Season 3 Invasions Vital Info

Colin_Raleigh

Season 3 is a lot different from the ones that preceded it. Certain vital things are vastly different now and what I'll do is list the examples of that here. In several ways I don't envy anyone who's currently going for certain trophies (especially getting 5 kameo fighters to their maximum level) because some things that were a hell of a lot easier to previously get are a lot harder now.

Getting 5 million in a gateway tower can still be done but it's nowhere near as easy as it was in Season 2. Remember the massive amount of EXP you could get in Season 2's Seasonal Tower? I sure as hell do because it got my in game profile over 1,000. 😁 Unfortunately Season 3's Seasonal Tower doesn't have any EXP increases past Tower 30 so it stays the same from that point forward. Talk about taking the fun out of everything. 😡 The only reason to keep playing is if you want some skins for your characters, the last one is unlocked after beating Tower 45. No reason whatsoever to play Tower 46 and beyond.

As for Invasions Mode itself, be sure not to level up too much before going for the first treasure chest behind an obstruction in the first mesa. If you level up too much, it'll make it impossible to get it later on at higher character levels. At first I thought the second one on the first mesa couldn't be acquired at later levels but it can be even at Level 30 if you use Reiko without adding the 145 points to his stats and have Frost as the kameo. Secret fights seem a little easier to get this time around. Not sure how I did it but I got the secret fight at least 3 or 4 times. Additionally, do not buy the Dragon Medallion konsumable in the hopes of getting a secret fight. It didn't work last season and it still doesn't work now. Ambushes seem to happen a little more often now as well, I got like 3 or 4 of those while playing through. Getting to Level 30 in Invasions isn't as easy as it used to be in buying EXP increase konsumables at the Wu Shi Academy mesa. It'll still help you level up but nowhere near as quickly.

Finally, the final Invasion boss Sub-Zero is different from his predecessors Scorpion and Nitara. After beating him the first 2 rounds, you have to leap in the air before he pounds the ground with his ice staff. Fail to do so in time and it results in an instant kill on your playable character. Thankfully he only did this once when I fought him but @mddowlin reported that on his end the ground pound happened more than once. Sub-Zero did have ice armor on while doing the ground pound which I'd destroyed after said move, so perhaps that's why I didn't see him do it again. There's a clue on how to beat him right before the fight starts. I won't spoil it here but long running MK fans like myself will recognize it right away. When the camera pans out during the final moments of the fight, use the attack buttons (try all 4 just in case) and you'll be able to deliver the final blow. That about covers it for Season 3, regretfully it's the weakest one yet due to the EXP cap. No real reason to keep on playing it any further after doing all of the aforementioned things listed in this post.

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
Updating information.
  • Like 2

Great summary, thanks for the heads up that the seasonal tower isn't going to award much XP this season. Seems like they just want to continue making it harder and harder to grind Kameo XP. Ah well, guess I'll invest in a turbo controller or figure out how to use a remote client. Thankfully for the mystery matches in the Wu Shi academy, there is a relic that makes you win if time runs out, and you can just let matches idle while equipping that.

I'd also like to confirm that there are enough test your might nodes this season to get that trophy. I saw a lot of people complaining last season that there weren't. There's one in Shang Tsung's lab and a handful in the final mesa.

For the last boss fight itself, I can confirm that Sub-Zero will use his insta-kill move more than once. It's hard to avoid it with just a well timed leap so I'd recommend a character with a special move that gives you a little more air time. I'll mark it with a spoil tag but the way to finish him off is to 

Spoiler

hit one of the buckets on stage towards him to freeze him and win

EDIT: I didn't realize the Wu Shi academy throws so many test your might, survival, and endurance matches at you. A mindless algorithm that just mashes X could very likely get you stuck in a 0 XP loop

Edited by mddowlin
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mddowlin said:

Great summary, thanks for the heads up that the seasonal tower isn't going to award much XP this season. Seems like they just want to continue making it harder and harder to grind Kameo XP. Ah well, guess I'll invest in a turbo controller or figure out how to use a remote client. Thankfully for the mystery matches in the Wu Shi academy, there is a relic that makes you win if time runs out, and you can just let matches idle while equipping that.

I'd also like to confirm that there are enough test your might nodes this season to get that trophy. I saw a lot of people complaining last season that there weren't. There's one in Shang Tsung's lab and a handful in the final mesa.

