Trophy Thoughts

Eraezr

21 hours ago, wilky2988 said:

The trophies that jumped out at me when I glanced at the trophy list were:

- 15 endings ... this could require some work, no?

- Complete the voice collection ... uh, this could get extremely dicey if it has like 1,000+ entries including not only the 13 playable characters but also about half a dozen late game bosses... there are a TON of unique voice logs for example some of the combat ones where one character calls out another's if they fall... I'm not so sure about this one

- 100 challenge missions ... what does this mean?

- Catch fish trophy? Master Rod? What does this mean, og SO2 did not include fishing

• Endings can be a pain, but you can get a lot of them in a playthrough. 
  • The voice collection was absolutely awful in the original, but the 0/17 suggests that it's significantly easier this time around.
  • Challenge missions are probably new, just like fishing.

8 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

Just so people know, Trophies don't autopop from the Demo, in which how far you've gotten, like Visitor From Afar, Fateful Encounter and Evil Stone, also simple first time Trophies like leveling up a Skill doesn't autopop.

I delete the demo save first it's better start fresh imho

1 hour ago, Tosnightmare said:

Hello everyone, first time playing this game and I don't quite understand what they mean with collecting voices? 

Its similar to other jrpgs like persona, you have to trigger some voice lines for example recruiting s character, fighting with them, healing, private actions maybe too?, other voice lines from battle and more.

On 11/2/2023 at 1:46 AM, starcrunch061 said:

but Star Ocean 2 was a pretty short game back in the day. You could finish everything (optional dungeon and bosses) in around 30-40 hours. A single playthrough might be done in 20.

Rubbish.

So2 was a 40 hour game for 1 playthrough. Getting most of the content was easy 80+ hours. 

Getting all of the encyclopaedia, endings, and voice collection could be like 400 hours.

Voice collection sounds like will be platinum trophy stopper for many, considered how pain it is to grind.
If I understand correctly, you would need at least 4 playthroughs to fill it up completly, two of them partial. Maybe its possible to cut some time with optimized saves.
Some voice lines are characters calling out others who fallen in battle and that requires them to be present, but game has characters that are exclusive to each protagonist (Leon for Claude, Dias for Rena) and characters that are exclusive to each other (you can only recruit Precis or Bowman, not both).

Edited by TheSwordUserYT

20 minutes ago, TheSwordUserYT said:

Voice collection sounds like will be platinum trophy stopper for many, considered how pain it is to grind.
If I understand correctly, you would need at least 4 playthroughs to fill it up completly, two of them partial. Maybe its possible to cut some time with optimized saves.
Some voice lines are characters calling out others who fallen in battle and that requires them to be present, but game has characters that are exclusive to each protagonist (Leon for Claude, Dias for Rena) and characters that are exclusive to each other (you can only recruit Precis or Bowman, not both).

Ugh I started playing this but this could be the nail in the coffin. This doesn't even sound fun 

1 hour ago, TheSwordUserYT said:

I don't think the Voice Collection trophy will be as bad as og SO2; I think it will be more in line with SO1 First Departure. The reason I say this is because the Playstation trophy tracking screen shows it at like 0/17. To me, this implies that the 17 characters in question are probably the 13 playable characters, plus the four final Wisemen (Indalecio / Cyril / Vesper / Decus, going by their og SO2 names; they may be different now in the remake).

I am assuming, on the basis of SO1 First Departure, that we will need to save at the final save point with each of the 13 playable characters to unlock those in the voice collection. I am assuming that beating the game normally would give you the hypothetical four Wisemen into the collection. I have not verified this 100% myself yet, but I believe this trophy is essentially "Beat the game twice, and recruit all playable characters across your two playthroughs."

e.g., Claude / Rena / Celine / Ashton / Welch / Precis / Leon / Chisato

Rena / Claude / Dias / Opera / Ernest / Bowman / Noel / one leftover slot, probably for either Celine early, or Chisato late

25 minutes ago, wilky2988 said:

I don't think the Voice Collection trophy will be as bad as og SO2; I think it will be more in line with SO1 First Departure. The reason I say this is because the Playstation trophy tracking screen shows it at like 0/17. To me, this implies that the 17 characters in question are probably the 13 playable characters, plus the four final Wisemen (Indalecio / Cyril / Vesper / Decus, going by their og SO2 names; they may be different now in the remake).

