Blade in the Crowd not popping

JoaLoft

I think there's a glitch with this trophy that doesn't count all kills even if they're legitimate kills for the trophy requirements. I must have killed a few hundred while inside the white/blue lines. I finally got it to pop after using Assassin's Focus on four guards 10+ times (i.e. 40 kills). I think I was at the Prince's Palace". It's the location they used in the trailer to show Enkidu begin shot at. There's a crowd of people outside the entrance. Use this crowd and Assassin's Focus until it pops. You'll eventually get it, even if it takes longer than it should. Best of luck!

I killed 10 guards from a crowd with Assassin's Focus, 5 at Prince's Palace and 5 at Damascus Gate. Trophy didn't pop, so I restarted the game and did that again. Trophy still hasn't popped. 

Update: I finally got it. It popped randomly after killing a few more people from crowds.

Edited by rsh2112

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For everyone having issue's with this; I had the same but there is a fix!

Found this while browsing online and it worked for me. Had killed about 50 or so, never popped. Did this and pop after the first kill for me.

I was sporting a costume with a dye and some weapons found throughout the game and that's where the problem seems to be.

What to do?

Revert back to the original outfit and weapons (Initiate of Alamut) and make sure you don't have any dyes active. 

Save the game and close the game entirely. Reboot and continue and then do the kills. So in a group of 3 or by bribing merchants. As long as you have a white outline before the assassination, it's fine. Like I said, registered after the first kill for me then.

Hope it works for you too!

edit: Method has been mentioned in a few replies already. The talisman doesn't seem to matter as I still had one equiped.

Edited by Sanity penguin
  • Like 1

Easy way:

- Take off dye and talisman

- Save game and reboot PS

- Continue game and go to Damacus Gate Prison

- Climb up northern most tower (nearest to Qutrabbul Gate)

- Go to the center where the prisoners are kept and mingle with them. (Just watch out for the guard who is looking down over the railing, he will easily spot you when climbing down in the pit.

- Wait for the big guard to cross the area and whistle --> Assassinate

- Than take out the 2 smaller guards also while whistling while remaining in 1 of the groups (they will startle when you kill 1 so just wait a couple of secs until they move back).

- Leave the Prison and fast travel to Jarjaraja or Anbar and sit on a bench and pass time (this will respawn the 3 guards in the prison center)

- Rinse and repeat (without closing game) until you have killed the big guy 4 times and the trophy should pop (did for me anyway :))

Hope this helps (took me about 10-15 mins)

PS: you can get spotted ouside of the actually trophy requirements, you can kill other guards, you just can't decrease notoriety!

Edited by Mokkajunior
Additional info

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 8:35 PM, eduartpxx said:

So here its my experience:

I think I've tried every possible solution. If think I've killed over 30 guards and still nothing.

What worked for me was to change my outfit to Initiate of Alamut Outfit and take out the talisman as @rollingfred mentioned above.

Then I went to Damascus Gate with full focus ability loaded and killed those 5 guards as you can see in the video above from @Mr_Buzzinka . 

The trophy appeared then in a sec.

Should give it a try.

This worked for me. i've equip the Initiate of Alamut outfit and NO costume/talisman. Then did the focus kill and it popped for me...

• Like 1

I think this one is definitely glitched, in the end I full restarted the console and game, put on the original outfit and weapons then got 10 crowd kills in 1 life without fast travelling or reloading a save. As soon as I did the 10th in that run the trophy popped. I must have done close to 50 through my total playthrough but they didn't count until I did them all at once.

I’m not sure if this is glitched if left as the last trophy to get but after a couple of hours trying to unlock trophy, I loaded an older save where I hadn’t finished the story or unlocked all skills, etc. I went near Damascus gate and got 5 kills while blended using the focus kill, then went to the nearby prison to kill the 4 guards in the courtyard where many NPCs are. The trophy popped despite only getting 9 kills 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

My recommendation is use an older save if possible if you’re still having trouble, especially if left until one of your last trophies to earn.

• 3 weeks later...

Just popped this (and the platinum) today.

Tried for a couple of days grinding out kills and even restarting with a New save file.

at least for me, this Trophy popped with just one Stealth kill in the Damascus gate prison on New Game +.

On 10/18/2023 at 3:59 PM, Mr_Buzzinka said:

Only this method worked for me...personally.

This approach proved effective for me, but be sure to consider a couple of key factors:

1. Refrain from using fast travel (viewpoints).
2. Ensure that your assassin has a WHITE OUTLINE while performing assassinations.
3. Instead of completing missions or contracts to replenish your focus, opt for stealthily eliminating enemies to restore it.

• 1 month later...

This trophy added about 10 hours to my platinum run. I tried everything repeatedly for 3 days after work until the trophy finally popped. I love Assassin's Creed games but damn that was glitchy. I had similar issues with "Blade in the Crowd" trophy during my 100% run of AC Syndicate. The trophy popped during the "Jack the Ripper" DLC along with the platinum. Come on Ubisoft, you can do better.

1 hour ago, HawaiiGator said:

This trophy added about 10 hours to my platinum run. I tried everything repeatedly for 3 days after work until the trophy finally popped. I love Assassin's Creed games but damn that was glitchy. I had similar issues with "Blade in the Crowd" trophy during my 100% run of AC Syndicate. The trophy popped during the "Jack the Ripper" DLC along with the platinum. Come on Ubisoft, you can do better.

They can, but they’re lazy.

On 10/19/2023 at 7:35 PM, eduartpxx said:

So here its my experience:

I think I've tried every possible solution. If think I've killed over 30 guards and still nothing.

What worked for me was to change my outfit to Initiate of Alamut Outfit and take out the talisman as @rollingfred mentioned above.

Then I went to Damascus Gate with full focus ability loaded and killed those 5 guards as you can see in the video above from @Mr_Buzzinka . 

The trophy appeared then in a sec.

Should give it a try.

So unfortunately this method didn't work for me, changed the outfit, weapons and removed talisman also reset all my skills and after 2h of blending in nothing.

So I started a new game plus swapped to the original outfit and weapons and after 5 guards the trophy popped 🤷🏼‍♀️