Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare?

Bmj78BeCQAAZBt_-640x360.jpg

Rumors are starting to come out in droves regarding the next Call of Duty. Here's what is known. Activision released a video theorizing on what would happen if PMC's (Private Military Corporations) took over. It's actually a realistic possibility. Anyway, Activision will be announcing the next COD this Sunday! Game Informer's next issue will have a full-reveal of the game as well. Some of the rumors coming out have Kevin Spacey involved in the next COD. Also an image released today shows an African-American with an uncanny resemblance to Sgt. Foley from MW2. This fuels the fire of the common belief that the next COD is MW4.

On the other hand in the image, the soldiers are clearly wearing a sort of exo-skeleton. This leads to the belief that the next COD game will be based in the same universe as the Modern Warfare series, but will be farther in the future. Finally, it is becoming widely believed  that COD 2014 will be titled, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (which makes a ton of sense and lines up with everything just discussed). 

call-of-duty-sledgehammer-screenshot-gi-

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 1

Dude!!!! You and me both! Obviously Treyarch's next will be BLOPS3, but it would be nice, with three studios developing three separate games, to have in a three year time-frame, titles in completely different eras. Say one in the future, one modern, and one in WWII. I get that people got burned out over WWII games, but with next-gen tech, it would be phenomenal to see WWII on a scale never-before seen in a video game. Personally, I think that the market is now over-saturated with modern shooters. We need to go back to WWII, maybe even WWI. I'd love to see WWI tackled. It would certainly be a challenge. Either way, I think everyone is ready for another WWII COD.

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 2

Dude!!!! You and me both! Obviously Treyarch's next will be BLOPS3, but it would be nice, with three studios developing three separate games, to have in a three year time-frame, titles in completely different eras. Say one in the future, one modern, and one in WWII. I get that people got burned out over WWII games, but with next-gen tech, it would be phenomenal to see WWII on a scale never-before seen in a video game. Personally, I think that the market is now over-saturated with modern shooters. We need to go back to WWII, maybe even WWI. I'd love to see WWI tackled. It would certainly be a challenge. Either way, I think everyone is ready for another WWII COD.

Exactly. People were sick of WWII shooters because that is what the vast majority of shooters used to be. Since CoD 4: Modern Warfare made modern shooters popular that is what everyone else has done so as strange as it sounds it would be a refreshing change of pace to go back to WWII. I also share the same sentiment as you that WWI would be very interesting to tackle as well. I just don't know if a whole game dedicated to trench warfare would be that interesting. It would be cool if the first few levels were WWi and then you could play as that characters son or grandson and play the rest of the game in WWII. Hell, even a proper Vietnam game could be badass too. 

Parker

• Like 2

Once again, I absolutely agree. I for one am surprised that Vietnam has never really been covered. I do not consider Black Ops as really counting. It was an awesome game, and the flashback that tied it into World at War was great, but it never really seemed to focus on the Vietnam war, it was kind of all over the place and really focused on Mason and the numbers etc. There were soooooo many battles in Vietnam, the war lasted over a decade. I'd like for them to be completely historical with a Vietnam game similar to the original COD games. I agree regarding the WWI game as well. Certainly it would be a challenge. There was much more to WWI than just trench warfare, although it was a significant element. While the Western Front was full of trench warfare, the Eastern Front had a lot of variety. Also, I think there were battles in the mountains of Italy etc.

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 2

True, there was much more to WWI than trench warfare but that is generally what people think of when they think about WWI. Of course I suppose it would be a good thing to educate the masses about the Great War while still having fun. 

On another note, it is nice to see you posting again Daniel.  B)

Parker

True, there was much more to WWI than trench warfare but that is generally what people think of when they think about WWI. Of course I suppose it would be a good thing to educate the masses about the Great War while still having fun. 

On another note, it is nice to see you posting again Daniel.  B)

Parker

Agreed, and thanks Parker. I should be back for real now that you helped me figure out my technical problems. I remember the days when I was the top-poster haha. Now look at you! :P

I need the game to feel like MW2, the ending that game made me have feels. I think MW4 is probably not the game we are going to get because the story line in MW3 ended badly. I felt bad for infinity ward that day.

I don't want another Modern Warfare game to be honest. While I've already mentioned I'd love a WWII shooter, I was disappointed with MW3 and I would much rather see Sledgehammer make their own game instead of being forced to finish a popular story line. 

