Blade in the Crowd not popping

JoaLoft

I think the answer for this lies with the crowd, a lot of people say it works when you pay groups to follow and also others say it works in prison, what those 2 things have in common? you can blend there in a crowd with more than 3 (the minimum) people, i've done 20+ kills with crowds of 3 and nothing... i then did 5 kills paying groups to follow and 5 more on prison and that seemed to do it, also i always lost my white glow during the kills so i wouldn't worry about that, just make sure you are in a crowd with more than 3, now we can see this as a semi glitch and the game cant read to register the kill if you are blending with 3 people only or the description is misleading and that's how you are simply meant to do it, if it is a glitch then its possible it may not count a kill here and there even on the prison but regardless its your best shot, so just make sure you are blending in the biggest group you can find and kill away.

Edit : I think the white glow matters after all, i think the Trophy is not glitched at all, its the mechanics of the "blending" that are terrible and that's why doing it on a bigger group of people works, because when you are going for the kill sometimes either you go too far from the group or someone else gets pushed and so you lose the glow and now the game thinks you are not blending in, so its not going to register the kill, in the Prison Area the groups are the largest ones you'll get so doing it there ensures you'll have at least 3 people close to you during the kill and you wont have your glow disappear, i think that's the real answer (assuming this isn't a Glitch and i think its not) 

Edited by R1p3r_5000

2 hours ago, R1p3r_5000 said:

I think the answer for this lies with the crowd, a lot of people say it works when you pay groups to follow and also others say it works in prison, what those 2 things have in common? you can blend there in a crowd with more than 3 (the minimum) people, i've done 20+ kills with crowds of 3 and nothing... i then did 5 kills paying groups to follow and 5 more on prison and that seemed to do it, also i always lost my white glow during the kills so i wouldn't worry about that, just make sure you are in a crowd with more than 3, now we can see this as a semi glitch and the game cant read to register the kill if you are blending with 3 people only or the description is misleading and that's how you are simply meant to do it, if it is a glitch then its possible it may not count a kill here and there even on the prison but regardless its your best shot, so just make sure you are blending in the biggest group you can find and kill away.

This sorta makes sense with my experience. But I'd even say the minimum for the trophy might be 5 (so 6 with you included). During my tries in the harbor I was in a group of 4 most of the times and I gave up after 20 or so kills. Then I did the 4 in the prison and then 5 with assassins focus from a merchant group and it popped during the 3rd or 4th kill.
I know I did 2-3 kills from bigger groups during missions so that sorta adds up to 10.

It would be a nice theory to further test :) 

19 hours ago, an-inFamous1337 said:

I saw a video on youtube, you can use the assassin's focus on a group of 5 soldiers while in a crowd twice and it should pop. That's how I did it.

After you done using focus are you back to your original spot standing next to the crowd glowing? if so that further confirms the theory of needing to keep the white glow alive meaning stay close to 3 people without errors and if that's what the focus does for this Trophy it makes it too easy so that's good.

On 10/10/2023 at 6:21 PM, R1p3r_5000 said:

After you done using focus are you back to your original spot standing next to the crowd glowing? if so that further confirms the theory of needing to keep the white glow alive meaning stay close to 3 people without errors and if that's what the focus does for this Trophy it makes it too easy so that's good.

My trophy popped after the second or third character in a 5-chain focus kill. So it doesn't matter if you're back in the white glow afterwards because the trophy already showed up before I actually got the kill on the last one.

I also did a lot of crowed kills until it popped. (and I certainly did not do 10 out of merchant groups)

The best course of action in my opinion is to just keep doing it.

A good place to farm this would be the courtyard of the Prison as there are a lot of groups standing around which [IMPORTANT] don't run away after you killed someone.

18 hours ago, Kolm said:

My trophy popped after the second or third character in a 5-chain focus kill. So it doesn't matter if you're back in the white glow afterwards because the trophy already showed up before I actually got the kill on the last one.

It matters a lot to understand it, yes focus is a nice easy way but i'd still like to know why it doesn't pop so easy with other methods, but i think that's it though, can't be anything else especially since it works well with the focus method, its not glitched.

I had the hardest time with this (PS5). Making sure I had the white outline, I tried Assassin's focus in Prince's palace and the gate near the prison countless time, the prison itself multiple time, from merchant crowd, etc... Must have spent north of 4h running around trying.
It seems that different players have different experiences, so I'll share how I finally did it (following a post on Reddit):
* Game was completed

* Changed my outfit to "Initiate of Alamut", no talisman (no idea if that's important, but I followed that post to a T)

* Went in the prison, killed the 4 guards while in crowd, exited, fast travel to the city on the bottom-right, rest on the bench for a day

* Fast travel back to the prison, go back to the prison and repeat

It finally unlocked....

