How is the vita holding up?

helpthemedic

Yeah pretty much how has the sales going for the vita now? 

I spent some time trying to keep updated on this in the beginning since I bought the vita on day one, mainly to be insured that it would be getting some love from Sony and game developers. So far I have been happy with the range of games and been enjoying my vita alot. 

I know there where alot of people ruling the vita out, that it would be dead in the near future. Whats everyones take on this? Have Sony made any official statement of the vita beeing a sucess/dissapointment/what ever, latley? And how do you think the future looks for the vita?

I believe they han't released specific numbers but at e3 last year they said that the atach rate is like 10 games  per vita sold witch is a lot and there happy with that. I think that they will anounce specific numbers at the next e3 and that there not very great but also not as bad as we are thinking.

Edited by SurvivorBlues

I think it has had a boost since PS4 came out.  Personally, I got mine to take advantage of Remote Play, which I imagine a number of new PS4 owners must have done because I recall reading about a spike in Vita sales.  

Since then though, I have been mostly playing Vita games on it.  It has a superb selection of games out for it.

I think it has had a boost since PS4 came out.  Personally, I got mine to take advantage of Remote Play, which I imagine a number of new PS4 owners must have done because I recall reading about a spike in Vita sales.  

Since then though, I have been mostly playing Vita games on it.  It has a superb selection of games out for it.

How much have you used the remote play though? I used it a few times but never really liked it tbh, I really thought the vita and the PS4 would work with eachother more in someways than it has so far.

How much have you used the remote play though? I used it a few times but never really liked it tbh, I really thought the vita and the PS4 would work with eachother more in someways than it has so far.

While I prefer playing a game on my PS4 as opposed to my Vita, when my wife and son decide to commandeer the living room television remote play is extremely appealing. It works very well from the games I've played too so that is a huge plus in my book. 

Parker

• Like 3

I did use it quite extensively with the SP in TR:DE, where it worked quite well.  I preferred having the extra L and R buttons mapped to the corners of the front screen as opposed to the rear touch pad a la Killzone: Shadow Fall.  My hope is that future games or updates will allow you to map the missing buttons as you see fit, as I sometimes "miss" the correct zone on the rear pad when I'm trying to hit a particular virtual button.

I haven't really played that many PS4 games lately, as I want to clear the plats on a few other games first.  That, and I keep getting distracted by new games...  :S

What else did you expect, out of interest?  

Since then though, I have mostly been using it to play Vita games.

I did use it quite extensively with the SP in TR:DE, where it worked quite well.  I preferred having the extra L and R buttons mapped to the corners of the front screen as opposed to the rear touch pad a la Killzone: Shadow Fall.  My hope is that future games or updates will allow you to map the missing buttons as you see fit, as I sometimes "miss" the correct zone on the rear pad when I'm trying to hit a particular virtual button.

I haven't really played that many PS4 games lately, as I want to clear the plats on a few other games first.  That, and I keep getting distracted by new games...  :S

What else did you expect, out of interest?  

Since then though, I have mostly been using it to play Vita games.

Idunno just courius i guess, I tried NBA2K14 that was just a mess to play on the vita, Killzone worked out pretty ok I guess. But having big hands is not an advantage with the backpad for R2 L2 situation.

Idunno just courius i guess, I tried NBA2K14 that was just a mess to play on the vita, Killzone worked out pretty ok I guess. But having big hands is not an advantage with the backpad for R2 L2 situation.

I think it very much depends on the game.  I would expect that any MP will leave you at too huge a disadvantage for Remote Play to be viable.  Unless maybe you're just boosting in a private match...

Strider worked quite well on Remote Play, and like I said I found TR:DE to be just as good on the small screen.  Resogun is ok, but there can be too much going on on-screen at any one time and you can loose where you're ship is at.

While I prefer playing a game on my PS4 as opposed to my Vita, when my wife and son decide to commandeer the living room television remote play is extremely appealing. It works very well from the games I've played too so that is a huge plus in my book. 

Parker

Exactly the same as I do when wanna keep playing but the Missus wants to watch Eastenders...