game though. I actually jumped out of my seat and did a dance when I finally did it dood.

Completely forgot about this post, sorry dood. Thnx for the info, that certainly sounds like a luck-based thing *remembers Ni No Kuni and shudders*.

Congrats :yay:, what's next?

Thanks mate! Probably wrapping up Watch Dogs, it's about time xD can't talk about 60th yet, I have something in mind but I still don't know how things will go down :D

Edited by Omar

Nice. I'm guessing The Witcher 3 willl be plat #60.

Hahahaha I wish xD if I can make it happen I will, but I highly doubt it. My focus now is exterminating unfinished stuff. My ideal 60th would be Catherine, but I don't know if I'll have the skill for Babel stages 2-4 >_< 

I have other candidates but I'll probably aim at 'Cheers to you' :D

Hahahaha I wish xD if I can make it happen I will, but I highly doubt it. My focus now is exterminating unfinished stuff. My ideal 60th would be Catherine, but I don't know if I'll have the skill for Babel stages 2-4 >_< 

That would make an awesome milestone. I also have Catherine in my backlog ever since it was free on PS+, but still haven't started it :facepalm:. Too bad it has no online co-op, that would make it so much easier.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Babel isn't as hard as most people seem to think. I'm sure you'll be able to do it. :)

• Like 1

That would make an awesome milestone. I also have Catherine in my backlog ever since it was free on PS+, but still haven't started it :facepalm:. Too bad it has no online co-op, that would make it so much easier.

Well you should definitely start it, hilarious plot, amazingly unique gameplay and an overall fun experience. Too bad Babel is a mix of patterns generated randomly, it takes good knowledge on how to proceed by just looking at how the blocks are placed, I'm absolutely not there yet xD

Babel isn't as hard as most people seem to think. I'm sure you'll be able to do it. :)

I could use some pointers then Zajac, because I tried soloing it and it didn't work. Then I tried co-oping it and it worked for Altar, but I couldn't even beat Menhir  :(

Maybe all I need is looking at patterns thoroughly and try to find a solution for each, maybe endless trial and error will get me there :D

I just started cleaning up my Catherine trophies too Omar. I'm finishing off the Rapunzel and hard modes ATM. I might make it 75. But if not I always have Ratchet Deadlocked since 1, 25 and 50 are all Ratchet games for some reason :/

• Like 2

I just started cleaning up my Catherine trophies too Omar. I'm finishing off the Rapunzel and hard modes ATM. I might make it 75. But if not I always have Ratchet Deadlocked since 1, 25 and 50 are all Ratchet games for some reason :/

Best of luck with Catherine mate, I hope you make it, it fits a 75 milestone, but if you have Ratchet titles as 1, 25 and 50 I'd turn this coincidence into tradition xD

I could use some pointers then Zajac, because I tried soloing it and it didn't work. Then I tried co-oping it and it worked for Altar, but I couldn't even beat Menhir  :(

Maybe all I need is looking at patterns thoroughly and try to find a solution for each, maybe endless trial and error will get me there :D

Firstly, play pairs, even if it's you and two controllers it's easier than doing it solo. Shorter levels and easier patterns. Other than that I would say stick with something that works for you and try to apply that whenever you can. I always made a really solid base of blocks to work from for that little 'section' of level, sometimes spending extra time to pull blocks I didn't strictly need to in order to get a better base. This allowed me to pull more blocks out in a basic pattern and also get me a bit of room to fix things if I made an error. Also if you get a nice axis run that always helps. :P

Also I kinda suck at giving advice for stuff, especially if I did it a long time ago, so this may be no help at all, sorry. :P

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 3

Lol, we'll see how many actually follow through with the plat :P You guys are absolutely insane. 

Guess what? (This is the point where you guess :ninja:). There are 8 people who've joined to play SO4.

Firstly, play pairs, even if it's you and two controllers it's easier than doing it solo. Shorter levels and easier patterns. Other than that I would say stick with something that works for you and try to apply that whenever you can. I always made a really solid base of blocks to work from for that little 'section' of level, sometimes spending extra time to pull blocks I didn't strictly need to in order to get a better base. This allowed me to pull more blocks out in a basic pattern and also get me a bit of room to fix things if I made an error. Also if you get a nice axis run that always helps. :P

Also I kinda suck at giving advice for stuff, especially if I did it a long time ago, so this may be no help at all, sorry. :P

That's some solid advice *taking notes*.

• Like 2

It makes sense, I'll try to keep it in mind when I get back to it, thanks a bunch mate xD

• Like 1

One other thing I picked up somewhere is if you hit the ps button you can actually still see the blocks from the XMB, unlike when you actually pause the game.

Very nice. I'm all out of likes for today, so you'll get one tomorrow. For now here's an IOU (the same goes for you zajac).