For the last boss fight itself, I can confirm that Sub-Zero will use his insta-kill move more than once. It's hard to avoid it with just a well timed leap so I'd recommend a character with a special move that gives you a little more air time. I'll mark it with a spoil tag but the way to finish him off is to 

Reveal hidden contents

hit one of the buckets on stage towards him to freeze him and win

In regards to that final Sub-Zero fight, I kept attacking him after avoiding his fatal ground pound with the ice spear and he never tried to do it again. Maybe it's connected to the ice armor he'd had on while doing that move? I made sure to destroy it as quick as possible. Regardless though, I edited my opening post here to mention what happened when you'd fought Sub-Zero. That fight was extremely annoying and it took me 4 tries to beat thanks to that one hit kill horseshit, I haven't gone back to it since. Hell, that's probably another reason why this season is the weakest one yet. Scorpion and Nitara on the other hand I both defeated at least a few times each.

Edited by Colin_Raleigh

2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Well damn, they're really worried about us finishing the 5 max level Kameo trophy too fast. I remember reading about people turning back the time on their PS5 to access older Titan battles, could that work to get Season 2's seasonal tower back? 

That's a good question. I haven't heard of anyone trying that though. If it worked, the only drawback would be having to start said Tower at Level 10 and having to work your way forward into the mid to late 40s where the EXP finally starts getting good. I recall how Levels 48 and 56 were good grinding areas due to less difficult modifiers.

Just now, Colin_Raleigh said:

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
Error on quoting post.

They also nerfed the War Horn Legendary Talisman, before it had 1 charge, but would last the whole match and demolish even bosses. When you find the War Horn Legendary version in a chest now, it has 5 charges, it has only 1 tiny tarkatan and a couple small meteors each time you use it.

Edited by Nitemares-----

7 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

That's a good question. I haven't heard of anyone trying that though. If it worked, the only drawback would be having to start said Tower at Level 10 and having to work your way forward into the mid to late 40s where the EXP finally starts getting good. I recall how Levels 48 and 56 were good grinding areas due to less difficult modifiers.

Just changed my date a couple times and I'm still at the season 3 towers. Unless I did it wrong, then I don't think we can get season 2's tower back. I even tried seeing if the past Titan fights would spawn, but they didn't. Guessing the best way to farm kameo XP this season is to either grind the level 30 tower or just use a turbo controller.

4 hours ago, hopeseinberg said:

Can anyone confirm there is at least 5 test your might nodes this season? I haven't yet got the key the final subzero fight drops but I have pretty much searched everywhere else, only found 3 so far, would be super annoying to wait for the next season and start from scratch for that trophy...

Not sure how far along you are, but I think there's at least one per Season 3 mesa. Also, doing the random fights at Wu Shi Academy mesa sometimes has them pop up too. Next time I fire up the game which will be later today, I'll go through the mesas and count how many there are. That way I'll have an exact answer for you.

Edited by Colin_Raleigh

4 hours ago, hopeseinberg said:

Can anyone confirm there is at least 5 test your might nodes this season? I haven't yet got the key the final subzero fight drops but I have pretty much searched everywhere else, only found 3 so far, would be super annoying to wait for the next season and start from scratch for that trophy...

Yes, look at my reply up above where I explicitly confirm that there are and their locations

1 hour ago, mddowlin said:

Yes, look at my reply up above where I explicitly confirm that there are and their locations

So there is 4 TYM nodes at the finale mesa? I am pretty certain I did everything but the Klue stuff and still only managed to find 2 at the final one and 2 at the one before that, will run around few more times at the final mesa then.

26 minutes ago, hopeseinberg said:

So there is 4 TYM nodes at the finale mesa? I am pretty certain I did everything but the Klue stuff and still only managed to find 2 at the final one and 2 at the one before that, will run around few more times at the final mesa then.

