Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2024

54 minutes ago, Lenzsotic1 said:

After one entire month i am back with another :platinum: :

S114bfe.png LEGO 2K Drive

Overall, the game is very versatile with its open world and the many different things you can do. The general feel of the game is really good and you have a lot of fun racing through the open world very quickly. The races are fun but at the same time not easy in some places. The only thing that breaks the game is the "6K Drive" trophy, which also caused me to take 80 hours to play this game. But overall I would say for LEGO fans this platinum trophy is worth owning.

IMG-1990.jpg

List:

2705.png 1/10:  LOST WORDS: BEYOND THE PAGE

2705.png 2/10: MARVEL´S SPIEDER-MAN: MILES MORALES (https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/marvel-spider-man-miles-morales/guide/)

2705.png 3/10: FAR CRY: NEW DAWN

2705.png 4/10: LEGO 2K DRIVE (PSNP)

274e.png 5/10: HOTLINE MIAMI (PSNP)

274e.png 6/10: MORTAL SHELL

274e.png 7/10: CONAN EXILES (PSNP)

274e.png 8/10: TRIALS OF THE BLOOD DRAGON

274e.png 9/10: THE EVIL WITHIN

274e.png 10/10: Hollow Knight (https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/hollow-knight-eu/overview/)

I had to replace Resident Evil 7 with Hotline Miami because the game is no longer available on PS+, making this my first switch of a game in this challenge.

Having to switch to Hotline Maimi is a blessing in disguise. Hotline Miami is one of the best indie games ever made :D 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Do you have a link to where FF XIV is an 8/10? I believe it, just haven't seen the platinum rated that high. I'd like the link so I can add it to the resources section.

Yeah, sure. Here it is Final Fantasy XIV 8/10. Although now that I looked closer, also found it as a 10/10 here, so I might change it for that difficulty. Although honestly I don't get why, besides the time needed for the platinum and the grind.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MattbluePT said:

Yeah, sure. Here it is Final Fantasy XIV 8/10. Although now that I looked closer, also found it as a 10/10 here, so I might change it for that difficulty. Although honestly I don't get why, besides the time needed for the platinum and the grind.

NICE!!! Ok I'll add it to Resources as both an 8 and a 10. Thanks!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

snip

Here's the badges it sees I qualify for

PoKXZWi.pngFanboy- dead nation 

vivrpJz.png Fresh starter

ZMyUIcs.png No Plat No Problem wheel of fortunesuper stardust hd

Ultra-Rare.gif 1%er   super meat boystreet fighter 4

69OYObd.pngPeripheral Master deadnation vita 

Top-10.gif top ten- super meat boy

Think that's all of them :). For the project thing I'll have a look at it, i really want to plat all my ff games I own at some point so that might help :). Thank for the heads up I'll switch out one the them and leave it for another list xD 

• Like 3

@Rebourne07 Do games listed in this topic count for the Loyalty badge even if difficulty rating changed in the meantime?

I was thinking of playing the MGS Collection and wondering if I would replace SMB with MGS 2 for Top Ten if I like it enough. Unfortunately there is no guide on PSNP yet and I would need to find another 10/10 so I was looking at my options.

Edited by Shyjun
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah, anything in that topic works great. I'll add it to the resources tab tomorrow as well!

And yes MGS2 is a 10/10 regardless of whether you do the PS3 Version or the PS4/PS5 Version

Actually this topic is already in the resources tab, that's where I found it.

I just have to find out which will be the least infuriating to plat between MGS2 and SMB now 😅

I don't think I will have the patience or skill for the other Top Ten games. Even those two will be a real challenge but I will try!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Shyjun said:

@Galecove Better noticing now than later: I saw that you have two versions of the same game on your first list (Dead Nation). If I am not mistaken, there is a rule saying they should be on two separate lists. I will let @Rebourne07 confirm if it is still the case this year.

You are off to a very good start so good luck for your next games!

Thanks for the heads up I wasn't aware of that rule but not a big deal I'll gladly switch out one of them if that's the case :) 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Galecove said:

Thanks for the heads up I wasn't aware of that rule but not a big deal I'll gladly switch out one of them if that's the case :) 

Yeah, swap one of the Dead Nations for something else. You're already on the Leaderboard so I'll just leave you up there for now. Just lemme know when you complete something else that can you can use to do the swap. Thanks :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Shyjun said:

A new update from me as I completed 3 more games. I am now on 38/50 games completed!

