PSA: Doing Co-Op trophies 'Solo'

JimKillington

Interesting! I can see how some trophies should be simple enough like this, but please can you explain a bit things like consuming the same animal together? Did you do the kill with one player and then that one waits around at the kill site while you then run the other player to the same location? I can't imagine how else you'd do it...?

Also, we're you hiding the inactive player like up trees or at camp sites or could you leave them out in the open?

Yeah, with consuming the same animal I'd just park whoever killed it over the corpse and run the other Lara to them. In fact, when the two were close by I'd generally do that anyway, save some time feeding both. The beacons make it easy to see where your 'partner' is.

Didn't really need to hide when inactive, if you stay in one spot usually a lot of wildlife spawns (for the early days at least), and not a lot of enemies. But I had one console on each monitor, so it was easy for me to see if I needed to act; and on the lowest difficulty, you get plenty of time to switch controllers.

Yeah, with consuming the same animal I'd just park whoever killed it over the corpse and run the other Lara to them. In fact, when the two were close by I'd generally do that anyway, save some time feeding both. The beacons make it easy to see where your 'partner' is.

Didn't really need to hide when inactive, if you stay in one spot usually a lot of wildlife spawns (for the early days at least), and not a lot of enemies. But I had one console on each monitor, so it was easy for me to see if I needed to act; and on the lowest difficulty, you get plenty of time to switch controllers.

I think marking, then killing, the targets is the only one that required some relatively quick switching, but it wasn't too bad. And only having to time it with yourself, rather than someone else, probably offsets the inconvenience.

49 minutes ago, mattPilky69 said:

This is really good to hear.  I just started my playthrough of the base game, and I was a little worried about not being able to get these.  Does the alt account need PS+ to play?  Or can it be played without PS+?

Yes but there is a loophole of sorts. My brother and I both have a PS4 and by making his PS4 my Primary PS4, he has access to PS+ online. I have access PS+ on my PS4 as long as I am signed in online. PS5 also has the Primary console thing. So with 1 Plus account you can do this since other users on a Primary console have some access to PS+.

Edited by da-Noob123

On 11/22/2023 at 5:06 AM, da-Noob123 said:

Yes but there is a loophole of sorts. My brother and I both have a PS4 and by making his PS4 my Primary PS4, he has access to PS+ online. I have access PS+ on my PS4 as long as I am signed in online. PS5 also has the Primary console thing. So with 1 Plus account you can do this since other users on a Primary console have some access to PS+.

^ This is correct; my alt account has nothing, not ownership of the game or PS+, but because both the PS4 and PS5 are the main consoles of my core account, it gets the same privileges on those consoles.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JimKillington said:

^ This is correct; my alt account has nothing, not ownership of the game or PS+, but because both the PS4 and PS5 are the main consoles of my core account, it gets the same privileges on those consoles.

Rad, thanks for the info.  I'm working through the single-player trophies at the moment, and I'll save the endurance co-op for the end.  Have my main PS4 and PS5, so I should be good

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, FontenelIe said:

So I can get all multiplayer/online trophies by myself ? 

Yes, if you have two systems.  I haven’t gone for them yet, but if you’d rather do them co-op I’d be up for making a time to play if you’re interested?  I’m in the US

This is the kind of thing I do often in games if I can couch coop, but I only have 1 PS4 and 1 PS3, so I can't self boost that way (though I did do it once on PS3 by borrowing a friends console for a weekend, lol).  I really prefer self boosting these kinds of trophies anyway, as trying with randoms is impossible and I almost never have friends playing the games I play as far after release as I usually play them.  However - and quite ironically - the one game in which I DID have a friend available, was this game :P  He's a super casual gamer though, usually doesn't even get halfway through the story of a game before he moves on, and doesn't care about trophies in the least.  But somehow I got him to help me with the Endurance DLC trophies for this game about 6 years ago now.  Though it's quite sad to look at his trophy list for the game as he has 100% for this DLC, but then only 25% for the base game, 7% for Baba Yaga, and 0% for everything else.  

• Like 3