nenugalimas' platinum collection.

nenugalimas

Added to the list:

1L66eed4.png

PlayStation All-stars Battle Royale (Vita):

I really didn't enjoy this game, it just seemed mediocre in every aspect. The online was especially unenjoyable especially with all the obnoxious players online... Definitely not something that I will continue to play.

Trophy wise, the game is very easy and can be done in as little as a few hours.

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 4/10

1Lf33fa6.png

Everybody's golf:

A fun little game with plenty of courses, characters and unlockables. It was quite enjoyable for the most part.

Trophy wise its nothing too difficult though it does rely on luck a lot more than I would have liked.

Difficulty: 6/10

Enjoyment: 7/10

1L1907a5.png

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning:

A brilliant game that I have been putting off for way too long. Its one of those gems that was incredibly enjoyable from start to finish. Its definitely a game worth experiencing.

As far as trophies are concerned, it is simple yet time consuming.

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 10/10

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Added to the list, first platinum of 2015:

1L1f7639.png

RESOGUN (Vita):

A wonderful shmup, with lots of action, explosions and awesomeness. The game runs remarkably well on the vita and I haven't encountered a single drop in frame rate. This was a pleasant surprise considering that this is a port. Overall a very nice game and something Im going to continue to play even after getting the platinum.

Trophy wise its simple enough, only trophy that gave me trouble was getting x15 multiplier, which wasn't too bad either.

Enjoyment: 9/10 

• Like 2

1L1f7639.png

RESOGUN (Vita):

A wonderful shmup, with lots of action, explosions and awesomeness. The game runs remarkably well on the vita and I haven't encountered a single drop in frame rate. This was a pleasant surprise considering that this is a port. Overall a very nice game and something Im going to continue to play even after getting the platinum.

Trophy wise its simple enough, only trophy that gave me trouble was getting x15 multiplier, which wasn't too bad either.

Congrats, nice plat :). I have it downloaded but it has to take a back seat until after my mystery 9000th trophy :). Then I will get to enjoy it

• Like 1

1L1f7639.png

RESOGUN (Vita):

Awesome new platinum buddy xD i loved the game on ps4. Since its available to me on my Vita, I'll probably replay it sometime this year
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Added to the list:

1Lb9d9e3.png

The Darkness II:

I really enjoyed the darkness, it was well paced, interesting and above all had very satisfying gameplay filled with fancy executions, tearing of limbs and slicing of enemies. The story while not extraordinary was enthralling and proved to be quite fascinating, I really enjoyed playing through it. The art style was also interesting and matched the game perfectly. The only gripe I had with this game were some unskippable cutscenes, that got in my way of butchering endless lines of enemies (Or was it friends?... Actually its not important, they died honorably)

Overall a very good experience with an incredibly easy platinum.

1Lc94a74.png

Crysis 3:

Crysis 3 is a great FPS title. It had a solid story, well developed characters and most importantly had very satisfying gameplay. The singleplayer was truly well done.

Unfortunately I can't say that I feel the same way about the multiplayer. While it's not bad per se, it suffered from balancing and connectivity issues. It also didn't help that its a wasteland, there were only a few people that still played the game and most game modes were completely dead. This might have been fun back when the game was new, however now, its not really.

Trophy wise its fairly straight forward and can be done in less than 20 hours. Nice and easy, just the way I like it.

Difficulty: 3/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

• 2 months later...

Added to the list:

1L6ca8d8.png

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin:

While this game was good, I really couldn't find much enjoyment in it. I came to realize that I'm not the most stealthy of people and get bored remarkably quickly having to play inconspicuously. Honestly the only part of the platinum that I had fun with was chasing after civilians with the golf club. Unfortunately the game doesn't give too many opportunities to do that.

Trophy wise, the game is easy enough though the professional difficulty can get rather tedious.

Enjoyment: 4/10 

1Lc25c88.png

Velocity 2X (Vita):

A great sequel to the first game. It improved on the original in pretty much every aspect. The gameplay is smooth, well made and very enjoyable. Complimented by solid level design and soundtrack it makes for a very good experience. A great game for the vita.

Trophy wise its challenging but nothing too hard. Getting the perfect medals on some levels is quite taxing but can be completed with enough patience.

Difficulty: 5/10

Enjoyment: 9.5/10

1Lf681b6.png

Muramasa Rebirth:

Muramasa Rebirth is an excellently crafted game with a good story, interesting characters and very satisfying gameplay. I had a great time playing through it.

Trophy wise its fairly simple but time consuming. Fury mode was a nice challenge but nothing too hard.

Difficulty: 4/10

• 1 month later...

Added to the list:

1L9a0beb.png

The Hungry Horde:

THH is a fun little game to kill time. It provides senseless entertainment much like most mobile games do. Lacking any sort of story its main draw is the arcade style gameplay in which the player is tasked to kill as many humans as possible within the time limit. Admittedly it proved to be quite addictive. That being said the game suffers from massive frame rate drops and many other performance issues. This ruined the experience quite a bit for me. It also suffers from an odd glitch which causes all zombies to simply die ending the run, it got very annoying when going after high scores.