I am assuming, on the basis of SO1 First Departure, that we will need to save at the final save point with each of the 13 playable characters to unlock those in the voice collection. I am assuming that beating the game normally would give you the hypothetical four Wisemen into the collection. I have not verified this 100% myself yet, but I believe this trophy is essentially "Beat the game twice, and recruit all playable characters across your two playthroughs."

e.g., Claude / Rena / Celine / Ashton / Welch / Precis / Leon / Chisato

Rena / Claude / Dias / Opera / Ernest / Bowman / Noel / one leftover slot, probably for either Celine early, or Chisato late

This would be a huge sigh of relief. I know there is some trickiness to the recruiting? Is this list the characters we should recruit for each character? 

2 hours ago, vividamage123 said:

This would be a huge sigh of relief. I know there is some trickiness to the recruiting? Is this list the characters we should recruit for each character? 

I like to recruit Ashton/Précis/Welch together because of interactions & synergies with their characters. For recruiting:

Celine is automatic (although you can decline her)

Same with Noel later (he’ll ask to join if you have a spot)

Leon / Dias are mutually exclusive (but should be automatic)

Precis / Bowman are mutually exclusive (but easy)

Ashton / Opera+Ernest are mutually exclusive & missable (see below)

Welch / Chisato are missable, at different points

- If you want to recruit Ashton, advance the plot past Marze to Harley, talk to the two old guys at the entrance of Harley about the dragon in the Salva Mining Tunnels, backtrack to Salva, and “Take responsibility” with Ashton. The rest of Ashton’s quest line (at the Mountain Palace/Mt. Lasgus) is optional, I think, but recommended.

- If you want to recruit Opera, do NOT do the above. Instead, after the Laceur Arms Tourney, backtrack to the Inn at Hilton and talk to her, then the King of Krosse, then do the Mountain Palace quest.

- After recruiting Opera, backtrack to forest at Arlia (the very beginning of the game) and do the spaceship PA. This is important and missable; this must be done before the Hoffman Ruins to recruit Ernest.

- To recruit Précis, do a PA on the right side of Linga before doing the Linga dungeon, etc.

- If you do not recruit Précis above, Bowman will ask to join after the Linga dungeon.

- To recruit Welch, do a PA at Laceur Castle after the Arms Tourney.

- To recruit Chisato, you must see her on the left side of Central City first, then she will start to follow you (e.g., North City) and finally she’ll drop her business card inside the cavern which you can return to her (at her desk in Central City) to recruit her.

Two other important notes:

- IMPORTANT Private Action in Kurik (with Philia) - Needed for the true final boss, which I think is an achievement. Also optionally you may want to pickpocket her.

- Immediately after the Laceur Arms Tournament, you should go to Gamgee’s shop (left side of town) BEFORE leaving the city and proceeding to Linga. He gives you the item to craft into Claude’s ultimate weapon; I think it’s called the Deadly Edge. Do not ever sell this sword; save it to craft with 2x Mithril later. (I don’t think this is a trophy, but the ultimate is probably the strongest weapon in the game.)

Edited by wilky2988
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Stig-FD3S said:

Rubbish.

So2 was a 40 hour game for 1 playthrough. Getting most of the content was easy 80+ hours. 

Getting all of the encyclopaedia, endings, and voice collection could be like 400 hours.

Hmmm. I don't usually miss times this bad. You've forced me to check my memory cards.

All I can say is that if I'm right and you're wrong, I'll be forced to give you a polite but firm message explaining the discrepancies.

