Nintendo Reveals its E3 Plans Don't Include Live Conference

Crisis001

Somehow, I'm not surprised by this, especially with the poor sales of the Wii U:

Nintendo will not hold a live press conference at E3 2014 once again, opting instead to stream a "Digital Event" online.

The event will be available to watch on Tuesday June 10 at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 5pm GMT and will apparently "reveal and provide further detail about the gaming experiences on the way for Nintendo platforms in 2014 and beyond."

They did the same last year, but at least, the games they announced were good ones, like Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze among others.

Even so, I don't think it means the end of Nintendo!

• Like 1

I think if Nintendo really wanted to try to convince us to buy a Wii U, they'd have a live conference, admit their mistakes they've made with the WII U, and promise us they'll fix it. It's almost like they're trying to avoid bringing up the issue when in fact, I think they should address it directly.

Nintendo could also try and bring back nostalgia of the N64 and try to re-release "remastered" games from their best gaming era. I think SSB is a good system seller, but I think they should have pushed for its development sooner...

As for the 3DS, Streaming an event online is perfect. They've sold millions of 3DSs and focusing on games should be their only priority. It's almost like they're giving up on the WII U, 

• Like 1

According to a few Nintendo fanboys I've had the displeasure of speaking to, Nintendo cares about their community and that is why they are choosing to do it this way. Apparently doing something online where the fans have absolutely no interaction with them is them caring more than actually coming to an event and being with their fans.  :rolleyes:

Either way, I really couldn't care less if they come or not. I just want some good games for my Wii U.

Parker

• Like 2

I feel like Nintendo needs to announce a new console or something and admit that the Wii U was a failure. No need to keep supporting that dead weight while all the third party support and enthusiasm is on the other consoles.

I do think they need to accept that the Wii U is failing but I'm not so sure I'd call it a failure yet. Remember, the PS3 had a pretty rough start too and I don't think anyone out there would call it a failure now. 

Nintendo have already screwed themselves out of third party support for the Wii U, at least any meaningful support that is. They may get third party games on the system but they'll be watered down shitty ports just like what we experienced with the Wii. What Nintendo need to do is get their shit together and start pumping out some good Nintendo games. Nintendo has some awesome franchises and if they want the Wii U to start selling they need to release a new Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero and the like. Put all your resources into awesome games and the Wii U still has a chance to be a good console. I doubt this is what they're planning though. 

One of the reasons Sega had to drop out of the console game is because they kept releasing so many consoles in such a short period of time. If Nintendo ditches the Wii U this early and makes another console they could easily go down the same road as Sega. Though honestly, I'd love that. 

Parker

• Like 1

What Nintendo need to do is get their shit together and start pumping out some good Nintendo games. Nintendo has some awesome franchises and if they want the Wii U to start selling they need to release a new Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero and the like. Put all your resources into awesome games and the Wii U still has a chance to be a good console.

Agree with this completely

Not so much Zelda, but they have so many other franchises that they either completely abandon or rarely use to their full potential when given the chance. What will get people into the system is games that they want to play, and it's like they just don't want to deliver for some reason, instead they'll go straight for the 3DS.

I'm not even just asking to bring back old titles into the next gen and renew them, even new fun and interesting IP's are welcome too. Anything at this point to focus people's attention to the system.

Edited by Incinerator

Nintendo has some awesome franchises and if they want the Wii U to start selling they need to release a new Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero and the like. Put all your resources into awesome games and the Wii U still has a chance to be a good console. I doubt this is what they're planning though. 

Earthbound! At the very least, localizations of Mother 1 and 3.  Also buy Banjo back from Microsoft, they're ruining him.

One good move would be to bring more Nintendo, Super Nintendo games like there doing with Gameboy Advance, but an even better addition would be some Nintendo 64 and Gamecube games.  We have yet to see any pop up on Wii U.

No a good move would be new games to bring in new fans, not the same games we have been playing for the past 20 years.

• Like 2