EA announces F1 server closures effective 21 March 2024

joerevs300

All the PS3 F1 games (except for 2010 curiously) online servers will be shut down effective 21 March 2024.

The two big games this poses problems for are F1 2012 and 2013, in which you have to win the constructors (easy) and the drivers championship (not easy) in coop.

I've completed the requirements for F1 2010, 2011 and 2014.  I still need the Driver Coop Championship for 2012 and 13

For those that did 12 and 13 in coop with a dummy/idle partner, what advice would you give?  I tried using setups, etc but there were some tracks I couldn't stop spinning out on, and rain was a nightmare.

I also have all the F1 games (15-22) as well I will never own F1-23 LOL

Edited by Stevieboy

10 minutes ago, MadEdders95 said:

Assuming it is indeed EA calling the shots, I find it a bit odd it's taken longer for them to close down than the likes of Madden and Fifa. The latter with Fifa 11 for example seemed to have closed in 2013

Well, i think ea took over codemasters like 2 years or so ago, before that, they had no say in server closures i think

1 hour ago, MadEdders95 said:

Assuming it is indeed EA calling the shots, I find it a bit odd it's taken longer for them to close down than the likes of Madden and Fifa. The latter with Fifa 11 for example seemed to have closed in 2013

These are Codemasters games, not EA ones. Seems like since EA bought CM, they now have the rights to the servers of their games.

2 hours ago, Rewemarkt66 said:

curious why 2010 doesn't seem affected. Maybe hey thought of us hunters knowing 2010 takes forever getting the mp trophies XD

F1 2010 uses peer to peer (i.e. no need for a central server) so will remain active. Great game too, still holds up well today.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Ruben-Ocampo said:

F1 2012 was released with a digital version or only a physical version?

It should be both (I have a psychical promocopy somewhere). Digital version is delisted a long time ago. Along with the online pass.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone else in trouble to connect to the servers?

Very often I see an error message: “Session already closed” and my coop colleague can’t join the session and vice versa if he send me the invite neither can I join his. We tried over 15-20 minutes with no success.

I could play once in the last week with a countryman late at night…

Edited by bgoede
Amend to the text

57 minutes ago, bgoede said:

Anyone else in trouble to connect to the servers?

Very often I see an error message: “Session already closed” and my coop colleague can’t join the session and vice versa if he send me the invite neither can I join his. We tried over 15-20 minutes with no success.

I could play once in the last week with a countryman late at night…

I'm pretty sure the championships are p2p and the connection errors you are seeing are between you and your partner. One telltale sign that it's p2p is that when the host disconnects, the message on the screen is "<person> disconnected, migrating host". 

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Aren't all F1 games on PS3 p2p? When I self boosted them all I'm sure everything was player hosted. 

Only F1 2010 is fully p2p (so should be OK after the closures). All the others (F1 2011 to F1 2014) will be go offline this week sadly.

F1 2011 and F1 2012 also have the dreaded VIP pass needed for online.

Been working my through 2011 and 2012 but I'm burnt out with F1 games so probably won't 100% any others now.