Side Quest Bug already!

Turning the controller off and back on did the trick for the moon quest but the parrot is bugged out for me as well, I have seen posts online about chests and petals bugging out too, hopefully Ubisoft is onto it and they release a fix that works on active saves.

• Like 1

Personal experience:

I picked up the parrot sidequest, but the "New Quest" notification didn't come up on my screen. However, when I opened up the map and then returned back to the game, it showed up right away. Checked the sidequest menu and I did see details for the quest as well. 

I have a hunch that for many of the quest-related bugs folks are experiencing, controller dis/reconnect; pausing; or map screen will do the trick.

5 hours ago, hopeseinberg said:

Turning the controller off and back on did the trick for the moon quest but the parrot is bugged out for me as well, I have seen posts online about chests and petals bugging out too, hopefully Ubisoft is onto it and they release a fix that works on active saves.

Well, entering the menus for the Moon Gatherer quest helped me progress, but I have to say I am disappointeded that such a simple yet great game has so many bugs.

What concerns me is that Ubisoft is one of the worst in terms of hot fixes and support for their games, especially their smaller titles in my experience and that this will never be fixed.

Edited by exsentry

On 1/19/2024 at 1:00 AM, Foremanskin said:

I have a different side quest bugged it seems. I can't start the quest for the man who wants to find the moon. Every time I accept the quest the game just locks up and nothing happens and the only way to get out of it is to close the game. Such a shame with all these glitches since the game is actually quite good.

Same !

I don't think the Treasure of the Seven Seas will be patched anytime soon. Ubisoft likes to put out one patch a month and even if it does get patched, there is no way of knowing if we will need to restart the game anyway. They might be able to fix the bug but only to prevent it from happening, not to push through the mission progress if you've already lost the bird.

Helpful tip for really any game but especially this one. This is the type of game to easily play for like 5-6 hours straight. However every hour and a half two hours you should close out to main menu, close the game and back up your save. Backing up saves is always smart to do but I really feel like closing the game completely gives it a bit of a refresh. I rarely encounter common bugs not only in this game but other games as well when I do this. With how fast it loads from main menu to being into the action it doesn't hurt. 

Mother love side-quest also bugged, at least for me. I've already completed Main story, now working on Side-Quest, once I go to Mother Love side-quest start location, where's no NPC (Mother) to which I can talk and start the quest.

7 hours ago, Shadee159 said:

Mother love side-quest also bugged, at least for me. I've already completed Main story, now working on Side-Quest, once I go to Mother Love side-quest start location, where's no NPC (Mother) to which I can talk and start the quest.

You can still complete it, just go to where the boss is for it and beat it, Mother then turns up. It wont show complete in the menus, but will still pop All Side Quests trophy.

I know this because it happened to me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

You can still complete it, just go to where the boss is for it and beat it, Mother then turns up. It wont show complete in the menus, but will still pop All Side Quests trophy.

I know this because it happened to me

I have exactly the same issue. Woman is not there and I already killed the Elrik boss. Quest shows as complete but I do not have the amulet in my inventory. I wondered if the trophy for all amulets would show but alas, i am bugged out of the plat. Gave up on the plat because of this. 

25 minutes ago, Beekske said:

I have exactly the same issue. Woman is not there and I already killed the Elrik boss. Quest shows as complete but I do not have the amulet in my inventory. I wondered if the trophy for all amulets would show but alas, i am bugged out of the plat. Gave up on the plat because of this. 

I still got the amulet, i never visited the Mother location before defeating the quest boss. Maybe that was why or maybe ive just been lucky.

Its been a while since ive played a Ubi game, are they all buggy like this, like not polished a great deal before release?

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Its been a while since ive played a Ubi game, are they all buggy like this, like not polished a great deal before release?

Well the AC games are always buggy. AC Unity was a mess and still is. Ac Valhalla had several bugged collectibles and there were several hundreds of collectibles so alot of people lost many many hours on that game. 

But most often Ubi games are playable and platable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plat-Services said:

Patch 1.03 just landed, so this may have fixed the issue.

Already tried it: parrot is still missing, no quest details in the menu.

I'll keep it installed while I move on to other games, but I'd be disappointed if this one stupid bug stops me from getting the platinum trophy. And I have no desire to replay it entirely soon, anyway.

39 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

Already tried it: parrot is still missing, no quest details in the menu.

I'll keep it installed while I move on to other games, but I'd be disappointed if this one stupid bug stops me from getting the platinum trophy. And I have no desire to replay it entirely soon, anyway.

Unfortunately it’s been confirmed that the parrot bug has been solved with the latest update, but only for new players. If I refer to the game’s Discord, it seems the update doesn’t retroactively solve the issue and you’ll have to start a new save 😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duncanmcleod said:

Unfortunately it’s been confirmed that the parrot bug has been solved with the latest update, but only for new players. If I refer to the game’s Discord, it seems the update doesn’t retroactively solve the issue and you’ll have to start a new save 😕

That is worse news than having no patch at all, they are going to sweep it under the rug now that it is fixed for the new saves. Really cba to collect all those 30 sand jars again, baffles me how this game scored this high with these many bugs and overall mediocrity, even if we assume the game functioned as intended.

1 hour ago, duncanmcleod said:

So what about the entire group of players with old saves who are stuck with this glitch?

That is some straight-up bullshit. Many users on multiple platforms have been affected, so it's more common than they'd like to admit, and I've even run into forum threads from these past few days where people complained they still run into it, in multiple new playthroughs. So the issue is definitely not fixed for everyone, and I'm not accepting the fact they're pretending like it is.

27 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

So what about the entire group of players with old saves who are stuck with this glitch?

That is some straight-up bullshit. Many users on multiple platforms have been affected, so it's more common than they'd like to admit, and I've even run into forum threads from these past few days where people complained they still run into it, in multiple new playthroughs. So the issue is definitely not fixed for everyone, and I'm not accepting the fact they're pretending like it is.

I agree with the fact that it’s an unacceptable answer. And tbh I always struggle to understand how devs can get away with this sort of tricks. Especially since people playing the game right now are mostly people that pre-ordered or bought the game at launch, thus trusting the devs and the editor on launching a decent product. People who put early trust in the game shouldn’t be the ones to suffer the consequences of glitches without any other option than restarting a new save. I personally didn’t experienced the parrot bug, but I cannot finish the Architect side quest since one of my chest simply doesn’t spawn (the one with the archers). I suggest you all complain on the game’s Discord, where some Ubisoft community managers are providing quick but unsatisfactory answers. 

• Like 2

This is exactly why I don't pre-order games/buy games that's recently been released, I've only ever done it a couple times and each one I encountered a glitch preventing 100% completion. It's such a shitty practice that it's up to the gamers to inform them of the glitches before it's sorted, years ago this stuff hardly happened.

On 1/26/2024 at 11:45 AM, duncanmcleod said:

Its all still glitchy, im platinuming it for the 4th time now (alt account, newest update, got platinum down to under 5 hours) and a lot of these bugs are still present.

Parrot sidequest, I had to open the map as usual for it to trigger properly, the Mother Love sidequest doesnt trigger properly once i kill the boss unless i run left, then come back and wait a few moments and the Opportunity tracker has just frozen now.

This reminded me why i dont play many Ubi games I guess

Edited by Optinooby

Managed to get the platinum. Guess i'm lucky. The pirate quest bugged 3 times but since i knew about it i made a save before strting the quest and on my 4th try the bird actually flew to it's owner. The Soma Tree Petals also didn't bug for me. I never installed todays update since i didn't trust the dev to actually fix things, they could have made it worse for all we know.

So before Moon and Pirate quest backup your save, i would also recommend you do the same for the last of each collectible.

Edited by Quink666

6 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Managed to get the platinum. Guess i'm lucky. The pirate quest bugged 3 times but since i knew about it i made a save before strting the quest and on my 4th try the bird actually flew to it's owner. The Soma Tree Petals also didn't bug for me. I never installed todays update since i didn't trust the dev to actually fix things, they could have made it worse for all we know.

So before Moon and Pirate quest backup your save, i would also recommend you do the same for the last of each collectible.

It maybe fixed. Ive just ran platinum and was worried because this bugged out, luckily when I got back there, it suddenly gave me the reward and the trophy popped, phew!

I think this can be Platinumed in 4 hours with a good route as ive just managed it a little over with quite a lot of mistakes here and there! So luckily its not too long to run everything again for those that do get bad glitches.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, edmarlomba said:

The game just freezes when i accept the Treasure of the Seven Seas sidequest. Tried multiple times. That's after the 1.000.003 patch. I will return to it later. 

I’m encountering the same issue, have tried several times, but the game freezes every time. The only option is to fully close the game and with that I lose all the progress I had before that point and the tree save.

12 hours ago, edmarlomba said:

The game just freezes when i accept the Treasure of the Seven Seas sidequest. Tried multiple times. That's after the 1.000.003 patch. I will return to it later. 

I had this issue too. 

What you can try (unlocked me)

Once your are freeze after accepting the quest, you connect a 2nd controller. You will get the message "controller disconnected" on the game screen.

Once the 2nd controller connected, by pressing X (on the screen "controller disconnected"), it should be ok ;)

EDIT : maybe it also works with one controller if you power off your controller then power on.

Edited by Jeeze94
  • Like 1