Agreed, and thanks Parker. I should be back for real now that you helped me figure out my technical problems. I remember the days when I was the top-poster haha. Now look at you! :P

I have no idea what you're talking about...  :ninja:

Parker

I need the game to feel like MW2, the ending that game made me have feels. I think MW4 is probably not the game we are going to get because the story line in MW3 ended badly. I felt bad for infinity ward that day.

Interesting, I must be the only one that enjoys each and every Call of Duty entry. I for one thought that MW3 was a perfect third entry. It upped the scale in every way imaginable, it wrapped up the storyline effectively, and by no means did it close the universe for future titles. There is always another war! Multiplayer was fairly good as well. Oddly I can't go back to it now. After playing next-gen Ghosts mp, my eyes literally strain and hurt to see enemies in MW3's mp. I have good eyesight, but I've gotten spoiled I guess. I really have no clue how I used to think last-gen COD graphics were really good. *facepalm*

Interesting, I must be the only one that enjoys each and every Call of Duty entry. I for one thought that MW3 was a perfect third entry. It upped the scale in every way imaginable, it wrapped up the storyline effectively, and by no means did it close the universe for future titles. There is always another war! Multiplayer was fairly good as well. Oddly I can't go back to it now. After playing next-gen Ghosts mp, my eyes literally strain and hurt to see enemies in MW3's mp. I have good eyesight, but I've gotten spoiled I guess. I really have no clue how I used to think last-gen COD graphics were really good. *facepalm*

I remember when Gran Turismo 2 came out for the original PlayStation and I was amazed. I thought the graphics were photo realistic and we'd never see games that would look better than that. Take a look at that game today...  :lol:

Parker

• Like 1

I don't want another Modern Warfare game to be honest. While I've already mentioned I'd love a WWII shooter, I was disappointed with MW3 and I would much rather see Sledgehammer make their own game instead of being forced to finish a popular story line. 

I have no idea what you're talking about...  :ninja:

Parker

Haha, you are funny. Anyway, to continue our COD discussion, what do you mean by "finish the storyline"? I always thought it ended fine. They could have left the MW series and I don't remember thinking that there were leftover story threads. I mean they certainly could continue the series, but also could easily leave it alone. Would you mind explaining?

I remember when Gran Turismo 2 came out for the original PlayStation and I was amazed. I thought the graphics were photo realistic and we'd never see games that would look better than that. Take a look at that game today...  :lol:

Parker

I thought the same back then about PS2 games. So funny how time changes everything. :D

Sweet, first I've heard of this; cheers Daniel!

Like I mentioned in your previous post about BF and COD the other other day, I'm a big fan of the COD series, so am especially keen for this next one; especially if they truly make use of the next-gen (current-gen?) hardware. I do want them to go back to the 'good old days' of WWII or similar at one point too, like you mentioned. 'Futuristic' shooters are becoming the new norm, haha

• Like 1

Sweet, first I've heard of this; cheers Daniel!

Like I mentioned in your previous post about BF and COD the other other day, I'm a big fan of the COD series, so am especially keen for this next one; especially if they truly make use of the next-gen (current-gen?) hardware. I do want them to go back to the 'good old days' of WWII or similar at one point too, like you mentioned. 'Futuristic' shooters are becoming the new norm, haha

Unlike Ghosts, Activision specifically said that this upcoming COD will be next-gen first. Meaning it will specifically be developed for next-gen systems and then ported down to last-gen systems. 

• Like 1

Haha, you are funny. Anyway, to continue our COD discussion, what do you mean by "finish the storyline"? I always thought it ended fine. They could have left the MW series and I don't remember thinking that there were leftover story threads. I mean they certainly could continue the series, but also could easily leave it alone. Would you mind explaining?

To me it felt like Modern Warfare 3 was just a cash in on the name, especially considering the huge controversy around Infinity Ward at the time and most people who actually worked on MW2 leaving and working for Respawn. I guess it should have been expected for the Modern Warfare story to continue but it felt strange to not have the "real" Infinity Ward working on it. Modern Warfare 2 was a pretty big step up from CoD 4 (in my opinion) but I didn't feel the same thing going from MW2 to MW3. 

It is kind of hard to explain really, but I just didn't feel the same creativity in MW3 that I did in the previous 2 MW games. When I think about Modern Warfare I think of various moments from the first 2 games, nothing in the third (except that thing with Soap) really stands out to me. 

