Blade in the Crowd not popping

JoaLoft

I must have assassinated over twenty enemies from crowds (3+ people) with R1, your Hidden Blade.

The trophy still hasn't popped.

I don't think it's glitched, maybe the description of the trophy is misleading or inaccurate? How do you get these ten kills done while blending with the crowd?

6 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

I must have assassinated over twenty enemies from crowds (3+ people) with R1, your Hidden Blade.

The trophy still hasn't popped.

I don't think it's glitched, maybe the description of the trophy is misleading or inaccurate? How do you get these ten kills done while blending with the crowd?

Pay those merchant groups with tokens to walk with them. They are marked with human symbols on the map and also the trophy symbol itself has that symbol, so i think the trophy only counts with them. When you have a white outline around your character and you pass a guard nearby assassinate him. I repeated that 10 times and got the trophy pop that way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chromar said:

Pay those merchant groups with tokens to walk with them. They are marked with human symbols on the map and also the trophy symbol itself has that symbol, so i think the trophy only counts with them. When you have a white outline around your character and you pass a guard nearby assassinate him. I repeated that 10 times and got the trophy pop that way.

Unbelievable. I tried this with one group of merchants just now, instantly popped! Thanks, I remember doing multiple of them from merchant groups as well, but apparently I was only one assassination away from unlocking it. :)

8 hours ago, HarryNinetyFour said:

It’s glitched. I first tried with merchants, did 10, no trophy. Then did regular crowds, same thing and tried with bench kills and still nothing. I had to start a new game and got 10 from regular crowds which unlocked it.

Then I got incredibly lucky because right after someone suggested using merchant groups, I did one, and I unlocked it. So the counter must've been stuck at 9/10 for a while then.

This trophy is infuriating. It's my last one to platinum. I spent more than 20 merchant tokens, only to find out that it's a bug. I tried using the bench method, but it didn't work. I also attempted to start a new game and use the bench assassin method, but had no luck. It frustrates me finding atleast three people to perform the crowd assassination is hard.

Why do I always encounter trophy bugs in any Assassin's Creed game? Ubisoft, you're always making me mad!

I don't think the trophy is buggy, it's that the requirement can be annoying to pull off. The assassination prompt appears few meters away from an enemy, and when triggered while far from the target, Basim takes a few steps and starts the animation. The few steps he takes can get him out of hiding, and he might assassinate while not actually blended in. Make sure to trigger the assassination as the enemy is as close as possible and you have the "blended in" state right before the animations starts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NotTideSlayer said:

I don't think it's bugged I think the achievement is just too strict. You MUST still be white outlined while doing your assassination. If Basim comes out of "hiding" at any point during the kill it will not count.

I made sure I was still in the crowd when was going for it with the white outline staying. Only way I could get it unlocked was new game.

9 hours ago, Dargzol said:

Using Assassin's Focus counts for this, as long as you are in the crowd when you initiate it.

Love you for this hint.

Super easy to do this way.

Like he said just make sure when you start you have the white lines around you. 

Did this 2x with 5 kills each and easy trophy pop.

• Like 1

I've already unlocked the trophy. I believe kills only count when you are in the crowd with the white lines, and it must be an assassination without alerting the guards. As I read in the previous reply, using focus assassination with 5 kills is the best way to unlock the trophy because it ensures that no witnesses are left behind.

Edited by kazuhiro_ex

This trophy is very frustrating, I made between 150 and 200 deaths, spending all the coins with the merchants and even when I didn’t have those coins I joined their group and called the guards one by one, with the civilians the same and I don’t say of the banks. I have the platinum of almost all the Assassins, in fact I should have already won that crappy trophy 10, 20 times

15 minutes ago, TheNobleOnez said:

Any good places to farm this trophy for people like me who are struggling?

The prison is the best spot, 4 guards, then save+reload (perhaps fast travel and reboot of the game will be required, I had done everything with save+reload) and do again.

Video(not mine):

PSA: Your kill MUST register with white outlines on you and crowd. Regarding spotting and entering combat, not sure. I did everything in prison while staying incognito.

• Like 2

A tip to everyone struggling, just stand in a crowd of people so you are highlighted or use a token on any merchant group... whichever option you choose if you have a guard nearby just whistle so he comes to you and make sure you kill him while still highlighted, you cannot get out of that group as those kills do not count! Every time you will do that everyone will panic and break your stealth so just escape and do it again. Hope it helps anyone as for me I haven't had any issue with this trophy at all and my only complaint is that while you kill in crowd it should not break the stealth in 0.1s after killing someone, like seriously in older games the kill animation depended on distance between target so if you were really close nobody could know it was you because it looked like you bumped into that target instead full fatality-through-the-skull that we have now. 

Was also a nuisance on xbox but I managed to get it. It's buggy in the sense that it's very fussy about what counts as a crowd assassination in comparison to previous AC games. It also seems to upset the tracker if you save scum so the best thing to do is to go to different crowds on the map (prison, Anbar market etc) and if you run out quit the app, shut down your system and then launch the game again. Also, best to whistle so the game can see what you're trying to do. Worked for me (on xbox). Avoid reloading the save. Focus assassination counts.

Using the Focus is the way to go with this. Go anywhere where there are lots of crowds and guards, I chose Round City. Fill up your Focus, find a group of guards, wait for a cluster of NPC's to form near them, blend with them and initiate Focus while you're highlighted in white and take out the group of guards. Run around and snipe guards with throwing knives to refill your Focus and rinse and repeat as many times as needed. Easy peasy. 

All other methods are a waste of time tbh. Merchant groups seem to be on set paths and never go where you need them to and using random NPC groups is annoying as well as you have to whistle guards over and wait for them to come over and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The only surefire and easy way is to just use Focus. 

I tried for aged in the harbor but no trophy.

Ended up doing the 4 in the prison and then I went to a merchant group close by at damascus gate I think. Paid them, walked towards the gate and then initiated the Assassin's focus to kill all 5 enemies (the 2 higher up are reachable!). During this action the trophy popped.

Edited by Kolm