Psn store bug

pot1414

Using the psn store on ps4, I'm trying to buy theHunter from the recent sale and when I choose "add to cart" it takes me to a screen that says "choose a version" but it includes only the more expensive versions that include DLC content without the ability to choose just the base game. The I tried to get Shing! and the same thing happened.

I know how to buy the game through other means. I'm asking about the issue I encountered on the ps4 psn store.

Am I missing something or did they just botch this new "feature"?

Edited by pot1414
Making the question more clear

36 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

I love how the only two replies I got basically tell me to not bother.

Oh well...

Umm...

The first reply literally gave you a solution. Base game is right on the top. If the PSN store isn't working on the console then just do the next best thing. 

Edited by Vulpine9Tails
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

I love how the only two replies I got basically tell me to not bother.

Oh well...

Yeah, reading comprehension is not very strong here 🤣 

I've never had this happen to me but I'll take a look on the PS Store later tonight and see what happens for me!

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

44 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

Umm...

The first reply literally gave you a solution. Base game is right on the top. If the PSN store isn't working on the console then just do the next best thing. 

5 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

How is giving you an alternative option to buy it which does allow you to purchase just the base game telling you to not bother?

My question is how to solve the ps4 store problem, not how to buy the game. I already know how to do that through other means lol.

Maybe I should have been more clear on that.

Edited by pot1414

6 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

Bruh, do you expect one of use to get a job as a sony engineer and fix the ps4 store? You were complaining about not being able to buy the base game. You were given a way to buy the base game. This is a non-issue.

Bruv the question is "Am I missing something or did they just botch this new "feature"". How did you even get this...

I wasn't complaining, I was just describing the issue I encountered to see if I was missing something or Sony botched it. I don't expect anyone to fix it lmao.

After the first two replies I assumed that people didn't know about this issue and was ready to move on with my life and then I return and find this.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just a bit flabbergasted.

Oh well...

Edited by pot1414
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

This sounded a bit rude considering people were trying to help:

Very passive aggressive. Restart your console. If that doesn't work just buy it through the website like everyone here has told you. 

I just found it funny because I asked about the bug and they told me to use another platform which implies to not bother with it.

Passive aggressive wasn't my intention but I can see how it could be interpreted as such. Poe's law at play here.

I already bought the game before opening the thread and wasn't asking about that so what everyone here has told me isn't important.

Restarting the console didn't work.

I just think it is weird that I'm the only one who has encountered this bug.

Edited by pot1414
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, modest_undue1 said:

Why are you being rude to other members? They're just trying to help.

I didn't read his responses as being rude personally.

What I read was basically "I'm having an issue with the PSN Store, how can I fix it?"

And the responses were "don't use the store, use these links instead."

If I was in his shoes, I would have been a bit frustrated too because he's looking for a console PS Store solution, not an alternative website to visit. I didn't think his response was rude at all, he just wanted a solution on the console itself, which neither response proved useful in this circumstance.

I haven't had this issue happen to me though, but maybe because I haven't been playing the same games as OP. I'll try with the exact games he mentioned when I eventually get online!

• Like 2