Trophy wise its nothing difficult just a long grind.

Enjoyment: 6/10

1L4e8e52.png

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel:

Personally I find it difficult to understand why this game draws so much negativity. This game is just as good as BL2 IMO. Its fun, well paced and overall a fun game to play. The only gripe that I have with it are the immense difficulty spikes that this game has every so often, particularly the deadlift fight.

Trophy wise its fairly grindy and time consuming. Aside from that its simple enough.

1L2a7804.png

Killzone Mercenary:

KZM is one of the better games on the vita providing tight gameplay and a fairly decent story. Single player wise, it was a good time throughout. The multiplayer on the other hand just didn't work, after getting constantly dropped from matches I was eventually forced to buy the DLC just to complete the 100 matches.

Trophy wise the game is easy but extremely grindy, the 10000 kill trophy was especially annoying.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Its been a really long time since I updated this checklist. Here's 3 more to the list.

1Lcde237.png

Frozen Synapse Prime:

An interesting turn based strategy game. It has a similar format to the missions in XCOM but is much more complex. The amount of choices and actions available are really impressive and give plenty of ways to approach different situations. It does however grow monotonous as this is the only thing that can be done in the game. The biggest complaint with this game is the online. The servers would go down almost every half hour and stay off for a lot longer. Made the online trophies very annoying. 

Trophy wise its fairly easy. Quite surprising that its so rare.

Difficulty: 4/10

Enjoyment: 6/10

1L88ae8c.png

Mirrors Edge:

A magnificent game that was a blast to play from start to finish. Really enjoyed this one. It was super generous of EA to give this for free.

Trophy wise its challenging but nothing too bad.

1L69b47c.png

Toukiden: The Age of Demons:

As a game that is essentially a Monster Hunter knock off, this proved to be quite decent fun. Theres loads to do and see, giving it massive replay value. The problem that I had with this game is the lack of difficulty which MH has. Since the game is so easy, grinding for equipment becomes pretty redundant which takes away quite a bit of its charm and in general makes the game pretty unrewarding. That being said, theres still 100s of hours worth of content in the game, which for the most part is enjoyable.

Trophy wise this game is a bloody grind fest. It took me 285 hours to finish it, making it one of my grindiest platinums. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added to the list:

1Lf3db47.png

Earth Defense Force 2:

Had a great time with this one much like with 2017. The game is really enjoyable for the most part though there are a few parts where it does get a little annoying like the final boss fight but as a whole its a satisfying game to play. That being said Im not a fan of the number of missions that were reused from 2017. It felt like every other mission Ive already played before...

Trophy wise its quite the grind, took me 300 hours to finish everything. I did have a pretty bad time with the RNG though. I feel like it could be done in ~200 hours with the right drops.

Difficulty: 7/10

1L85cbca.png

Hitman Contracts:

I liked this one a lot more than SA. It was less unpredictable and much more stable. There were still some moments when the game randomly flipped out but for the most part the game did exactly what it was intended to do. Quite an enjoyable experience. 

Trophy wise Contacts is fairly simple. Getting all weapons can be a nuisance though.

• 1 month later...

Been putting this game off for a long time, but finally got around to finishing it.

Added to the list:

1L5670e9.png

Twisted Metal:

Twisted metal can be fun at times but I found myself not really enjoying it. The gameplay was too erratic and unpredictable to provide consistent entertainment. A lot of the features felt very mediocre in its implementation, making them fun at times but a major annoyance in the majority of occasions. 

Trophy wise the game is fairly easy but the MP trophies are a major pain in the ass. The MP which is a mess to begin with just HAD to have really broken trophies that make boosting an absolute necessity. Fortunately all the trophies unlocked when they had to. I would've been livid if it glitched after all that effort.

Enjoyment: 5/10

Added to the list:

1L691db2.png

Child of Eden: 

I started off absolutely hating the game but I ended up quite enjoying it towards the end. Its still not something that Id choose to play for fun but its definitely not as bad as my initial impression led me to believe. My biggest issue with it is the lack of gameplay customization and various quality of life features. One would think that a game that emphasizes going after high scores would have a restart level option so you'd be able to quickly restart if you make a mistake, not this game. Apparently it makes more sense to have to back out into the menu and launching the level again smh... 

I also found some parts of the game, particularly the first level to have way to many bright flashing colors. I ended up getting headaches after like 30 minutes of playtime. Which is, as far as I can remember the first time a game had made me physically ill. I ended up solving the problem by turning my TV brightness down, but its still an annoying thing to have to deal with.

In spite of all my complaints and my lack of enjoyment with it, id still recommend the game. It is quite a unique and interesting experience. Its worth at least giving it a playthrough IMO.

Difficulty: 6/10

Enjoyment: 5/10