Just ran around and counted 3 in the final Mesa. Two in the entrance area and the final one when you're on the wall running around the perimeter

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hopeseinberg said:

I just ran through all 6 mesas in order of how they appear through normal Invasions gameplay, here are all the TYM spots:

Mesa 1: TYM is in 2 towers, a Level 2 and a Level 5

Mesa 2: TYM is in 2 towers, a Level 8 and a Level 10

Mesa 3: TYM is in 2 towers, a Level 12 and a Level 13

Mesa 4: TYM is in 2 towers, a Level 17 with Flying Demon modifier and a Level 17 with Ice Floor modifier 

Mesa 5: TYM between Ashrah Level 22, Rain Level 22, and Raiden 22 and a TYM after Sindel Level 32

Mesa 6: TYM between Raiden Level 25 and Geras Level 25, a TYM between Endurance Level 26 and a Kollector shop, and another TYM between Geras Level 27 and Endurance Level 27

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

I just ran through all 6 mesas in order of how they appear through normal Invasions gameplay, here are all the TYM spots:

Mesa 1: TYM is in 2 towers, a Level 2 and a Level 5

Mesa 2: TYM is in 2 towers, a Level 8 and a Level 10

Mesa 3: TYM is in 2 towers, a Level 12 and a Level 13

Mesa 4: TYM is in 2 towers, a Level 17 with Flying Demon modifier and a Level 17 with Ice Floor modifier 

Mesa 5: TYM between Ashrah Level 22, Rain Level 22, and Raiden 22 and a TYM after Sindel Level 32

Mesa 6: TYM between Raiden Level 25 and Geras Level 25, a TYM between Endurance Level 26 and a Kollector shop, and another TYM between Geras Level 27 and Endurance Level 27

I think we can rule out TYM in towers counting towards the trophy; I did not get it unlocked until the fifth node I visited. But for all I know the trophy could count all the distinct objects that you TYM against, as I remember doing a lot of tedious head smashing TYM challenges

3 hours ago, mddowlin said:

I think we can rule out TYM in towers counting towards the trophy; I did not get it unlocked until the fifth node I visited. But for all I know the trophy could count all the distinct objects that you TYM against, as I remember doing a lot of tedious head smashing TYM challenges

I just put them in there as a CYA measure, for all we know those could count now but maybe they don't. Who knows for sure? This game is a buggy mess. After all, there's been a lot of changes with each Invasions Season. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 11:31 AM, Colin_Raleigh said:

I just put them in there as a CYA measure, for all we know those could count now but maybe they don't. Who knows for sure? This game is a buggy mess. After all, there's been a lot of changes with each Invasions Season. 

I can definitively tell you they do not, there’s a way to check them. If you click the touchpad in invasions and go to the stats you can see all time/invasion TYMs and the only ones that count towards this are the nodes. Towers do not count, There is 4-5 in this invasion. 

1 hour ago, Wally-The-Wall said:

I can definitively tell you they do not, there’s a way to check them. If you click the touchpad in invasions and go to the stats you can see all time/invasion TYMs and the only ones that count towards this are the nodes. Towers do not count, There is 4-5 in this invasion. 

There's 5 that aren't in the towers.

Despite having Mileena at Level 30, I just found a way to unlock the first mesa's obstructed treasure chest. A few minutes ago, I bought a relic in the Gateway mesa's store called Stormy Shokan Fingers of Aptitude for 5,000 koins. One of its features is reducing damage done by 50% so I equipped it and played the Sai-Oh-Nara node, no upgrade points were put into her stats when I did this. It took a few tries but I was able to do what was needed to get to the treasure chest. Glad that's out of the way now, it was the only one I had left. What a pain in the ass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Despite having Mileena at Level 30, I just found a way to unlock the first mesa's obstructed treasure chest. A few minutes ago, I bought a relic in the Gateway mesa's store called Stormy Shokan Fingers of Aptitude for 5,000 koins. One of its features is reducing damage done by 50% so I equipped it and played the Sai-Oh-Nara node, no upgrade points were put into her stats when I did this. It took a few tries but I was able to do what was needed to get to the treasure chest. Glad that's out of the way now, it was the only one I had left. What a pain in the ass.

Nice one, will give this a shot… not sure how much help it will do though, just waiting for the titan fight for the platinum. Don’t think I’ll play much after that

1 hour ago, Wally-The-Wall said:

Nice one, will give this a shot… not sure how much help it will do though, just waiting for the titan fight for the platinum. Don’t think I’ll play much after that

I got the platinum back when I beat Titan Baraka during the last several days of Season 1, but I've continued playing for fun. At the same time though, I sure as hell hope there's nothing as frustrating as the issues with Sai-Oh-Nara in Season 4 which ironically will have Mileena as the main antagonist. 

