Star Wars Jedi Survivor coming to last gen consoles

Vault-TecPhantom

Confirmed by EA.

Continuing the trend of this console generation just feeling like the last but with higher framerates and raytracing. The game apparently still runs like doodoo on current gen consoles, but I suppose that with the last gen ports Respawn has the benefit of knowing how much time is needed for polish without the pressure of a release date they need to be ready for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, monteblommie said:

Get used to last gen ports, switch 2 is rumored to be around the power level of base ps4, these ports can then be used for a switch 2 version and make absolute bank.

Then I look forward to the "switch 2 is holding games back" complaints that the Series S has garnered (which inevitably will not happen because Nintendo fanboys lap up anything Nintendo gives them)

On 8/2/2023 at 6:54 AM, monteblommie said:

Get used to last gen ports, switch 2 is rumored to be around the power level of base ps4, these ports can then be used for a switch 2 version and make absolute bank.

Honestly, I'm more okay with this explanation for it, then companies solely pandering to people with PS4's still being stuck in 2021 and thinking they can't/shouldn't buy a PS5.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 6:39 AM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Confirmed by EA.

Continuing the trend of this console generation just feeling like the last but with higher framerates and raytracing. 

In terms of past generations...why would you expect anything different from 3rd party?
You've never....we as a whole have never had 3rd party publishers completely abandon last gen consoles when a new console released. 

There's never been a line in the sand telling any company exactly when they need to stop making games for older systems.

You aren't brand new so stop acting like it.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

In terms of past generations...why would you expect anything different from 3rd party?
You've never....we as a whole have never had 3rd party publishers completely abandon last gen consoles when a new console released. 

There's never been a line in the sand telling any company exactly when they need to stop making games for older systems.

You aren't brand new so stop acting like it.

1 Just because something is tradition doesn't make it right so this, "it's never been..." doesn't wash.

2. It's been 3 years since the new consoles launched. By this point last gen we had The Witcher 3.

It's time for the industry to move forward and leave decade old consoles behind. Stop making excuses. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 6:39 AM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Confirmed by EA.

Continuing the trend of this console generation just feeling like the last but with higher framerates and raytracing. The game apparently still runs like doodoo on current gen consoles, but I suppose that with the last gen ports Respawn has the benefit of knowing how much time is needed for polish without the pressure of a release date they need to be ready for.

Don't even know if we can argue higher framerates anymore with all the games coming out only playing at 30FPS. Definitely feels like a narrative being made for the PS5 Pro to exist just to say "See guys! 60FPS is back!". 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Viper said:

Don't even know if we can argue higher framerates anymore with all the games coming out only playing at 30FPS. Definitely feels like a narrative being made for the PS5 Pro to exist just to say "See guys! 60FPS is back!". 

Jedi Survivor runs badly even in quality mode. I think the game was just rushed out at least 6 months too early.

EA always does this. They publish great games but don't allow their devs those extra 3 or 4 months needed for polish so that in the end it overshadows an otherwise well made game. People said Battlefield 2042 was a technical disaster but having played it in 2023 it ran fantastically, especially when you take into consideration the impressive dynamic weather effects. The PS4 version, on the other hand, doesn't even load in textures half the time and it makes you wonder what Dice could have accomplished if they were just allowed to focus on the PS5 version.

Thankfully, there are still many games being released with a 60fps mode including FF16, Atlas Fallen, Immortals of Aveum and Spider-Man. Though I do share that very concern about the pro being rumoured so soon. I  really, really hope Sony won't use higher framerates to upsell the pro just so reverting back to 30fps on the base PS5s will be deemed more acceptable. I can already picture some fanboys breathlessly defending it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...