Skull & Bones releasing February 16, 2024 (or is it?)

MidnightDragon

not gonna repost vast swathes of text, so this was my thoughts.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/18jfyc0/skull_and_bones_my_thoughts_after_6_hours_play/

Although weirdly, i spent today playing Dredge, which is basically a boat borne, fetch game (basically what S&B is), and I enjoyed it..

Edited by daveM12DIM

8 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Played the beta for about an hour.  Maybe I was too tired last night but so far this game is GARBAGE.

It looks and feels like a bad previous gen game, at best.

Because they made this game at the beginning for PS4/One, development started in 2015-16 and game reveal with gameplay was in 2017

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RAE-XV said:

I feel like this is going to be one of those very niche games that only a few people play

honestly, after the 6 hours I did, I think the best route for the game would be taking the Singapore money, then making it free 2 play and just include a ton of micro-transactions for resources, and skins

one thing is for sure, its not worth anything close to £70, nowhere even close

Edited by daveM12DIM

A little disappointing to hear people don't like it. I wasn't at all interested at first...as much as I love Assassin's Creed IV, the idea that Ubisoft just  plucked the navel combat out of the game and said "this its own game now", and there was nothing else to it, never sat right with me (plus I think being able to do more than JUST navel combat in AC4, helps it not feel boring by that being the ONLY thing we could do). But then Ubi finally turned this in a full game...making it a full pirate experience made it sound like a much better idea to me and I was kind of on board with it...even added the game to my wishlist. But it sounds like the game has gone through a bit too much internal strife to be truly successful.