There Be Dragons glitched

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question for the posters here... have you only tried the Vassalization method? (lending fleet to Vassal then getting it back to pass 13 dragons). A couple of guides I have read have random events working together to get to 13 dragons (Elder Drake + Shard). Moreover, has anyone tried to get exactly 13 dragons? So, get 11x, lend to Vassal, make 2x new dragons, then have the 11 go back.

I have done 3 maps that result in 12x without vassalization (as reported here, the vassalization does not work). I have found Shard twice and Elder Drake once. 

So, I've not tried a method other than vassalization. That said, the requirements for trophies are often directly visible in the PC version of the game via the achievements.txt file. That file lists the requirement as:

happened = {
		count_owned_ship = {
			limit = {
				is_dragon = yes
				solar_system = { is_capital_system = yes }
			}
			count >= 13
		}
	}

That seems to make it pretty clear that the requirement doesn't care about the dragon's type or having exactly 13. It is certainly possible that this was changed for the PS4 version of the game, but given that the equivalent achievement on XBox One has been earned and achievement guides for it cite the vassalization technique and that the console versions are otherwise identical, I strongly suspect that the underlying cause is whatever connects Stellaris's internal achievement system into the platform-specific trophy back-end for PS4.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2024 at 3:48 AM, guyblade said:

So, I've not tried a method other than vassalization. That said, the requirements for trophies are often directly visible in the PC version of the game via the achievements.txt file. That file lists the requirement as:

That seems to make it pretty clear that the requirement doesn't care about the dragon's type or having exactly 13. It is certainly possible that this was changed for the PS4 version of the game, but given that the equivalent achievement on XBox One has been earned and achievement guides for it cite the vassalization technique and that the console versions are otherwise identical, I strongly suspect that the underlying cause is whatever connects Stellaris's internal achievement system into the platform-specific trophy back-end for PS4.

Great insight! 

It did no harm to try! Unfortunately it is completely bugged. I had a map with Ether Drake, Shard and the Young Drake, plus my 11 dragons. No pop. Bummer that this is what is holding back the 100% for this :( 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep checking the Paradox forums and dev diaries and there’s no news that I can find. Can’t even find any record of them acknowledging the issue.

I have a theory on why it’s broken though which may be total nonsense but I think is at least plausible since the Xbox achievement works fine.

I always thought PS4 trophy lists were limited to 125 trophies and beyond that you have the second list for additional expansions (like we now have for Toxoids and future DLCs). There Be Dragons is the 126th trophy on the base list. There are other trophy lists that have over 125 (Minecraft base list has 127) but I’m not sure if Sony and/or the developer have to do something to make that work?

Probably just clutching at straws and will now go back to CK3 while I wait and hope that they fix this in the next patch, whenever that may be…

8 minutes ago, splatacus said:

I keep checking the Paradox forums and dev diaries and there’s no news that I can find. Can’t even find any record of them acknowledging the issue.

I have a theory on why it’s broken though which may be total nonsense but I think is at least plausible since the Xbox achievement works fine.

I always thought PS4 trophy lists were limited to 125 trophies and beyond that you have the second list for additional expansions (like we now have for Toxoids and future DLCs). There Be Dragons is the 126th trophy on the base list. There are other trophy lists that have over 125 (Minecraft base list has 127) but I’m not sure if Sony and/or the developer have to do something to make that work?

Probably just clutching at straws and will now go back to CK3 while I wait and hope that they fix this in the next patch, whenever that may be…

It's an interesting theory but I seriously doubt it's the cause, else every other game with outsized lists would have problems as well. Also, Sony's trophy list rules have grown increasingly nonsensical and vague over the years so I wouldn't take them as gospel any more. Unless someone can look into the code and see what the trigger actually says, I'm inclined to believe the problem is either the trophy trigger not even being in the game at all or the devs got lazy and simply cocked it up when porting the code from other versions of the game so didn't check it properly to ensure the trigger actually works.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 3/22/2024 at 12:32 PM, Kallume said:

Anyone checked for patch announcements or are we boned until maybe the next DLC drop?

My best guess is when season pass 6 fully drops and Paradox starts working on getting Astral Planes and Machine age onto PSN. So probably a fix late 2024 or sometime in 2025. Stellaris on PSN is usually a year behind on content.

• Like 2