I will add to this if anyone needs help with last boss, it is very easy to just do it with lui kang, as he is fire basedm subz ice based and takes more damage from fire, I used serena kameo too to completely projectile spamming subz breaks the armour crap he has before last phases anyway but more importantly when he does the 1shot mechanic in round 3 you can jump and back forward square lui kang special, his air fireball spam to just skip that mechanic as timing it without something like that and with the crappy MK1 servers can be hard to not get 1shot.

As for the last thing "use the element that brings life" low kick the bucket. It doesn't tell you how to interact with it at all so OP should have said how to interact with it as to not get 1shot.

All in all this season is longer, more difficult and more grindy than the last 2, maybe because it is kind of an Xmas season, but it also has jank to it. I am sure there are many like me who are already bored with this crap.

What rewards do you actually get for the seasonal tower? I did it once, level 10 with baraka and it gave me a tanya pallete so WTF is this?

Edited by Stinkyremy
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 9:36 AM, Colin_Raleigh said:

Unfortunately, It doesn't work for me:

I bought "Strict Shokan Finger Bones of Conjunction" which has "Damage Done Decrease by 50%", I reset the stats, so I have 145 points to spend and I still think I am dealing way too much damage with TAIs.

Maybe I used too many Konsumables during the leveling until lvl 30 which gave me permanent extra 5 points?

What are your stats for Mileena after reset? Mine are:
Health: 23
Attack: 31
Special: 54 (and I think here is the problem...)
Defense: 16
Agility: 31

Edit:

I wanted to check Mileena's stats on lvl 1 of Invasions on my alt., but I simply do not want to play complete Cage's mansion again 😕.

Edited by Smashero

On 12/28/2023 at 6:36 AM, Stinkyremy said:

I will add to this if anyone needs help with last boss, it is very easy to just do it with lui kang, as he is fire basedm subz ice based and takes more damage from fire, I used serena kameo too to completely projectile spamming subz breaks the armour crap he has before last phases anyway but more importantly when he does the 1shot mechanic in round 3 you can jump and back forward square lui kang special, his air fireball spam to just skip that mechanic as timing it without something like that and with the crappy MK1 servers can be hard to not get 1shot.

As for the last thing "use the element that brings life" low kick the bucket. It doesn't tell you how to interact with it at all so OP should have said how to interact with it as to not get 1shot.

All in all this season is longer, more difficult and more grindy than the last 2, maybe because it is kind of an Xmas season, but it also has jank to it. I am sure there are many like me who are already bored with this crap.

What rewards do you actually get for the seasonal tower? I did it once, level 10 with baraka and it gave me a tanya pallete so WTF is this?

Just other character palettes as rewards, the last of which was unlocked after beating Level 45. No other items get unlocked after that. As for the final Invasion fight, I did mention hitting all the attack buttons at the end. There is enough time to pull that off during the final part of the fight.

23 hours ago, Smashero said:

Unfortunately, It doesn't work for me:

I bought "Strict Shokan Finger Bones of Conjunction" which has "Damage Done Decrease by 50%", I reset the stats, so I have 145 points to spend and I still think I am dealing way too much damage with TAIs.

Maybe I used too many Konsumables during the leveling until lvl 30 which gave me permanent extra 5 points?

What are your stats for Mileena after reset? Mine are:
Health: 23
Attack: 31
Special: 54 (and I think here is the problem...)
Defense: 16
Agility: 31

Edit:

I wanted to check Mileena's stats on lvl 1 of Invasions on my alt., but I simply do not want to play complete Cage's mansion again 😕.

Actually I think my stats were around the same without the extra 145 points added to them. You'd mentioned konsumables that add extra stat points. You're referring to the herbs right? If you gave them to one character, they aren't added to the stats of any of the others. As for unlocking that treasure chest, it did take me a few tries. Still difficult and frustrating but not impossible.

Edited by Colin_Raleigh

12 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

You're referring to the herbs right? If you gave them to one character, they aren't added to the stats of any of the others. As for unlocking that treasure chest, it did take me a few tries. Still difficult and frustrating but not impossible.

Yes, herbs, exactly. 

Anyway, I managed to get it :). 

I used only LOW SAI during entire round and it worked. Thanks for the help! 

https://imgur.com/a/7viTXQa