Trophy Thoughts?

TheNobleOnez

I'm thinking about getting this game next time it's on sale. I've only recently gotten into the Resident Evil games and the platinum for this one looked easy enough, but I want to know from other people's experience how enjoyable it is. I know this game will be pretty different from the remakes I've been playing.

• Like 1

You could pick every Resident Evil really every xD. Enjoyable = 0%. Do yourself a favour and just forget that this game existing :D . On my old first account i tried the platinum but just play through the story is boring suffer and there are ( I dont know if you only are a platinum player or want 100% ) the Online dlcs who are not better. Of course its your choice but I personally definitely cant recommend this and I think 90% of the Resident Evil Community as well. Its just 99% Action and everything what stands NOT for Resident Evil is in this game.

• Like 1

If you are just going for the platinum. The game is much more fun to play through on coop. Having someone to laugh at the absurdity with made it much more enjoyable.

Obviously most people didn't like it. But if you can go into it fully aware that it is not your typical resident evil and expecting mediocre quality for cheap, it's fine.

• Like 3

I always say your taste in Resident Evil games depends on where you start. If you started with the fixed-camera angles you probably won't like the third and first person games. Likewise if you started with the third or first person games you may not like the fixed-camera games. Now it looks like you haven't played the fixed-camera games (or maybe you have in the past) but if you liked RE4, 2, 3 and Revelations 2, I would first recommend you try 5. I would argue that the Plat for 5 is easier and less time consuming than 6, plus it has the added benefit of easing you into 6. If you don't like 5 you won't like 6. Usually you can find OG 4, 5, and 6 on sale individual at the same time or in a bundle. The Plat for 5 and 6 are easier than the Remakes (in my opinion) so you shouldn't have any trouble on your Plat journey. 

Now onto your question. No doubt the plat will be more enjoyable with a friend. If you do it yourself you may find it drags on a little too long. It's about a 4/10 with slight grinding to get all the skills. It isn't hard or anything but you may need a guide for some of the trophies. It's also similar to other titles as the Plat can be easier the more time you put into it. You can start on Professional or you can do a playthrough on Easy to get skills that can break the game. I didn't know any exploit but if that's the route you wanna go it would considerably lessen the difficulty and time I'm sure. I enjoyed the game for what it was. An action coop shooter, if you enjoyed Revelations 2 it plays very similar to that.

• Like 3

It's bad.

It's really, really bad.

In a series that is generally somewhere between perfectly okay and great, RE6 stands unparalleled as the absolute nadir.

Boring, over-long, nonsensical, irrelevant and completely lacking in any of the usual series thrills. It is a turgid failure of a kind rarely seen in quality franchises, and of a kind that most franchises don't recover from.

Pretty much the only good thing that can be said about it, is that it was so bad, that it's near-universal panning (by critics and customers alike) meant the dev had complete freedom to reinvent the series with RE7, resulting in one of the best (in my opinion, the best) entry in it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheNobleOnez said:

I want to know from other people's experience how enjoyable it is.

This game is pure suffering, especially if you going into it after the remakes. I've recently replayed RE5, which is infinitely better than 6 and the game feels really dated already. I can't even imagine playing RE6 right now. I've dropped the game in 2012 and managed to platinum in 2014, but would not recommend anyone playing it ever. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

I always say your taste in Resident Evil games depends on where you start. If you started with the fixed-camera angles you probably won't like the third and first person games. Likewise if you started with the third or first person games you may not like the fixed-camera games. Now it looks like you haven't played the fixed-camera games (or maybe you have in the past) but if you liked RE4, 2, 3 and Revelations 2, I would first recommend you try 5. I would argue that the Plat for 5 is easier and less time consuming than 6, plus it has the added benefit of easing you into 6. If you don't like 5 you won't like 6. Usually you can find OG 4, 5, and 6 on sale individual at the same time or in a bundle. The Plat for 5 and 6 are easier than the Remakes (in my opinion) so you shouldn't have any trouble on your Plat journey. 

Now onto your question. No doubt the plat will be more enjoyable with a friend. If you do it yourself you may find it drags on a little too long. It's about a 4/10 with slight grinding to get all the skills. It isn't hard or anything but you may need a guide for some of the trophies. It's also similar to other titles as the Plat can be easier the more time you put into it. You can start on Professional or you can do a playthrough on Easy to get skills that can break the game. I didn't know any exploit but if that's the route you wanna go it would considerably lessen the difficulty and time I'm sure. I enjoyed the game for what it was. An action coop shooter, if you enjoyed Revelations 2 it plays very similar to that.

This is it, was going to comment but it's exactly all you need. Depends on your experience and how you approach RE games. Co-op is always a better experience, you get things like this.

Also they have a RE6 Picture so they've been prepared for this question all of their life?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheNobleOnez said:

I'm thinking about getting this game next time it's on sale. I've only recently gotten into the Resident Evil games and the platinum for this one looked easy enough, but I want to know from other people's experience how enjoyable it is. I know this game will be pretty different from the remakes I've been playing.

I'll endure the suffering with you.   I need to play that game too.  I can play it so I won't suffer alone lol

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

Also they have a RE6 Picture so they've been prepared for this question all of their life1f605.png

Lol. I do love Resident Evil. There’s a reason my PSN and PSNP profile pictures are of Leon. I will say I don’t have a problem with people calling RE6 the black sheep of the franchise and finding it a far cry from Resident Evil cause it is. But I will stand by the fact I had fun with it alongside RE:ORC. Except for Umbrella Corp, that games ass. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 3

It's not a great Resident Evil but it is a great coop shooter, if you can find someone to do the entire platinum with you (yes literally the ENTIRE platinum can be done in coop, online or offline) then definitely go for it.