I finally finished my playthrough of FF VIII. I never really played any of the old school Final Fantasy apart from the first few hours for some of them so I had to get used to the combat system a lot at the beginning. But now that I have finished it, I understand why some people love this one so much as the characters and their interactions were really interesting. Only two more games to go on list 3!

On list 4, I completed Callisto Protocol. None of my 7/10 games were fitting for the minesweeper list so I decided to play this game since it didn't seem very long even if I am not a big fan of the survival horror genre. I usually play these games on easy and never plat them because the ambience is too stressful for me. So it was a bit of a challenge at first going in, but once I realised how abusable and broken the system combat was, I was relieved and knew I could push to the end. Same as list 3, only two more games to go on this list as well!

On list 5, I completed a really quick game, I.Q Intelligent Qube. I don't know from where the rating comes from, but it must have been rated without taking into account the rewind and save feature that makes the final stage easy to complete. It is kind of a 3D minesweeper and was quite interesting to play as I like mind games a lot. Too bad it was edited by Sony and can't fit into the minesweeper list, it would have been great thematically 😅

Also I need a confirmation @Rebourne07: when i posted my hard mode list, I included Moonscars as an 8/10 from the trophy guide rating of metagame. While going through my list for updating, I just saw that the trophy guide rating has gone from 8/10 to 4/10 (maybe the algorithm was based on old data and updated recently). Can I still use it or do I have to replace it? I tried to see if there was a save of the older version on the internet but could not find it. I was planning to play it next so I may as well asked to know if I save it for after the challenge or not.

To avoid this situation, I will list below the ratings that I intend to use from metagame on my remaining games or completed games that I could bump from 7/10 to 8/10 like Monster Boy or I.Q to optimise badges in the end.

List 3 (8/10) Series Master + Roulette

Hide contents

1/10: Snakeybus 13/02/2024

2/10: Final Fantasy VIII (poll average 2.73, 50h) 26/04/2024

3/10: A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV 21/01/2024

4/10: Mass Effect 2 (poll average 4) 18/01/2024

5/10: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion 22/02/2024

6/10: Mass Effect: Legendary Edition 27/01/2014

7/10: Mass Effect: Andromeda

8/10: Dead By Daylight Additional Chapters 100% 18/03/2024

9/10: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

10/10: Alien Rage (poll most voted) 07/04/2024

New badges to earn on this list: Brownie Points, Old School, Series Conqueror, Series Master, Rebourne Roulette, %er

List 4 (8/10) Minesweeper

Hide contents

1/10: The Gardens Between (PS4) 23/03/2024

2/10: Roki (PS5) 07/04/2024

3/10: Kingdom Hearts III (PS4) 28/03/2024

4/10: Mass Effect 3 (PS4, game difficulty from metagame is 4) 28/01/2024

5/10: Alan Wake 2 (PS5, game difficulty from metagame is 4.5) 09/03/2024

6/10: The Messenger (PS4, poll most voted) 25/03/2024

7/10: The Callisto Protocol (PS5) 26/04/2024

8/10: Rollerdrome (PS5) 08/04/2024

9/10: Lies of P or Metal Gear Solid (MCV1) or Metal Gear Solid 3 (MCV1) or Salt and Sacrifice (PS5)

10/10:Metal Slug Anthology (PS4, poll most voted)

List 5 (2/10) Hard Mode

Hide contents

7/10: Blasphemous 22/04/2024

7/10: I.Q Intelligent Qube 24/04/2024

7/10: Sifu

7/10: The Talos Principle

7/10: Thymesia (game difficulty from metagame is 6.5)

7/10: Salt and Sanctuary (game difficulty from metagame is 6.5)

7/10: Mortal Shell

8/10:  Moonscars

9/10: Hollow Knight

10/10: Super Meat Boy or Metal Gear Solid 2 (MCV1)

I will try to get to 40 games before the end of the month if I don't get stuck on anything.

Congratulations on beating the greatest game ever made, FFVIII! :) Yeah you can still do Moonscars as an 8. Good find on MGS1 as a 9 :)

• Like 4