Trophy Thoughts

Eraezr

I'm kinda disappointed with the trophy list. I was hoping for trophies related to completing the item and enemy lists, all the stuff in the encyclopedias, basically. But we just get...a single uniques spot, and 15 endings. Nothing about beating the superbosses on Universe, either.

The platinum seems like a freebie as long as you recruit all the characters across your two playthrough.

Well, I've heard they put a lot of work into the game, which is good, because they put zero work into the trophies, even down to the lazy tiles. I will mention that if they got rid of the Opera combo, where you could just wear armor making you invincible while popping health from Opera's skills, Indalecio Celeste will be pretty difficult. Also, I don't know what "The Ten Wise Men Return" is.

Oh well. I'll still play it.

Edited by starcrunch061

2 minutes ago, FK-corporation said:

Also disappointed with the list, there is no difficulty like a lot of platinium today. No need to play in all difficulty modes. I don’t even know if we have to beat Heavenly Gabriel and the Ethereal Queen.

I think the Ethereal Queen (who I remember as Iseria Queen) is the one from Devil's Aura, and I would imagine that the "ultimate destroyer" is (who I call) Indalecio Celeste.

Edited by starcrunch061

13 minutes ago, serafh_sf said:

I saw that the digital version provides both the ps4 and ps5 version. I checked on psnprofiles, so far only the ps5 trophy list is up. Anyone know if the ps4 version will have a separate trophy list?

PS5 trophy lists are always separate from PS4 lists. 

I haven't played SO2 before but this looks like a fairly straightforward list. It seems fairly similar to the SO1 list which was pretty easy. There is a confirmed NG+ mode, so running through the game for your second playthrough will be much faster.

I look forward to finally completing my Star Ocean platinum collection. :)

20 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Estimate time for platinum and 100%? thx 

I don't know about new content, but Star Ocean 2 was a pretty short game back in the day. You could finish everything (optional dungeon and bosses) in around 30-40 hours. A single playthrough might be done in 20.

I would guess it will be on the shorter end, UNLESS the new content adds a lot of stuff. Probably not as short as First Departure, though.

The days of difficult and time consuming Star Ocean trophies are long gone and I am happy that they are. 

List seems simple enough, 2 playthroughs minimum. Might need to plan out the PA's to make sure you get 15 endings. But overall very excited to see how much they have improved imo the best Star Ocean

• Like 4

The trophies that jumped out at me when I glanced at the trophy list were:

- 15 endings ... this could require some work, no?

- Complete the voice collection ... uh, this could get extremely dicey if it has like 1,000+ entries including not only the 13 playable characters but also about half a dozen late game bosses... there are a TON of unique voice logs for example some of the combat ones where one character calls out another's if they fall... I'm not so sure about this one

- 100 challenge missions ... what does this mean?

- Catch fish trophy? Master Rod? What does this mean, og SO2 did not include fishing

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FK-corporation said:

I hate this simplification of trophies. I loved platinum Star Ocean The Last Hope, I even did it 2 times 😂

You're insane...lol. Seriously though, I would be fine with difficult trophies in this game but Last Hope was way, way over the edge. 

17 hours ago, serafh_sf said:

I saw that the digital version provides both the ps4 and ps5 version. I checked on psnprofiles, so far only the ps5 trophy list is up. Anyone know if the ps4 version will have a separate trophy list?

It’s up now.

Edited by MidnightDragon

I don't mind whether the trophies are easy or not. If you like the game just do all the extra stuff. That's what I did with the original. 

What I want to know is if they ever raised the damage limit per hit in this version. See in the original, it was pretty easy to reach that cap later in the game; it made mages and characters with low hit skills (cough Dias) less effective late game and pretty useless in the post game extra dungeon.