Trophy Thoughts

Eraezr

On 11/1/2023 at 7:38 AM, LalaPopoto said:

I'm kinda disappointed with the trophy list. I was hoping for trophies related to completing the item and enemy lists, all the stuff in the encyclopedias, basically. But we just get...a single uniques spot, and 15 endings. Nothing about beating the superbosses on Universe, either.

The platinum seems like a freebie as long as you recruit all the characters across your two playthrough.

Having played the original Star Ocean 2, I am glad that you don't have to fight super bosses. Those super boss trophies and difficulty trophies were what turned me off of the future iterations of this franchise. I played the original twice and only saw a few endings. Of course you need two playthroughs since you have to start as both main characters, but I am used to that and if there is a New Game+ that lets you carry over EXP and whatnot the second run will be much easier. ;)

13 minutes ago, Mintycookie69 said:

For everyone's information, I just submitted a trophy guide for this game (my first guide ever). :D Hopefully that will get published asap for those who need help. In the meantime, I'm here if anyone has trophy questions! <3

Loved the game btw! Such a fun remake of such a great game!

Just need to know the length and difficulty please :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mintycookie69 said:

For everyone's information, I just submitted a trophy guide for this game (my first guide ever). :D Hopefully that will get published asap for those who need help. In the meantime, I'm here if anyone has trophy questions! <3

Thank you! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Having played the original Star Ocean 2, I am glad that you don't have to fight super bosses. Those super boss trophies and difficulty trophies were what turned me off of the future iterations of this franchise. I played the original twice and only saw a few endings. Of course you need two playthroughs since you have to start as both main characters, but I am used to that and if there is a New Game+ that lets you carry over EXP and whatnot the second run will be much easier. ;)

To clarify, you *do* need to beat all the superbosses for the trophies, you just don't need to do it in a specific difficulty mode.

8 hours ago, SadisticSymphony said:

Just need to know the length and difficulty please :D

I put it down at 3/10 and 50 hours, though that depends on which difficulty you're playing (you can change at any time and it doesn't affect trophies) and how much story you skip in your second playthrough (which should be a lot since the story is largely the same for both protagonists, you need to complete the game with both of them).

Using the right gear and playing fast could probably bring it down to 2/10 and 40-45 hours. :) 

11 hours ago, Mintycookie69 said:

Thanks for your effort, it's a lot of work to do a guide

Are there any missable in the game?

I'm gonna wait to see if a walkthough is necessary (guess gamefaqs guide for the original should be good)

42 minutes ago, legrooos76 said:

Are there any missable in the game?

I'm gonna wait to see if a walkthough is necessary (guess gamefaqs guide for the original should be good)

A couple trophies are missable if you don't trigger two subsequent events before a certain point. (The second event can't be missed if you trigger the first, as far as I'm aware.)

Apart from that, everything is not missable and can conceivably be done in one run, with the exception of story-related trophies for the protagonist you didn't choose and the characters you didn't recruit, so it's going to be two runs anyway (with a bit of recruitment planning if you don't know how to recruit them).

With New Game + you carry everything over (with the exception of treasure chest data for some reason) so if you're not in for the story you can do a second run in a single day by skipping all cutscenes.

EDIT: if instead you were talking about in-game missables, unrelated to trophies, then yeah, lots. :D

Edited by Kaiden90x

6 hours ago, Kaiden90x said:

To clarify, you *do* need to beat all the superbosses for the trophies, you just don't need to do it in a specific difficulty mode.

That's fine too, as I can just do the easiest difficulty and save myself the sanity. 😛

3 minutes ago, Kaiden90x said:

With New Game + you carry everything over (with the exception of treasure chest data for some reason) so if you're not in for the story you can do a second run in a single dy by skipping all cutscenes.

You're my savior! Are you female? I'm a guy so it'd be odd saying Marr... <_< <_< <_< Uh, nevermind. I'm just joking, but seriously, it's nice to know.

(Okay, jokes aside, I am a vet to NG+ games so I shouldn't be screaming in glee that you can carry almost everything over. I'll start a plan for platinuming this game.)

51 minutes ago, Kaiden90x said:

A couple trophies are missable if you don't trigger two subsequent events before a certain point. (The second event can't be missed if you trigger the first, as far as I'm aware.)

Apart from that, everything is not missable and can conceivably be done in one run, with the exception of story-related trophies for the protagonist you didn't choose and the characters you didn't recruit, so it's going to be two runs anyway (with a bit of recruitment planning if you don't know how to recruit them).

With New Game + you carry everything over (with the exception of treasure chest data for some reason) so if you're not in for the story you can do a second run in a single day by skipping all cutscenes.

EDIT: if instead you were talking about in-game missables, unrelated to trophies, then yeah, lots. :D

Thanks

Yes, i was just talking on a trophy side for the missable

Can you switch main character in new game + to get the other story trophy?

17 minutes ago, legrooos76 said:

Thanks

Yes, i was just talking on a trophy side for the missable

Can you switch main character in new game + to get the other story trophy?

Yes, you can start New Game + with the other protagonist and recruit the characters that you haven't in the first run. (I'm doing it right now in fact.)

Be advised though that there is a hard limit of 8 recruitable characters in a run (if you reach 8, any other characters you meet will automatically not join). 2 of those 8 are always the same, the 2 protagonists. Recruiting certain characters prevents you from recruiting certain others, that's why I was saying you might want to plan the recruitment so that you get all of them in the course of the 2 runs.

