I wonder how easy it will be to boost the Dethrone a King trophy

Spraragen88

has it even been confirmed this is linked to KOTH? 

i think it has more to do with King Jerrod. Who's probably got a statue somewhere in the invasion mode that takes some time to get to. Then you can destroy it once you get to it. Knock the king, off the Throne.

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

has it even been confirmed this is linked to KOTH? 

i think it has more to do with King Jerrod. Who's probably got a statue somewhere in the invasion mode that takes some time to get to. Then you can destroy it once you get to it. Knock the king, off the Throne.

I also thought it could be related to Invasion or maybe even part of the Story Mode.

I guess we'll see in a couple weeks!

On 9/9/2023 at 4:07 PM, Spraragen88 said:

I'm not good enough to play online, so I'm hoping it's as easy as creating a King of the hill match with a friend and swapping wins.. 

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for too because every damn time I try an online match at random I'm always stuck playing against people who are on the same godlike level as say Sonic Fox for example that can pull 30 hit combos out of their asses like it's nothing. Never fun.

20 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

That's kinda defeatist. You'll never improve if all you do is boost though. I mean the games not even out yet and you already wanna boost? At least give it a few go first

It's valid, considering Mortal Kombat online trophies require 100+ matches played to get them all. 

-I completed (Platinum) Tekken 7 in a day without realising at the time that there would be many new/ inexperienced players close to launch. 

-Some gamers (like me) are not interested in the online/ multiplayer aspect, but rather in gaining all the trophies in the most efficient way possible 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BeeZy_Bman said:

It's valid, considering Mortal Kombat online trophies require 100+ matches played to get them all. 

-I completed (Platinum) Tekken 7 in a day without realising at the time that there would be many new/ inexperienced players close to launch. 

-Some gamers (like me) are not interested in the online/ multiplayer aspect, but rather in gaining all the trophies in the most efficient way possible 

I'm the rare type who plays fighters mainly for the sp content, so I know how you feel.  Hoping KOTH is easily boostable unless this trophy is for something else and they're trolling us with the title and description.  That I doubt though, the last three have had some sort of KOTH trophy.

That said, I'm not even sure I'm getting the game yet.  A little tight on money atm, so we'll see if I can swing it.

Easy, you are able to create a kustom KOTH with boosting partner.

The Kombat League by far is the one for people might misunderstanding & take time to obtain.

You had to play this Kombat League a.k.a = Ranked Match with 5 different players. Win or lose doesn't matter, as long as you had to finish 3 winning/losing round per set. Play total 5 sets to achieve this trophy.

Thanks for the info, RoastedPeanut, credit for my man. 😁

• Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 3:27 AM, Spraragen88 said:

Welp it's impossible for basic players. Online already has level 30+ just dominating koth with 10 wins and zero losses.

Hang in there; I got mine after starting a new KOFTH with a player on the same skill level as me

I can confirm that you just need to win the first match to get the trophy! 

8 minutes ago, BeeZy_Bman said:

Hang in there; I got mine after starting a new KOFTH with a player on the same skill level as me

I can confirm that you just need to win the first match to get the trophy! 

You can also boost it really easy in a private KOTH match with only one other player.  That's how I got mine.  The host will start as the king, once dethroned they can rematch and it'll pop once they dethrone the other player.

• Like 1

Can confirm Dethrone the King can be boosted in Private match, as well as the taunt one. Playing Ranked sets need to completely finish the first to 3. I've had people leave before the set was complete (giving me the overall win) but not credit towards the trophy. Mine didn't pop until my 10 ranked set was completed. So on my stat page it says I've done 10 ranked sets, even though the trophy is for 5. Hope that helps everyone. 

I got it on my own without boosting, just hope the king isn't decent with the combos then it should be easy to finish the fight, and you can taunt at the end of the fight if you need that trophy too.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi