Will a PEGI disc unlock the EU trophies on my US PS3?

A while ago, I made a little bet with my sister that I was going to 100% every version of every LEGO game that had a trophy list. When it comes to this game, that would mean both the US and EU trophy lists. I live in the US and know that I could make another account to buy the EU version and play it that way, but I would prefer to avoid that if possible. If I were to buy a disc with a PEGI rating instead of an ESRB rating, would that allow me to unlock the EU trophies, or am I forced to make an EU account to be able to do that?

1 minute ago, CARSOR8 said:

If I were to buy a disc with a PEGI rating instead of an ESRB rating, would that allow me to unlock the EU trophies, or am I forced to make an EU account to be able to do that?

Yes, the trophies are tied to the game version, not the account locality.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There is only 1 region locked PS3 game and that's one of the Persona titles, all others are region free but do note that DLC is region locked most of the time so has to be bought from the PS Store in the same region you got the game from.

Yeah, I believe that was one of the Persona fighting games. It was region locked because of the currency rates at the time. In the US, the game was full price at $60, but the conversion rates at the time put it at like 4,700 yen. The game was like 7,300 yen, though, so they didn't want mass importing of it. Atlus even released a statement saying this was the reason it was region locked.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mattyquinzel said:

Don’t forget the Lego movie video game has a German version aswell 

I saw this, but I also saw people in a post for that game saying that the PEGI version works for the German trophy list, even though there is a separate German version of the game on disc. Do you know if that game is the same case where I can use a PEGI disc or are you unsure?

5 minutes ago, CARSOR8 said:

I saw this, but I also saw people in a post for that game saying that the PEGI version works for the German trophy list, even though there is a separate German version of the game on disc. Do you know if that game is the same case where I can use a PEGI disc or are you unsure?

To be absolutely certain you're getting the German stack, buy the retail version from Germany and make sure it only has the USK 6 Certificate on the box.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CARSOR8 said:

If I were to buy a disc with a PEGI rating instead of an ESRB rating, would that allow me to unlock the EU trophies, or am I forced to make an EU account to be able to do that?

Both versions (NA & EU) of LEGO Indiana Jones 2 are only available physically, so you would need to import a copy with a PEGI rating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CARSOR8 said:

I can say this, I got both Lego Movie games (actually ALL of them, the "Classics" BackCompat on Xbox, and all the PS4 onwards ones, and Remasters like Harry Potter, whilst on Sale on my PS5/XsX) digitally and the "Ger. Trophy List" is what was given to me on my Australian Account 🤷‍♂️

Just checked and it actually lists as "Lego Movie The Game (GER)" here, no idea why but whatever 😅