I already started the game back on PS4 version and will try to tackle that trophy as soon as I can to remove the frustration after end-game

One thing I DO NOT like: No stats anywhere. I would have loved to see my progress on the various kills

Good luck!

Edited by rollingfred

The most frustrating one to get, I felt like I'd done it about 40 times... I did a combination of what others have suggested, the prison yard for kills - and then I travelled back to Basim's 'home town' and did a few runs in the market there where there a lots of groups of 3+ people and 2 guard patrols. It finally popped along with my plat!

On 10/7/2023 at 10:50 PM, Dargzol said:

Using Assassin's Focus counts for this, as long as you are in the crowd when you initiate it.

I haven't tried this yet, but wouldn't it be awesome if you could end focus where you began. This way no one could blame you for the kills. This wouldn't increase your notoriety either.

17 hours ago, rollingfred said:

I had the hardest time with this (PS5). Making sure I had the white outline, I tried Assassin's focus in Prince's palace and the gate near the prison countless time, the prison itself multiple time, from merchant crowd, etc... Must have spent north of 4h running around trying.
It seems that different players have different experiences, so I'll share how I finally did it (following a post on Reddit):
* Game was completed

* Changed my outfit to "Initiate of Alamut", no talisman (no idea if that's important, but I followed that post to a T)

* Went in the prison, killed the 4 guards while in crowd, exited, fast travel to the city on the bottom-right, rest on the bench for a day

* Fast travel back to the prison, go back to the prison and repeat

It finally unlocked....

I already started the game back on PS4 version and will try to tackle that trophy as soon as I can to remove the frustration after end-game

One thing I DO NOT like: No stats anywhere. I would have loved to see my progress on the various kills

Good luck!

This worked for me! Thank you. I was trying for hours yesterday.

Followed the above steps and I stood in a group of 3 random people and focus assassinated 2 guards and it popped straight away.

Edited by ToftyBox
  • Like 1

For me I did kill 3 groups of 5 guards with the merchants and it didn't pop.

I just deleted and redownloaded the game like a lot of people said it was helping them (took me 20min from disc).

When launching again I tried the Damascus prison for 4 kills ( one by one whistling) and then killed the 3 roaming guards with the assassin focus in the Anbar Marketplace (Northest point on the map to the West) and it popped. I might have killed like 30 or 40 while in a crowd. Being undetected and no notoriety afterwards should be the key.

Most likely some of those 40 kills actually counted lmao.

Edited by Kthasin

So here its my experience:

I think I've tried every possible solution. If think I've killed over 30 guards and still nothing.

What worked for me was to change my outfit to Initiate of Alamut Outfit and take out the talisman as @rollingfred mentioned above.

Then I went to Damascus Gate with full focus ability loaded and killed those 5 guards as you can see in the video above from @Mr_Buzzinka . 

The trophy appeared then in a sec.

Should give it a try.

• Like 2

So i had issues myself with it, so i created a hard save just before i used the animus glitch power thing, did it twice on two groups of 5 guards and it didnt pop, i exited the game and reloaded the hardsave and did it again, the trophy popped after the final kill on the second group. it may be an issue of having the game on too long and it bugs out? similar things have happened on other games

I figured out what the problem was as I was facing the same issue myself. If you notice there’s 2 different colours of outline you get when blending in a crowd, one is blue and one is white. You have to complete the 10 assassinations while having a white outline when blended in a crowd. I killed more than 30 guards and nothing happened but when I did it when I only had a white outline it worked. Assassins focus helped getting my final kills as u get multiple in one attempt.

Tip: Pay the merchant group outside the princes palace and when your in the courtyard assassinate as many guards you can using assassins focus.

I didn't have any luck even with the so-called "guaranteed method" video above.  I think @Princeofdarhymes nailed it with the white/blue outline thing -- most of my attempts had a blue outline (no idea why there's even a difference here) and since I couldn't fast travel anywhere, none of the best locations respawned any guards for another try.

I did finally get it by running around to find a crowd of people near guards (whether those guards were standing or walking).  Made sure I had a white outline and used focus on as many guards as I could get.  Then tore down posters and stealth assassinated to regenerate focus on my way to the next crowd.  I kept the initiate outfit and unequipped the talisman, on the chance it helped.  Not the worst trophy ever but awfully close.