Server Closure January 5th 2024

karanjitmann400

I'd advise serious caution with this one as the servers over at San Diego Studios are completely unstable.
You'll likely come across a ''connection severed'' error when matchmaking, and if that happens then boosting isn't going to be possible - you'll have to play and win against randoms.
Or as in my case; you'll become completely locked out of the online servers for no apparent reason with a ''login failed'' error as demonstrated in the video below.
There's no known fix for either of these errors, and contacting SDS has lead to nowhere in my personal experience.

Edited by whittle181
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hotshot1209 said:

A friend and I are having the same connection issues. Only started happening a few weeks ago :(

It's a really bizarre error, I have come across a few others who also have the same problem. Just as I advised them, I suggest reporting the issue to SDS in the hopes that if enough of us do it, they'll be a fix. You can do so here: https://theshow.sonysandiegostudio.games/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003012253 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m trying to login since yesterday and it appears the same error to me… 

On 8/12/2023 at 8:57 AM, whittle181 said:

I'd advise serious caution with this one as the servers over at San Diego Studios are completely unstable.
You'll likely come across a ''connection severed'' error when matchmaking, and if that happens then boosting isn't going to be possible - you'll have to play and win against randoms.
Or as in my case; you'll become completely locked out of the online servers for no apparent reason with a ''login failed'' error as demonstrated in the video below.
There's no known fix for either of these errors, and contacting SDS has lead to nowhere in my personal experience.

Edited by mestre_cabelo

On 9/20/2023 at 8:23 PM, mestre_cabelo said:

I’m trying to login since yesterday and it appears the same error to me… 

The most frustrating thing is that customer service at SDS doesn't help out at all. You'll likely receive a generic response from a rep named Miguel, asking you to change some ports when this is NOT an internet issue! I've had this problem for over a month now, I know some players have had it more than two months... but more and more people are starting to experience it. I suspect it's some form of glitch with certain MLB accounts that's locking us out from the servers entirely.

If you are affected by this, I would suggest contacting both the publisher and developer listed below (despite their incompetence) and hopefully enough of us can report the issue that they turn their attention towards it.
PlayStation email address: [email protected]
SDS support form: https://theshow.sonysandiegostudio.games/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003012253 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case some of you didn't know, the Nintendo Switch servers for MLB 23 just recovered from a 7 day outage. I believe there was a similar network error, and it was finally fixed after SDS released a patch. That's probably bad news for us because it seems like the only way to fix this glitch is for a patch to be released, which is highly unlikely given the age of the MLB The Show 19.

My advice moving forward is to contact PlayStation before January requesting a refund. At their discretion they will consider giving you one, because they issued me one... but persistence is key. Sony is also the publisher of this game, so have some responsibility to bare for the network issues. Even if you're no longer playing MLB 19; go ahead and check your connectivity to the servers as you may still be entitled. You need to quote the main post; stating that online services should be fully functional until January 5th 2024, but are no longer operational. It's also more likely that San Diego Studios will address the issue if enough customers are given a refund. Good luck to everyone.

Useful links:

Online service update: https://theshow.com/news/mlb-the-show-19-and-mlb-the-show-20-online-service-update/
Contact PlayStation via email: [email protected] 
Contact SDS: 
https://theshow.sonysandiegostudio.games/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360003012253 

Edited by whittle181
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 11:14 PM, PR-214L said:

Hey, i just got this problem as well today have yall found a fix or a way to get passed this error???

Unfortunately still no fix. Interestingly enough, my brother's account which I could access the servers on is now getting the exact same message. Perhaps they've taken it offline earlier than stated, who knows with them at this point...

On 11/16/2023 at 12:32 PM, whittle181 said:

Unfortunately still no fix. Interestingly enough, my brother's account which I could access the servers on is now getting the exact same message. Perhaps they've taken it offline earlier than stated, who knows with them at this point...

Nah they ain't take the servers down early because someone got the trophy yesterday and its been 3 people who have gotten the trophy this month.

- budleno Nov 19th 2023
- Willio789 Nov 18th 2023
- eekota Nov 15th 2023

So it can't be that the servers were shut down early there has to be a fix somewhere so this thing stops popping up.

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Devilldogg07 said:

What are the online trophies needed?

The diamond dynasty tutorial, getting 800 points in diamond dynasty and I believe getting an audio item and no doubt home run animation, not sure you can get those outside the auction house. 

Edited by jdh0921
Animation
  • Like 1

Just to add a note to this. The problem is an account creation problem within the game. Something is missing when the account is created which causes an issue when trying to login. We found this out when trying to boost this, as I was creating alts. I could create alts without a problem, but my partner couldn't. So I tried logging in with one of the alts he made, and I got the exact same "Login Failed" message. He then tried logging in with one of the alts I made, and he was able to log in to the game.

What we were able to determine from that once you log on to an account and you have this problem we cannot find a way to undo it. The only way to detect it would be to create an alt account and trying to log in with that before trying with your main. If you get the error with your alt, you'll most likely get it with your main. The only way to avoid this problem at that point would be to have someone who doesn't have this problem log in for you the first time. From what we can tell, once the account's created, that is how it will be forever.  Hopefully that makes some sense.

Obviously it won't be fixed (and if you plan to start it now, it's most likely too late) but thought I'd add some detail as to what's happening. Any questions don't hesitate to ask.