Mercenaries is also great fun, and you can grind money in this mode.

Ignore the haters, this is a good game. And it runs at 60fps on even base PS4 which is great.

9 hours ago, TheNobleOnez said:

I'm not planning on doing the DLC, would just go for the platinum. I read about the Professional exploit which seems like it would make the journey less of a slog.

That's good because the DLC though, absolutely fucking awful. grindiest shit and all sorts of crap like needing more than 3 player etc. If you cared about 100% then I would definitely NOT recommend this game lol

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

It's not a great Resident Evil but it is a great coop shooter

respectfully....

...if this is a "great co-op shooter".... what is a bad co-op shooter?  ?

I'm asking because - while I freely admit to it not being a genre with which I am terribly experienced - I literally cannot think of a single co-op shooter I've played or seen, that is worse than RE6....

• Like 1

The thing is the game does an horrendous job of explaining its mechanics...Better said it does not explain anything at all. I basically learned the game from youtube and testing things in Mercenaries before progressing in the campaign.

I recommend you to do the same, once you learn moves it is actually a pretty good and enjoyable game.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

respectfully....

...if this is a "great co-op shooter".... what is a bad co-op shooter?  ?

I'm asking because - while I freely admit to it not being a genre with which I am terribly experienced - I literally cannot think of a single co-op shooter I've played or seen, that is worse than RE6....

Dead Space 3 comes to mind. It’s literally in the same boat as Resident Evil. Has great history in the horror genre that gets bastardized and turns into a third person coop shooter. Only Dead Space 3 makes the story kinda wonky if you don’t play in Coop as some scenes kinda dictate Carver be in the scene. It didn’t really re-invent the mechanics from previous games and turned necromoprh to generic zombies and military soldiers for enemies. (Not saying it’s a bad game)

if you’re talking about pure gameplay however. RE6 could have had great combat but it was bogged down by an unnecessary stamina bar and not enough opportunities in the story to highlight the general combat. The game should’ve felt fast paced but the limiting factors slower it down to a crawl. But that’s where mercenaries comes in, the open maps and the 150/300 enemies come at you really make the game pop. And if you played it at release it was kinda cool having a coop game going on and getting matched up with 2 other players when story sections crossed paths with another characters story. It may not be a great shooter but it’s definitely not the worst, I think we can agree on that?

if you want me to just answer your question directly (my opinion of course)

Jumanji The Game

Anthem

Alien Colonial Marines 

Army of Two: The Devils Cartel

Metal Gear Survive

Terminator Salvation

R.I.P.D. The Game

Saints Row Gat Out of Hell

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Dead Space 3 comes to mind. It’s literally in the same boat as Resident Evil. Has great history in the horror genre that gears bastardized and turns into a third person coop shooter. Only Dead Space 3 makes the story kinda wonky if you don’t play in Coop as some seems kinda dictate Carver be in the scene. It didn’t really re-invent the mechanics from previous games and turned from necromoprh enemies to generic zombies and military soldiers for enemies. (Not saying it’s a bad game)

if you’re talking about pure gameplay however that’s a different story. RE6 could have had great combat but it was bogged down by an unnecessary stamina bar and not enough opportunities in the story to highlight the general combat. The game should’ve felt fast paced but the limiting factors slower it down to a crawl. But that’s where mercenaries comes in, the open maps and the 150/300 enemies come at you really make the game pop. And if you played it at release it was kinda cool having a coop game going on and getting matched up with 2 other players when story sections crossed paths with another characters story. It’s may not be a great shooter but it’s definitely not one of the worst, I think we can agree on that?

if you want me to just answer your question directly (my opinion of course)

Jumanji The Game

Anthem

Alien Colonial Marines 

Army of Two: The Devils Cartel

Metal Gear Survive

Terminator Salvation

R.I.P.D. The Game

Saints Row Gat Out of Hell

You're right - Army of Two 3 is a worse game.... and I've played it! ?

Good call - I had completely forgotten that one (and rightly so!) 

Like I said, I totally admit I've not played too many co-op shooters, but of the ones I've played, I really think RE6 ranks pretty far down the totem pole - beneath a lot of middling games. Partly, because it genuinely was bad.... but also because it was bad in such a great franchise.

I mean, hell, having a game that dull in a franchise that good was a real kidney punch - I'm certainly a fan of the series generally - but I give no quarter to that particular entry - it was a game I would have disliked even if it was a completely separate thing, but it being part of such a high-bar franchise, with such a history and general level of quality was really something else!

EDIT: Lol - I hadn't even remembered that Terminator Salvation had co-op! That was definitely a worse game too, for sure!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

I got platinum entirely in coop. solo I would not have done.

there are too many campaigns, it can be a bit boring. I haven't played the other Online modes so I don't know about them.

I just don't recommend playing this alone, it's not worth the effort and frustration on Professional difficulty.

I have plat in PS4 version. No coop. I'm currently finishing it on PS3 version on professional (no coop). Pretty much know this game well. Its 4 play-thrus minimum with different characters. For a PS3 release the game looks awesome. Maybe get the plat because others wont?? Oh wow... my avatar is Helena from RE6. I wouldn't play it over and over if I didn't like it.

Edited by Natt5kift
Scheduled maintenance
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...