Skull & Bones releasing February 16, 2024 (or is it?)

MidnightDragon

• 2 weeks later...

February is a somewhat heavy month:

Lets hope the game its fun and its worth all the trouble for the people that worked in the proyect, but after many things in videogame industry that crapped the fan in 2023, we need to go with an open mind that anything can happen

On 12/17/2023 at 8:31 PM, ConAir said:

After all the negativity, I will be very surprised if this game will be worth my time and money.

A lot of the negativity is manufactured bandwagoning. People complaining "all they had to do was add off ship combat" over and over again. It was never meant to be an open world pirate RPG. It is and always has been a ship combat game. People have been crying about it since it was announced because its not the game they want.

After playing the early tests, I was disappointed but the newest beta was actually really enjoyable.

2 hours ago, oIMyersIo said:

A lot of the negativity is manufactured bandwagoning. People complaining "all they had to do was add off ship combat" over and over again. It was never meant to be an open world pirate RPG. It is and always has been a ship combat game. People have been crying about it since it was announced because its not the game they want.

After playing the early tests, I was disappointed but the newest beta was actually really enjoyable.

I hope that all the extended development time pays off for Ubisoft. I may have low expectations, but I liked to be surprised if it ends otherwise. 

On 12/31/2023 at 11:19 AM, oIMyersIo said:

The issue wasn't that it was just an on sea's combat game...the issue was that the original game they showed looked like they took JUST the Naval Combat from AC4 and called it a game. It had no identity because it was literally just assets from another game. But even then AC4 works because you get time away from the ship, you get time to do other things. So basically telling us we're on the Jackdaw 100% of the time wasn't appealing to a lot of people. Being an open world RPG might not be what it needed, but it definitely needed something more than just stealing a whole gameplay element from its sister series. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you have your Twitch linked to your Ubisoft account and watch Skull & Bones streams with drops enabled for an hour, you unlock a snow leopard pet. I went ahead and watched it. If I ever play it, need that pet! And I may play some of the beta this weekend if I have time.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 4:03 PM, Jeanolt said:

I hope it turns out horrible. Let this be a lesson to Ubisoft. 

This is a literal manual of "how to do everything wrong" with a game, the marketing, the target, etc. They also lied people with the release on PS4.

What an odd take, I can’t understand why you would want something to be bad. 
why wouldn’t you want every game to be good and then we would have more good games to play. Odd 

27 minutes ago, Dan_WatsonAU said:

What an odd take, I can’t understand why you would want something to be bad. 
why wouldn’t you want every game to be good and then we would have more good games to play. Odd 

This game was born out of the greedy and explotation of a concept. It was an expansion of Black Flag, who was already an expansion to the naval minigame of ACIII.

After many years, they lied with the beta and the supposedly confirmed release on PS4. They ended up turning what could be a beautiful inspired sequel of Black Flag into an unnecesary live service game.

I don't know, maybe I don't want to support these practices, but you do you.

Edit: remember that the only reason this project is still going is because they were funded by the government of Singapore to develop the game there, and they can't go back.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 2