Did they mess up their schedule or something? Infinity ward made last year so shouldn't treyarch make the cod this year?

They have three developers now. Infinity Ward (what is left of them) Sledgehammer and Treyarch. Now each game will have an extra year of development time so the Treyarch title should come out next year. 

Parker

Did they mess up their schedule or something? Infinity ward made last year so shouldn't treyarch make the cod this year?

The schedule changed this year. The series has now gone to a three core studio development schedule. In other words, last year it was Infinity Ward with Ghosts. This year it is Sledgehammer with COD:Advanced Warfare (or whatever it is called), and next year will be Treyarch, most likely with BLOPS 3. This is good for the series as each game gets a three-year development time, which only increases the likelihood for more polish and potential innovation........perhaps longer sp campaigns???? *fingers-crossed*

The schedule changed this year. The series has now gone to a three core studio development schedule. In other words, last year it was Infinity Ward with Ghosts. This year it is Sledgehammer with COD:Advanced Warfare (or whatever it is called), and next year will be Treyarch, most likely with BLOPS 3. This is good for the series as each game gets a three-year development time, which only increases the likelihood for more polish and potential innovation........perhaps longer sp campaigns???? *fingers-crossed*

Bring back nazi zombies *fingers-crossed*

To me it felt like Modern Warfare 3 was just a cash in on the name, especially considering the huge controversy around Infinity Ward at the time and most people who actually worked on MW2 leaving and working for Respawn. I guess it should have been expected for the Modern Warfare story to continue but it felt strange to not have the "real" Infinity Ward working on it. Modern Warfare 2 was a pretty big step up from CoD 4 (in my opinion) but I didn't feel the same thing going from MW2 to MW3. 

It is kind of hard to explain really, but I just didn't feel the same creativity in MW3 that I did in the previous 2 MW games. When I think about Modern Warfare I think of various moments from the first 2 games, nothing in the third (except that thing with Soap) really stands out to me. 

They have three developers now. Infinity Ward (what is left of them) Sledgehammer and Treyarch. Now each game will have an extra year of development time so the Treyarch title should come out next year. 

Parker

No that is a good point. MW2 certainly had more memorable moments. MW3 had increased scale and an added level of epicness/Michael Bay'esqueness (lol), but fewer memorable moments. What I remember of it was blowing up the Eiffel Tower, Soap dying, and Makarov getting his. That's about it, but still I feel it wrapped things up effectively. 

Bring back nazi zombies *fingers-crossed*

I'd be shocked if Treyarch did not give us next-gen zombies next year. :D

My expectations for the multiplayer are very low after Ghosts .

I actually though Ghosts had a very good multiplayer system in place. The maps are garbage (in my opinion) because they are way too big for a CoD game but the hit detection is the best it has been since MW2 and it has been lag free and very smooth for me. If they had this multiplayer system with MW, MW2 or Blops maps it would be amazing. 

Parker

I actually though Ghosts had a very good multiplayer system in place. The maps are garbage (in my opinion) because they are way too big for a CoD game but the hit detection is the best it has been since MW2 and it has been lag free and very smooth for me. If they had this multiplayer system with MW, MW2 or Blops maps it would be amazing. 

Parker

I totally agree. The maps are way too freakin' huge, which is something they seemed to realize with the DLC maps. Hit detection truly is spot on, which is something I realized while playing one of my favorite COD's BLOPS II today. It really is a stark contrast. I enjoy Ghosts mp. They made good refinements that I hope future COD's continue. For instance, simple touches such as always seeing your stats on the upper right hand corner. I also enjoyed the addition of hybrid weapons, weapons pre-installed with attachments, etc. I think they did a good job with the loadout system. While more complicated than BLOPS II's Pick Ten system, it really is not nearly as confusing as people seem to make it out to be. Also, while BF has done it for years, the ability to run and mantle over cover, was truly a welcome addition to series vets such as myself. Leaning around cover, is also something I greatly miss while playing older CODs. Finally, I prefer IW's sliding to Treyarch's jumping into prone. These may sound like silly gimmicks, but they really do make a difference. I was skeptical at first, but as someone who puts extensive time in COD, they really do make the overall experience more enjoyable and fluid. Hopefully these welcome additions continue with future installments.

Edit: I forgot to mention Care Packages! I love how Ghosts made one have to complete a field order in order to get a care package. It makes it sometimes a challenge, and it's certainly rewarding to get a care package in the DLC maps! haha *wink* *wink*

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 1