15 endings is easy the game have 99 endings, when i finished the game first time it unlocked me 5 endings is one run. 

im not sure about the trophies

The Wise Are No Match for the Grind -> An honor bestowed upon a stalwart soul who emerged triumphant in the Ten Wise Men Return.

The Destroyer's Truth  - > Ultimate proof of learning the truth and besting the ultimate destroyer.

maybe they are for Rena story. 

The grind on end game is really easy too you can cheese every hard boss with blood armor.

Not sure about have all voices but i will confirm when i finish the rena playtrought 

13 hours ago, nykyzynho said:

15 endings is easy the game have 99 endings, when i finished the game first time it unlocked me 5 endings is one run. 

im not sure about the trophies

The Wise Are No Match for the Grind -> An honor bestowed upon a stalwart soul who emerged triumphant in the Ten Wise Men Return.

The Destroyer's Truth  - > Ultimate proof of learning the truth and besting the ultimate destroyer.

maybe they are for Rena story. 

The grind on end game is really easy too you can cheese every hard boss with blood armor.

Not sure about have all voices but i will confirm when i finish the rena playtrought 

I believe that "The Destroyer's Truth" relates to beating the "true" final boss (by viewing those specific Private Actions).

The Wise Are No Match for the Grind > I have no idea about this as well. There is an arena fight with all the 10 Wise men in chained battles but it didn't pop after winning. I still have one fight as ???? though, even after beating everything else (superbosses included, twin version in the arena included) so my idea is that you have to have a cleared save with the true final boss beaten (so you get trophy 1), and THEN this pops in the Arena as a fight with all the 10 Wise Men, with the last one in the unlocked version.

(^Speculation, but I'd love to be right, I'll be starting a new playthrough soon so I'll check)

7 hours ago, Kaiden90x said:

I believe that "The Destroyer's Truth" relates to beating the "true" final boss (by viewing those specific Private Actions).

The Wise Are No Match for the Grind > I have no idea about this as well. There is an arena fight with all the 10 Wise men in chained battles but it didn't pop after winning. I still have one fight as ???? though, even after beating everything else (superbosses included, twin version in the arena included) so my idea is that you have to have a cleared save with the true final boss beaten (so you get trophy 1), and THEN this pops in the Arena as a fight with all the 10 Wise Men, with the last one in the unlocked version.

(^Speculation, but I'd love to be right, I'll be starting a new playthrough soon so I'll check)

You're absolutely right, this is an arena fight after killing true final boss. I believe both of these trophies are missable because you need a specific PA to trigger true final boss.

4 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

There's a guide for voice action? it's only thing scare me 

Don't worry about this trophy, you will get it guaranteed after you beat the game 2 times with both main characters and get all the possible secondary characters. The reason is that all voice lines are automatically unlocked for the characters you complete the game with, so there's nothing to worry about.

Also some tips for the statue puzzle on the second floor of MoT, because it's different from the original game:
Luke-south
Lloyd-west
Milena-north
Yuffie-north
Sharon-east
Cistina-north
Felia-west
Hope it helps.

59 minutes ago, silent_milla said:

You're absolutely right, this is an arena fight after killing true final boss. I believe both of these trophies are missable because you need a specific PA to trigger true final boss.

Don't worry about this trophy, you will get it guaranteed after you beat the game 2 times with both main characters and get all the possible secondary characters. The reason is that all voice lines are automatically unlocked for the characters you complete the game with, so there's nothing to worry about.

Also some tips for the statue puzzle on the second floor of MoT, because it's different from the original game:
Luke-south
Lloyd-west
Milena-north
Yuffie-north
Sharon-east
Cistina-north
Felia-west
Hope it helps.

Ah WOW thx mate a great news

Well I'm glad I won't have to grind for voice lines like it's original PS1 release once I get to play this title...

I appreciate all the insight above. Looks like Platinum route might be similar to the one from Star Ocean 6 that I beat recently, basically beat the game doing pretty much everything, then do it second time with remaining characters for endings and voice lines.