Did I mess up my platinum?…

Skyy-Knight

So… I should probably start by mentioning I had no idea about anything when it came to the world and character tendencies. I only just found out now and by this point I have beaten the spider boss. And I’ve died in the worlds a few times already so do you guys think I should restart the game? Or am I not completely screwed over just yet? I just wanna know what the best course of action is before I continue the game

If you died in ghost form, your world tendency shouldn't get affected (Demon's Souls should be played a lot of the time in phantom form for trophies). Moreover, most trophies that require white world tendency start in 3-1 onwards. I think you should be fine.

Check the wiki/reddits if there are ways to restore WWT on the worlds you've died (if you died as a human), that can be repeated over and over. I think there are a few iirc.

You only get points towards black tendency if you die in human form in any of the worlds. If you have been dying in soul form it won't affect your white tendency so it depends on that. You can die one time in human form and still make it to pure white but if you die more than that you will have to try again in new game or new game +

If you want to play it safe every time you are in human form just kill yourself in the Nexus jumping from the upper level so if you die in any of the worlds it won't matter cause you will be in soul form. That way you can work on the pure white tendency without worrying about dying.

• Like 2

As mentioned above is important to know if:

• You've died in body form or soul form.
  • You've killed any NPC like a merchant.

If you were playing in soul form and didn't kill any npc, you're safe to go.

In any case, you can use the help of another player, have him invade you as a black phantom and you kill him while on body form.

3 hours ago, Skyy-Knight said:

So… I should probably start by mentioning I had no idea about anything when it came to the world and character tendencies. I only just found out now and by this point I have beaten the spider boss. And I’ve died in the worlds a few times already so do you guys think I should restart the game? Or am I not completely screwed over just yet? I just wanna know what the best course of action is before I continue the game

you can always shift your Tendency by PvP. Find a friend an kill him a few times until you shift to white again. Even if you mess up completely you can change it after the game (with extra effort, but you can).

• Like 1

There is a lesser known way to go from pure black world tendency to pure white world tendency. It's a bit convoluted, especially for a new player.

Without returning to the Nexus, but you can die in soul form in between, if you kill the primeval demon, named NPC black phantom and a boss, you will shift the world from pure black to pure white.

I've done it a few times, so I can confirm it works.

No, you didnt ruin your game, keep in mind that there is world tendency and character tendency

World tendency is raised to white when you defeat a boss and defeat invading players ( killing invading players raise both world and character )
World tendency is lowered to black when you die in human form and i think getting killed by an invading player also moves a world tendency to black

Character tendency is raised to white by killing npc black phantoms and invading players
Character tendency is lowered to black if you kill friendly npc and if you invade and kill other players

So at any moment you can (if you have a someone willing to help) you can shift tendencies with some ease , you can set a password and pair up with someone(dont think the lvl range is affected  by the password)

The best part of Demon's Souls platinum journey is you can't mess up. The gameplay loop (recurring NG+ cycles) means you can do things in your own way as you become more comfortable with the obtuse mechanics.

Doing Pure Black World Tendency first is easier imho, since you can push towards Pure White on your next playthrough.