Free blockbuster titles

Fake_Mafas

So, Sony is giving a free ps5 game of your choice if you buy a ps5 until Octomber 20th, in an effort to increase their sales. You will get to choose one of the following games:

1.Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered

2.Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

3.God of war Ragnarok

4.Ghost of Tsusima 

5.Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

6.Demon's Souls

7.The last of us Part 1

8.Sackboy: A Big Adventure 

9.Returnal

10.Uncharted:Legacy of Thieves Collection 

11.Death Stranding 

If you were thinking about buying a ps5, now it's the best time! 🫡

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

how does this work, how do they know your a new ps5 user. cant you just make a bunch of alt accounts on ps5 and get the games. or is there some sort of code they give out. i still never used my horizon code they gave me because i heard how boring the game was

i'm only taking a shot in the dark to try and answer this question. lets say you buy a new ps5 (gamestop/amazon/walmart). you get to the sign up to activate. need to use a new email address not connected to the original account for the main user. then you get the banner to get a free game since it's a new player to playstation.

they should've extended the promotion through the holidays since people buy things for themselves/kids or other family/friends. 

Edited by Lordguwa

On 9/26/2023 at 1:28 AM, Lordguwa said:

i'm only taking a shot in the dark to try and answer this question. lets say you buy a new ps5 (gamestop/amazon/walmart). you get to the sign up to activate. need to use a new email address not connected to the original account for the main user. then you get the banner to get a free game since it's a new player to playstation.

they should've extended the promotion through the holidays since people buy things for themselves/kids or other family/friends. 

this did not work for me i tried 2 ways

creating a complete new user from a fresh new email on my current system, nothing.

backed up all my save data and video gallery and completely deleted all users and did a reset on my ps5, i then created another new user fresh from a new email and nothing

there must be some sort of serial code in the ps5 that is logged when you first activate your ps5 and is already in some sort of system database at sony. this article says a little more below. but a erase/format new name wont work. oh well

https://www.engadget.com/analogues-limited-edition-transparent-pocket-handhelds-come-in-seven-colors-150049816.html

Edited by melodicmizery

13 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

this did not work for me i tried 2 ways

creating a complete new user from a fresh new email on my current system, nothing.

backed up all my save data and video gallery and completely deleted all users and did a reset on my ps5, i then created another new user fresh from a new email and nothing

there must be some sort of serial code in the ps5 that is logged when you first activate your ps5 and is already in some sort of system database at sony. this article says a little more below. but a erase/format new name wont work. oh well

https://www.engadget.com/analogues-limited-edition-transparent-pocket-handhelds-come-in-seven-colors-150049816.html

It's based on the time you activated your PS5 as primary...which is generally something you do right when you first turn it on and is attached to Sony's servers. So your console is registering that date and not showing you the banner for this promotion because it's deeming it "too old". 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

Not going to lie, thread title made me think were going to have a rousing nostalgia romp about Blockbuster Video only titles.

I'd recommend Rift Apart. Good stuff, not a difficult platinum. If you're going for value, Spider Man Remastered comes with a lot of content and a bucket of DLC all in one package. That will free you up to the buy the much cheaper Rift Apart.