12 minutes ago, Kaiden90x said:

Yes, you can start New Game + with the other protagonist and recruit the characters that you haven't in the first run. (I'm doing it right now in fact.)

Be advised though that there is a hard limit of 8 recruitable characters in a run (if you reach 8, any other characters you meet will automatically not join). 2 of those 8 are always the same, the 2 protagonists. Recruiting certain characters prevents you from recruiting certain others, that's why I was saying you might want to plan the recruitment so that you get all of them in the course of the 2 runs.

Thanks for the info.

8 hours ago, Mintycookie69 said:

I put it down at 3/10 and 50 hours, though that depends on which difficulty you're playing (you can change at any time and it doesn't affect trophies) and how much story you skip in your second playthrough (which should be a lot since the story is largely the same for both protagonists, you need to complete the game with both of them).

Using the right gear and playing fast could probably bring it down to 2/10 and 40-45 hours. :) 

Appreciate the reply, thanks! Look forward to the guide!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mintycookie69 said:

Hi, thank you for submitting the guide! Just one question from my side, anything specific we have to do for the voices or it`s just finish the game with all characters and that`s it? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mintycookie69 said:

congrats! btw how did you divide each playthrough in terms of characters in each run?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, noyram23 said:

congrats! btw how did you divide each playthrough in terms of characters in each run?

personally I went with,

1st run, Rena - Claude - Celine - Ashton - Precis - Welch - Dias - Chisato.

I kinda want Ashton, Precis and Welch in 1 run since Precis+Welch is needed to unlock one of Welch special skill and Precis+Ashton for Precis special skill during the 2nd half of the game from their PAs.

2nd run, Claude - Rena - Celine (repeated choice) - Opera - Ernest - Bowman - Leon - Noel.

With this run, I have at least gotten each character to the end once for the voice collection trophy. So I did the remaining stuffs (postgame dungeon etc.) and went for the platinum.

Edited by WingedHao
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Tosnightmare said:

Hi, thank you for submitting the guide! Just one question from my side, anything specific we have to do for the voices or it`s just finish the game with all characters and that`s it? 

That's it! :) Two full playthroughs covering all recruitable characters will make the trophy pop. 

12 hours ago, noyram23 said:

This is the order I went with, and would recommend for best overall party synergy:

Playthrough 1: Rena: (Claude - joins automatically), Celine, Ashton, Welch, Precis, Dias, Chisato

Playthrough 2: Claude: (Rena - joins automatically), Opera, Bowman, Ernest, Leon, Noel, (Chisato - because I had one slot left and she's awesome, feel free to pick someone else for your second playthrough if you want)

You can of course switch the order and go Claude first and then Rena if you prefer. :) 

Edited by Mintycookie69
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Shinjiro120 said:

Oh god, this cooking minigame sucks..... anyone has tips? I think that's the hardest trophy for me :x

Before you start make sure you already have the keen kitchen knife key item and you are using someone with lvl10 at cooking + he/she need to have the cooking talent.

For the minigame itself, you need to get use to the timing. Fill up the ingredients and use the special ones first. Always use in 10 qty and try to get perfect score to get x2 bonus. If you are lucky, you can put enough pressure to knock out the opponent at the start with the special ingredients. If it doesn't then just keep repeating to increase your score till the timer runs out. Prioritize using special > normal ingredients whenever you can, rinse and repeat. Even if you did not ko your opponent with pressure, just by having some pressure in their meter will slow down their points as they will make more mistakes.

Edited by WingedHao

Guys maybe is stupid but for this trophies? Now I'm Really Ticked Off! 

On 11/6/2023 at 11:07 AM, WingedHao said:

personally I went with,

1st run, Rena - Claude - Celine - Ashton - Precis - Welch - Dias - Chisato.

I kinda want Ashton, Precis and Welch in 1 run since Precis+Welch is needed to unlock one of Welch special skill and Precis+Ashton for Precis special skill during the 2nd half of the game from their PAs.

2nd run, Claude - Rena - Celine (repeated choice) - Opera - Ernest - Bowman - Leon - Noel.

With this run, I have at least gotten each character to the end once for the voice collection trophy. So I did the remaining stuffs (postgame dungeon etc.) and went for the platinum.

I did first run Claude: Rena, Celine, Opera, Ernest, Leon, Preci, Chisato

Rena: Claude, Celine, Ashton, Welch, Bowman, Noel, Dias ( Celine again for Welch, if not you don't have four character for her and AP is gone after linga quest) I'dont care for the party i use only Claude with Aeterna+, Bloody Armour etc... And i crash EVERYTHING XD

Edited by Neme-ita

1 hour ago, vividamage123 said:

So I beat Claude's route and only got 5 endings... What's the trick to getting more... Because I'd hate to play renas and only get 5 more lmfao 

you can use the potions or books that affect the friendships between characters then fight the final boss again for different endings. There are solo and pair endings for each characters. There's also unique endings like the Celine one that can only be triggered from Rena side after viewing several PAs.

36 minutes ago, WingedHao said:

you can use the potions or books that affect the friendships between characters then fight the final boss again for different endings. There are solo and pair endings for each characters. There's also unique endings like the Celine one that can only be triggered from Rena side after viewing several PAs.

Okay so I can just use the clear data and make adjustments and beat the boss again? Thank you!